High risk/reward players

Started by underdog11, December 28, 2012, 09:55:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

underdog11

I am curious to see how many you have per team. I would say High risk/reward players are players such as: Broughton, Hartlett, Fyfe, Rockliff, LeCras, Embley, Knights, Pederson, Stevens,  SWAN (because if he were to significantly drop his average at that price he could screw you so he counts) just to name a couple. The real question is if they have more reward then risk when deciding to take these sort of players. I have Broughton, Hartlett, Fyfe, Swan, Knights, Rockliff, Martin that I would consider high risk/reward.

List some of yours...

ronl

From your list I would consider Hartlett and Knights high risk players...Hartlett due to injuries and Knights due to form.  I think Broughton is a fairly safe bet if managed properly, Fyfe has been somewhat injury prone but low risk, Martin hopefully has grown up by now and the same for Rockliff...both are in my team and I expect them to do very well now that they've matured a bit.

underdog11

Quote from: ronl on December 28, 2012, 10:24:40 AM
From your list I would consider Hartlett and Knights high risk players...Hartlett due to injuries and Knights due to form.  I think Broughton is a fairly safe bet if managed properly, Fyfe has been somewhat injury prone but low risk, Martin hopefully has grown up by now and the same for Rockliff...both are in my team and I expect them to do very well now that they've matured a bit.

Well thats the point about Broughton, the risk is assuming he will be used correctly and given his past of screwing coaches over, a well deserved candidate. I think Knights has much more reward then risk, and Fyfe is a risk because in the midfield you cant offered to have someone who only averages 90 at 460k, the risk is hoping for improvement of 10-15 points. Good stuff mate :)

Windigo

Knights if fit and getting consistent games is a risk worth taking IMO.

Jukes

My forward line lol;

Rockliff, Thomas, Robbo, Walker, Wright, Cloke.

Talk about high risk lol.

T Dog

Bock @ D5, Judd @ M4, Bellchambers @ R1, Cloke, and potentially Josh Kennedy... :o

tbagrocks

Taylor Walker ;D Aaron Sandilands, Jack Ziebell, Dustin Martin, Daisy Thomas, Aalen Christensen, Luke Ball, Robbie Gray, Chis Knights, Matthew Broadbent, Brad Ebert, Shane Tuck, Cyril Rioli, Buddy Franklin, Travis Cloke, Hamstrings Hartlett, Travis Boak, Luke Shuey, Nic Naitanui, Shane Mumford, Kieren Jack, Brett Stanton, Jordan Russell, Matthew Leuenberger, Dean Cox, Tom Bellchambers, Greg Broughton, Harley Bennell, David Swallow, Nathan Bock, Gary Ablett

Is that all :P These are guys you could punt on but without the gaurantee of a Goddard, Pendlebury, Maric etc type consistant scoring and fittness

underdog11

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 28, 2012, 09:54:04 PM
Taylor Walker ;D Aaron Sandilands, Jack Ziebell, Dustin Martin, Daisy Thomas, Aalen Christensen, Luke Ball, Robbie Gray, Chis Knights, Matthew Broadbent, Brad Ebert, Shane Tuck, Cyril Rioli, Buddy Franklin, Travis Cloke, Hamstrings Hartlett, Travis Boak, Luke Shuey, Nic Naitanui, Shane Mumford, Kieren Jack, Brett Stanton, Jordan Russell, Matthew Leuenberger, Dean Cox, Tom Bellchambers, Greg Broughton, Harley Bennell, David Swallow, Nathan Bock, Gary Ablett

Is that all :P These are guys you could punt on but without the gaurantee of a Goddard, Pendlebury, Maric etc type consistant scoring and fittness

Grwat list besides Leuy, not a punt his a must have

Ziplock

tbagrocks

Quote from: Ziplock on December 28, 2012, 11:15:55 PM
gaff, trengove, jacobs,watts
Ben Jacobs? Agree with these, Watts may find a way into my team

The_Captain

Patton! Could explode !!! Almost rookie priced and could average up to 80!!

essendon2

Brent Stanton, Aaron Sandilands, Greg Broughton, Brian Lake, Hamish Hartlett, Christian Howard, Toby Greene, Andrew Embley, Chris Knights & Mark LeCras

Football Factory

Quote from: underdog11 on December 28, 2012, 09:55:19 AM
I am curious to see how many you have per team. I would say High risk/reward players are players such as: Broughton, Hartlett, Fyfe, Rockliff, LeCras, Embley, Knights, Pederson, Stevens,  SWAN (because if he were to significantly drop his average at that price he could screw you so he counts) just to name a couple. The real question is if they have more reward then risk when deciding to take these sort of players. I have Broughton, Hartlett, Fyfe, Swan, Knights, Rockliff, Martin that I would consider high risk/reward.

List some of yours...
Swan is not a risk imo .. even if he dropped 10 points per game he would probably still be the highest scoring player and captain of your team . The risk is.. not starting with him and he averages 130(260 as captain)

I also dont see Rockliff as a risk because every man and his dog will have him.   :'(

My Risk/Reward players: Broughton,Knights,Embley,Grimes

Driride

Risk - I thought Grimes was a risk in 2012 after having in 2011 and being burnt , so looking at that there is no risk in most player just luck

youl_R_FCK

75%  of teams have rockliff so far