is ziebell the dangerfield of 2013?

Started by starz, December 27, 2012, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

ive been looking through the drafts and it looks as though a lot of people that broke out came from the 2007 draft (ie. cotchin ebert and danger). therefore i thouhgt if we go ahead to the next draft then maybe the 2008 is the year of breakouts. alot of similarities between danger and ziebell. i have a feeling that he may lift his possesion rate this year and become a really good player. i would only consider in sc. only problem with my theory above is that he has broke his leg which may have impacted his development. anyway just thought i would put it out there.

tbagrocks

Almost worth a go with 30 trades and 10 mids, doubt he'll get the ave of a Cotch/Danger though

Torress

danger was awsome in 2012 no doubt about it. i started him just for the role chgange but didn't expect what he did - will north be as good as adelaide?? i don;t think so, imo i'm not confident they will make the 8 this year again. with blues and bombers pitching their claims for starters; someone has to squeeze out. so imo they aren't the team that crows are and just on that alone i don't think he'll hit the heights set by danger...

he has been looming tho, i like the way he goes about it - tough player! and is a tough guy to pick, not sure even if he has a breakout year if he'll be a keeper??? he is on the radar i wouldn't rule him out, but we get ball or embley for cheaper and are safer. you know, and i like mundy around that price - more proven and with sandi handing down  clearances at will??!!

danger actually is a legit jet as well, runner and footy player.

shorty3264

Not quite Dangerfield, but Ziebell is worth a midfield spot, I reckon he's ready to explode in a up and coming quality side. average of 105+ i reckon.

starz

Good point about the differences between Adelaide and North. I had a look over their stats and before  their fourth years they both had 7 hundreds. And ziebell has shown glimpses with a 41 disposal game and an awesome 4 goal game from the mids against Geelong this year. I probably wouldnt expect him to go 115+ but if I got 110 I'd be stoked which I think is possible. I see it as sort of pickin Andrew swallow for a cheaper price. I'm planning on loading up in the mids so he could be my m6

theta

I was thinking of the dangerfield comparison just a couple of days ago - but I'd be more comfortable saving some cash and backing someone who's already been there like a Moloney, Rischitelli or Ball, and even they are a tad expensive.

IF he breaks out I cant see him averaging more than 105.  I see him finishing at 93.

No from me.

starz

You see that's exactly what I think but then again that's what everyone said about danger last year. I guess only time( and the man cup) will tell.

starz

Any thoughts on who the dangerfield of 2013 will be?

tbagrocks

Quote from: starz on December 27, 2012, 06:55:21 PM
Fyfe, Caddy, Hannabery, D Swallow, Broadbent, Dusty

My Chumps

Not sold on Ziebell, know a few people who got burnt by him last year after killiing it in his first few games back.

From that draft though, I'd say there are a few breakout candidates. I like Harlett, Yarran, Shuey, Watts, Zaharakis, Hannebery, Sloane, and maybe even (bit more risky) Stephen Hill, Sam Blease, Hayden Ballentyne and Michael Hurley.

A pretty good draft that one!

kilbluff1985

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 27, 2012, 07:00:19 PM
Quote from: starz on December 27, 2012, 06:55:21 PM
Fyfe, Caddy, Hannabery, D Swallow, Broadbent, Dusty

BEN HOWLETT

starz

Out of those I like fyfe hannebery and shuey. Why howlett?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: starz on December 27, 2012, 11:01:55 PM
Out of those I like fyfe hannebery and shuey. Why howlett?

kids a gun being groomed to play like Watson, averages more tackles a game then anyone ever, very good ball winner think he has what it takes to be an elite mid