Previous topic - Next topic

Which one to start 2013?

Thompson
Dangerfield
Sloane
None

Vicious Sandwhich Attack

Evening everyone,

These three all have a different upside/downsides and different value for your dollar. Just interested in how everyone will weigh up the three Adelaide midfielders.

I do have a slight preference, but iy's very slight.

Any reasons you have for your vote, please comment away.....

kilbluff1985

Dangermouse is going to win this in a landslide

tbagrocks

Thommo could improve but probably not enough to be viable

Sloane averaged 114 at the bye before tiring, another pre-season and he should keep it going all year, with not the 8 he could be an option, I had him this year ;D

Dangerman of course sould at least match his 119 from this year

Footyrulz

It all depend on how much money u have. I don't see any reason not to have more than 1 player from each club in each position as some people say.

If I had to choose 1, then obviously it would be dangerfield, but sloane and Thompson would be very good picks as well if u didn't have the cash.

Shihan7

tbagrocks

basil3134

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 25, 2012, 06:41:28 PM
Thread of the year ;D
Thompson is now getting on in years and Dangerfield has lost dual status. This could be Rory's year]

Dudge

I had Danger from the start last year, grabbed Thommo after his bye but have never had Rory. I don't think u could go to far wrong with any of them, but i voted Danger. He seems capable of breaking games open, and when he's on, he can score quite quickly fantasy wise

Torress

yea interesting picks..
its difficult to warrant starting too many players above 600k. but gotta say dangerfield here. he is in my fanplanner atm! - the way he finished off the season gives me confidence in starting him, especially considering that was his 1st season on the ball so to speak. can only get fitter!

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 24, 2012, 10:16:34 PM

Sloane averaged 114 at the bye before tiring, another pre-season and he should keep it going all year, with not the 8 he could be an option, I had him this year ;D

Hmm, that's a very good point tbag.

Sloane wouldn't be the worst POD, and could very well go 110-115+ with another pre-season.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Adamant on December 27, 2012, 04:45:57 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 24, 2012, 10:16:34 PM

Hmm, that's a very good point tbag.

Sloane wouldn't be the worst POD, and could very well go 110-115+ with another pre-season.
yep, for those that don't know what's happend under Sando here it is

(please note, i'm not trying to convince everyone to get him)

Sando came in and threw out the bikes and put in a boxing ring, the season's training was based on weights and strength

Rory and others like Thommo and Danger had tired bodys in the finals, Rory by Rd 15 was cooked

for 2013 the club has based training on core body strength and tackling, this should help Danger and Rory play out better seasons as their core body strength and conditioning improves. The two young guns with Thommo carried the team in the first half of the year with the likes of Smith, Vince and Wright stepping up late