How many premo's can you start with?

Started by roti, December 23, 2012, 01:25:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

What is the most premo's you've managed to get into your starting squad? I've managed to get 15 in, 16 if you count leuy as one, which would leave for just 6 upgrades. Wondering what the most you can fit in is

Grazz

By having 15 it would be fair to say you have atleast 3 fallen prems / mid pricers ie Mundy, Ball, Luey etc. All the prems ive gone with i feel should be comfortably in the top 10 for their positions ive selected them in by the end of the year. With that in mind i to am sitting at 15 with 3 fallen Prems/mid pricers.

nostradamus

it really does depend on what you define as premium

Spite

Obviously mids are more expensive...but here is a team I threw together to answer your question

TEAM NAME: All backs and forwards
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Redden, M. Murphy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch, A. Morabito, J. O'Meara, L. Hunter (M. Jones, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Gawn, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, D. Martin, C. Sylvia (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $10,000

By my count, the max is 16 or 17 if you include leuey

GM

Quote from: nostradamus on December 23, 2012, 01:47:03 PM
I would think you would classify them as locks or keepers.To start well i think you would need at least 13.

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on December 23, 2012, 01:47:03 PM

Yeh +1 mate, to me prems are guys your absolutely certain of keeping for the year unless tragedy strikes. Blokes like Luey, Goldy at best are only possible keepers not certainties. Take Spites side for example (Using this cause its here) Going through that i would only be certain at this stage of keeping 11 of his 16 nominated prems/fallen Prems/mid pricers. This is all entirely personal opinion of course on what you consider to be prem material. For instance i said id be starting with 15 prems but in reality im certain of keeping 12 of them for the year tbh.

Football Factory

Quote from: Spite on December 23, 2012, 01:49:42 PM
Obviously mids are more expensive...but here is a team I threw together to answer your question

TEAM NAME: All backs and forwards
DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, P. Hanley, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: B. Stanton, J. Redden, M. Murphy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch, A. Morabito, J. O'Meara, L. Hunter (M. Jones, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Gawn, D. Currie)
FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, D. Martin, C. Sylvia (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $10,000

By my count, the max is 16 or 17 if you include leuey
Nice 1 Spite.. didnt think about doing that .. but if you want a team strong in most areas with Premos that "will" be premos by years end i wouldnt be going above 14-15 imo not including Leuey.. That team will probably win Supercoach  ;)

kilbluff1985

Spite not having Buddy in that forward line will hurt you to much

Jukes

I just made a team with 17 premos :O and that's not counting mid-pricers who don't count like Leuey, Embley etc

Only three midfield premos though...

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Duffield Broughton, Lake (Colquhoun, Stevenson)
Mids: Stanton, Redden, Murphy, Viney, Mitchell, O'Meara, Goodes, Crouch (Morabito, Kennedy)
Rucks: Goldstein, Bellchambers (Currie, Gawn)
Forwards: Rockliff, Thomas, Martin, Robinson, Sylvia, Cloke (Lee, Membrey)
Cash Left: $100

Entire lines on the ground down back, ruck and forward are premiums (several of them shower-tier premos though).

Just team will be missing a LOT of firepower in the midfield, having none of the three Pies Guns, Cotchin or Ablett, so would probably score lower then say a team with 6 midfield premos then like 8 in the other lines.

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 23, 2012, 02:19:21 PM

I dont mind to much people not starting with Buddy as he can be a little inconsistent, going for guys that will give you X amount consistently over Buddy who probably has a higher ceiling but can be inconsistent isnt such a disastrous move as some would think.
Buddy didnt have a great year last year i know but he missed the top 6 by a long margin and id almost bet in DT that he wont be top 6 in 2013 for season averages but in a league situation he can be a match winner.

Edit: Actually Buddy was 4th overall last year my mistake.

JBs-Hawks

I only count 14 premos in that team jukes and that is with counting sylvia one.

Football Factory

Quote from: Grazz on December 23, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

I dont mind to much people not starting with Buddy as he can be a little inconsistent, going for guys that will give you X amount consistently over Buddy who probably has a higher ceiling but can be inconsistent isnt such a disastrous move as some would think.
Buddy didnt have a great year last year i know but he missed the top 6 by a long margin and id almost bet in DT that he wont be top 6 in 2013 for season averages but in a league situation he can be a match winner.
+ 1   http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,70112.0.html

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on December 23, 2012, 02:30:41 PM

ummm, what? franklin was averaging 107 before he got injured... his 72 against GWS was in one half and significantly drops his scoring, as does his final games in the HA season, which were just to get fitness back after a month and a half out.  Then he averaged 107 again over finals. Out of everyone with forward eligibility, he still had a higher average than them all this year. On average DT points, he was 4th, despite his injury dropping his scores.

Even despite injury, he still was only just outside of the top 25 for forwards for overall points... if you assume that you would have had a 70 average rookie covering him while he was out, starting with franklin, even having to bench him, still would have finished in essence top 6 for overall points, franklin + 70 rookie cover= 2039 points.

roti

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, O. Wines, J. O'Meara, B. Crouch (N. Hrovat, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, L. McBean)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, N. Naitanui, D. Martin, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $3,700

Thats what i've got, including leuy and mundy as fallen premo's it has 16

Spite

Seriously, did anyone read what I wrote? I said I threw it together to answer his question, that is not my team!

...Mine is wayyy better than that ;)