Fantasy relevant players from Adelaide

Started by tbagrocks, December 23, 2012, 05:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Have now completed my list of all fantasy relevant players from Adelaide for 2013, check it out

Thought I'd put my bias to good use :P
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70146.0.html

Anyone else you want just say :D

bowyanger

just looking at your avatar

pfft

you obviously have a relaxation with the term"great"

i spose showerelaide fans and residents dont have much to cheer about

when I think of great forwards in Oz rules...Tex wouldnt get a show in the top 200...maybe even top 500

sure I think he can get there no worries...1 season does not maketh the man...an average season at that

I may be biased..but I reckon Gunner had a better season

tbagrocks

Sure Tex is only starting to shine, but come October everyone will know how good he is, probably the best kick in the game, the kid will simply dominate next season, have you seen the size of him lately :o

btw Adelaide is a great place and who the frog is Gunner?

bowyanger

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2012, 08:16:21 PM
Sure Tex is only starting to shine, but come October everyone will know how good he is, probably the best kick in the game, the kid will simply dominate next season, have you seen the size of him lately :o

btw Adelaide is a great place and who the frog is Gunner?

yes Adelaides awesome...ask tippett..I tried to live in Brighton...6 months was bad enough

Ziplock

gunston :P

and for players who played more than 10 games, walker had the 3rd highest average number of behinds. That being said, he also had a large number of scoring shots :P

but best kick? bomer harvey ispretty accurate, so is kosi, hanson, mayne, petrie, Jpod are all players who kicked 20+ goals, with a better conversion rate than walker.... walkers accuracy is only 62.5%  not even in the top 100 :P

tbagrocks

Just watch his field kicking next year, that will tell the story ;), Very much a confidence player, when he's on he is the deadliest kick in the game, that will come from playing every week

Kurt would've played in Afganistan if they offerd him more than Sydney, I honestly don't care who doesn't like Adelaide, I don't want to live anywhere else

Ziplock

mate, I'd play for Afghanistan if they offered me more than sydney.

you can't just say when someones on, that means he's always the best kick in the game...

T Dog

Presto

It must be nice to be a one eyed supporter, than you expect most of your players to improve out of sight, unfortunately sooner or later reality will set in.
Walker is the classic example: a hero in the eye of some supporters, but that does not make him elite.
He has had a good year after three very mediocre ones. His averages (SC) over the 4 years were: 48.7, 61.7, 62.5, 100.2
He also misses far too many games: 24 in 4 years. That is more than 25% of games missed
No, he is not even on my radar
I agree with bowyanger.

Presto

tbagrocks

Quote from: Presto on December 24, 2012, 02:02:42 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 23, 2012, 08:37:31 PM
mate, I'd play for Afghanistan if they offered me more than sydney.
+1
Quite welcome, but I would never, ever go there, unless they gave me enough money to fix the world's clean drinking water problems

btw don't go taking your wife or daughter there!

tbagrocks

I am absolutely certain he will be in the top 2 key forwards scoring in DT in 2013, say all you want but i've followed him since his arival from Broken hill, and completely know why he under performed at AFL level the previous years!

Don't believe me? Ok how about a bet? Taylor finishes in the top two key forwards averages next year? What's the wager?

tbagrocks

Funny how people make outrages statements about players they don't even know :o I don't even care if you don't rate the great man, won't stop him winning the Coleman :-X

FYI I am struggling to fit him into my DT, with now only the 6 starters he becomes liable, sure he might ave 95 but is that enough?

SC lock but maybe a DT upgrade, though he's cheap enough to risk starting, Tex will play up the ground marking everything, a true CHF, have we all seen this article about how big and fit he is :o

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/forget-kurt-tippett-here-comes-taylor-the-beast-walker/story-e6frecjc-1226542399791

Presto

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 24, 2012, 03:02:16 AM
Funny how people make outrages statements about players they don't even know :o I don't even care if you don't rate the great man, won't stop him winning the Coleman :-X

FYI I am struggling to fit him into my DT, with now only the 6 starters he becomes liable, sure he might ave 95 but is that enough?

SC lock but maybe a DT upgrade, though he's cheap enough to risk starting, Tex will play up the ground marking everything, a true CHF, have we all seen this article about how big and fit he is :o

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/forget-kurt-tippett-here-comes-taylor-the-beast-walker/story-e6frecjc-1226542399791

First you tell us:"he will be in the top 2 key forwards scoring in DT in 2013" and then: "I am struggling to fit him into my DT"
So you can't fit one of the two top forward in your DT: can you see why your words seem to be the runt of a one eyed supporter than does not make any sense?

So Walker is one of the top two forwards? The other one must be one of these:
Franklin, Lance
Cox, Dean
Chapman, Paul
Johnson, Steve
Bartel, Jimmy
Pavlich, Matthew
Zorko, Dayne
Rockliff, Tom
Thomas, Dale
Robinson, Mitch
Roughead, Jarryd
Ryder, Patrick
Lewis, Jordan
Waite, Jarrad
Whitecross, Brendan
Harvey, Brent
Bolton, Jude

That is 17 forwards that averaged more than Walker last year, and most of them (together with another 58) averaged more than him the year before, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Even if by some miracle he achieves the optimistic 95 you believe, it stiill does not equal what this player achieved last year:
Franklin, Lance
Cox, Dean
Chapman, Paul
Johnson, Steve
Bartel, Jimmy
Pavlich, Matthew

Getting back to the article you so fondly keep quoting:

All that Sanderson said can be translated onto 2 simple sentences
1) We have lost the Ferrari Tippett, but now we have the much improved Lada Walker
2) We need to find a partner to help Walker, but we do not have him yet, but we have a list of other players, one of which must step up. (Must? and if he doesn't?)

I also agree with your words: "he becomes liable". I could have told you that... As a matter of fact I did.

I was going to suggest we join a league, where you could prove how good your judgement is, but now...

Jukes

I'm going with Tex next year.

a) he has a mullet much like my own
b) With no Tippett will kick more goals, maybe even in the mid-80s region.
c) http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/adelaide-coach-brenton-sanderson-labels-new-look-taylor-walker-a-beast-but-knows-he-needs-support/story-e6frf3e3-1226542518525

Reckon he'll average mid-90s