2009 GAMES: 18      AVERAGE: 84

2010 GAMES: 18      AVERAGE: 87

2011 GAMES: 22      AVERAGE: 84

2012 GAMES: 17      AVERAGE: 72

CAREER HIGHS:

DREAMTEAM: 138 vs Adelaide in 2008

SUPERCOACH: 161 vs Adelaide in 2008

BRIEF HISTORY:

2008   Season 2008 was arguably Brennan's most consistent to date. Used predominantly as an impact player in the midfield, Brennan proved himself to be a capable clearance winner and played a decisive hand in several close victories. Brennan capped off his 2008 season with a top 5 placing in the 2008 Brisbane Lions club championship and selection in the Australian International Rules squad

2009   Is there a position Brennan cant play? he starred in the midfield,defence and up forward, and also played as a relief ruckman to Mitch Clark after Matthew Leuenberger and Jamie Charman suffered season ending injuries. His versatility and newfound consistency made him a key player. The Lions hoped he would settle in the midfield where his clearance work is outstanding.

2010   On 7 October 2010, a complicated three-way deal between the Gold Coast Suns, the Brisbane Lions and Collingwood saw Brennan traded to the Suns.

2011   The athletic tall utility played all 22 games in 2011 despite playing with a shoulder injury which required off-season surgery. Not surprisingly he had a big hand in all of Gold Coast's wins, with a best afield display against former club Brisbane Lions in round 7 the highlight. Had lost none of his freakish talent conjuring contenders for mark of the year and goal of the year.

2012   Was dropped twice in 2012 and coach Guy McKenna questioned his passion towards the game. Played 17 games but wasnt himself and seriously considered quiting the game. Since then he has made the choice to carry on with his AFL career and Brennan has been one of the big improvers on the Sun's pre-season camp in Arizona, surprising McKenna and even his teammates

VERDICT: Brennan struggled in 2012 playing a game he had no passion for, since then he has decided he wants to continue his career and has been one of the best at the recent training camp impressing the coach and his team mates. The question is can Brennan re-capture his old form ?  I think he can and is undervalued and available as a defender in 2013. You have to say its a risk to go with Brennan but he might reward you becoming a top scoring defender in 2013.

PREDICTION: I think he will bounce back and average atleast what he used to, anywhere from 80-90 is possible for Brennan imo.

Arizona revitalises Suns star Jared Brennan

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDUQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heraldsun.com.au%2Fafl%2Fmore-news%2Farizona-revitalises-suns-star-jared-brennan%2Fstory-e6frf9jf-1226514035826&ei=jq3bUNrjH-fjmAXTz4CoCw&usg=AFQjCNHm27zmpD79yRkoEMrYXBpeXW2a4w&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dGY

Sun rises again for Jared Brennan

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=7&ved=0CGEQFjAG&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.perthnow.com.au%2Fsport%2Fafl%2Fsun-rises-again-for-jared-brennan%2Fstory-e6frg1x3-1226528042072&ei=dK7bUNP8LYT_mAXM0IGYDg&usg=AFQjCNGxmOSIORrU26W9NOyx1fbFRd8Imw&bvm=bv.1355534169,d.dGY&cad=rja

Pre-season guide: Gold Coast

Burning:  For Ashcroft, two names immediately come to mind: elevated rookie Kyle Horsley and Jared Brennan.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-26/preseason-guide-gold-coast

nostradamus

Brennan's problem has always been his "headspace" all through his career, and if he has had that lightbulb moment and wants to fulfill his undoubted talent he could be one of the picks of the season.
l'll be watching him closely over the pre-season for second efforts and a willingness for the contest, and if he does this will seriously consider starting him.
He could be next seasons Jack Grimes ......or his usual disappointing self......the jury is still out on that score

henry

I'm considering as a unique D4 or 5. Has freakish ability and talent just hasn't been able to put it together consistently. Nice writeup, with reports that this preseason has been his best yet I'm sure an average of 85 is on the cards.  :)

Adamant

Hard to fit him in with 6 defender spots, but if he has a decent NAB, I will consider.

tbagrocks

You could always go with Drummond instead...oh wait... well he can join him soon :P

nrich102

Good write up FF.

Too inconsistent for me though.

Andrew

Quote from: henry on December 27, 2012, 04:17:36 PM
I'm considering as a unique D4 or 5. Has freakish ability and talent just hasn't been able to put it together consistently. Nice writeup, with reports that this preseason has been his best yet I'm sure an average of 85 is on the cards.  :)

+1, but for me it might come down to Stanley v Brennan if I want to start 4 DEF rookies instead of 3. I really want to start both as Gold Coast have an easy draw in the first half of the season and Brennan just feels generously priced at $375k. With 30 trades you can upgrade or downgrade with relative ease. Generally the defenders have started slowly the past couple of seasons, but it could change seeing as Goddard, Gibbs, and Heppell are absolute locks from the start for mine. Throw in another premo and a punt paying off in Brennan and the defence should be scoring just as well as the forwards..?