Colquhoun, Pittard and Stevenson

Started by nostradamus, December 23, 2012, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

if enough defender rookies are named round 1 i'll consider starting with Goddard & Gibbs then the rest rookies then stack up the forward line

would look something like this

TEAM NAME: FIGJAM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, J. Pittard, B. Staker, L. Osborne, B. Goodes (S. Docherty, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, T. Greene, N. Fyfe, J. Toumpas, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, M. Daw)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, J. Lewis, T. Cloke (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $135,400

would want 4-5 defender rookies named round to do it

GM

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 23, 2012, 01:41:46 PM
if enough defender rookies are named round 1 i'll consider starting with Goddard & Gibbs then the rest rookies then stack up the forward line

DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, J. Pittard, B. Staker, L. Osborne, B. Goodes (S. Docherty, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, T. Greene, N. Fyfe, J. Toumpas, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, J. Lewis, T. Cloke (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)

On the money Kil,This is my train of thought but with 3 premos in def.

nostradamus

one less than me, l'm looking at starting with Goddard, Gibbbs, Broughton & rookies

Grazz

Can i ask KB what your priority would be this Team, would it be league GF's or rank mate.

Windigo

I've gone with Knights, Macaffer, Menzel & Staker as my last 4 fwds because of lack of FWD rookies.

kilbluff1985

both tbh Grazz i like this theory because it means i can get in defenders that are in form

i don't see this team not doing well in leagues or rankings still has a strong midfield and enough rookie mids to make cash

we all know defender premiums are the most unreliable so think it's not a bad idea to spend the money in more reliable lines

and i don't see the point having a strategy for overall or leagues imo if you do well overall you will be doing pretty good in your league hard to imagine if your in the top 1k-5k overall your not in the top 4-8 in your league

so just start with what you think is your best line up round 1

GM

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 23, 2012, 02:07:45 PM
both tbh Grazz i like this theory because it means i can get in defenders that are in form

i don't see this team not doing well in leagues or rankings still has a strong midfield and enough rookie mids to make cash

we all know defender premiums are the most unreliable so think it's not a bad idea to spend the money in more reliable lines

and i don't see the point having a strategy for overall or leagues imo if you do well overall you will be doing pretty good in your league hard to imagine if your in the top 1k-5k overall your not in the top 4-8 in your league

+1

nostradamus

Quote from: Windigo on December 23, 2012, 02:06:39 PM
I've gone with Knights, Macaffer, Menzel & Staker as my last 4 fwds because of lack of FWD rookies.

for exactly the same reason my fwds are......

rockliff, thomas, roughead, cloke, jjk, varcoe......staker, lee

Grazz

Yeh agree with all you said there if your ranking well then your league position will reflect that but i did miss finals in a SC league last year even with a rank of 500+, wierd stuff can happen but its rare. I guess what im asking with all due respect to you, do you feel that you could win overall starting with that team.

kilbluff1985

Football Factory

Im going with a strategy of .. Forward - 2 starting rooks Staker and Stringer(Lee,Macaffer)... Back - 2 starting rooks Goodes and Terlich(Pittard,Doherty) .. Midfield - 3 starting rooks O'Meara,M.Jones,K.Mitchell (Viney,B.Couch)

imo... Once you have 3-4-5 rooks starting in any one position you take the risk of some of them not even playing

tbagrocks

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 23, 2012, 02:25:23 PM
Im going with a strategy of .. Forward - 2 starting rooks Staker and Stringer(Lee,Macaffer)... Back - 2 starting rooks Goodes and Terlich(Pittard,Doherty) .. Midfield - 3 starting rooks O'Meara,M.Jones,K.Mitchell (Viney,B.Couch)

imo... Once you have 3-4-5 rooks starting in any one position you take the risk of some of them not even playing
Then there is the very real problem thanks to that idiot Demetriou of Rookies starting sub or being subbed :-[ But I'm sure that will affect everyone, biggest problem is how it hinders how much cash they make

Football Factory

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2012, 02:39:10 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 23, 2012, 02:25:23 PM

Then there is the very real problem thanks to that idiot Demetriou of Rookies starting sub or being subbed :-[ But I'm sure that will affect everyone, biggest problem is how it hinders how much cash they make
Yes im not a fan of the sub rule like most .. with the rolling lock out we should be able to monitor who gets the green vest .. the red vest will be the problem

GM

Quote from: Grazz on December 23, 2012, 02:20:30 PM

Yeh agree with all you said there if your ranking well then your league position will reflect that but i did miss finals in a SC league last year even with a rank of 500+, wierd stuff can happen but its rare. I guess what im asking with all due respect to you, do you feel that you could win overall starting with that team.
I think Grazz with the change in field structure 6-8-2-6 it leaves it open for a diverse difference in  opinion in starting squads and where to spend your money.Its like looking in a crystal ball at the momment about the rooks but its great debate.

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 23, 2012, 02:22:40 PM
yeah i do, you don't agree?

Tbh mate im not sure, my gut is telling me its a bold but risky move that could see you to far back to challenge for the number one spot. Your Fwd's and Mid's are pretty strong and i see your thinking that they will compensate for an early loss of points in Bck's.
Its pretty ballsy mate, and i admire that because its safe to say im not. For me id like to see you start another Fwd other than Buddy for a more consistent return early but thats an entirely personal opinion as Buddy could come out on fire early and reward you better but even in his best years he's put in some 70's. You gotta risk it to get the biscuit they say and maybe being a bit more conservative will see me as a coach who may rank ok but never a contender even though ive been ranked 1 in the early weeks of 2010 i may never get to the top of the mountain at years end because im to conservative. I admire those that put it all on the line early by taking such risks early days therefore i admire you. Wish i had the nuts but i dont tbh.