Colquhoun, Pittard and Stevenson

Started by nostradamus, December 23, 2012, 11:57:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nostradamus

l think all three of these guys are amongst the best rookie priced options down back. Port have had an exodus of playing backs over the off-season......but is it possible for all 3 of them to get a game??

l'd like to think yes, but l could be kidding myself

GM

If they play rd1 go for it.The backs this year have numerous more JS rooks than the fwds.The nab cup will  closely watched.

Football Factory

Bit too early to tell at the moment but Pittard is in their best 22 imo, some people are put off by his injuries but i will be starting with him.

tbagrocks

Fair to say the ball will be down there a bit :P but that doesn't mean they will get the ball, it could be going over their heads!

Well I'm sure most Port youngsters will get game time, Hombsch comes in too, Pittard will play when fit, the others should see some game time, I guess only if they impress at the level will they keep their spot for extended period, Colquhoun played mostly reserves at Centrals so hasn't even played senior footy, he's pretty small atm and would need to show he can put on defensive pressure

Guess the only real way of gauging will be to see how they go in nab, and how Port wants to use it's players. If they're named rould one i'd bring them in

nostradamus

At the moment l have Pittard, Goodes, Stevenson, Osborne & Terlich as backline rookies.....but Docherty, Colquhoun and a couple of others are on the radar. My gut says that l'll more than likely replace Osborne with Docherty

Football Factory

Quote from: nostradamus on December 23, 2012, 12:14:12 PM
At the moment l have Pittard, Goodes, Stevenson, Osborne & Terlich as backline rookies.....but Docherty, Colquhoun and a couple of others are on the radar. My gut says that l'll more than likely replace Osborne with Docherty
Ive been tempted to replace Doherty with Osborne lol .. Osborne mature aged recruit i think and might get games but once again its a bit too early to tell whats gonna happen .. Osborne on my radar

nostradamus

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 23, 2012, 12:17:20 PM
Quote from: nostradamus on December 23, 2012, 12:14:12 PM
Ive been tempted to replace Doherty with Osborne lol .. Osborne mature aged recruit i think and might get games but once again its a bit too early to tell whats gonna happen .. Osborne on my radar

l think he only averaged 59dt points last year, but l can see him slotting str8 into GC's backline from round 1. Hopefully he gets a dt friendly role

Grazz

Ive been feeling the same way nostra, am i just wishful thinking regarding all 3 playing and playing regularly. As usual NAB will be a great assistance sorting the rooks out with early JS but as in seasons past some always go missing rnd 1. Of the 14 or so rookies in my team at the minute i feel confident that 80% of them will line up rnd 1 or is that just more wishful thinking haha.

Windigo

By round one, the rookies that are playing will be the ones we have.  ;)

Football Factory

Quote from: Windigo on December 23, 2012, 12:52:44 PM
Ah cool  .. no worries ill see you guys round 1  ;D

Grazz

Agreed, we are just going through the normal angst of rookie selection as we do year in year out. By rnd 1 well have it sussed and be wondering what all the fuss was about again.

nostradamus

Quote from: Grazz on December 23, 2012, 01:14:45 PM

Agreed, we are just going through the normal angst of rookie selection as we do year in year out. By rnd 1 well have it sussed and be wondering what all the fuss was about again.

and satisfying our fantasy fix too ;)

Spite

There was an article about josh prudden in todays paper. It says how he is an impressive inside midfielder who can also go forward and kick goals. He is listed as a def/mid though, so he is also one to watch!

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on December 23, 2012, 01:25:11 PM
Quote from: Grazz on December 23, 2012, 01:14:45 PM

and satisfying our fantasy fix too ;)

haha yep, ive changed out my rookies and then put them back again to many times already, but hey it keeps me amused.  ::)

nostradamus

Quote from: Spite on December 23, 2012, 01:26:17 PM
There was an article about josh prudden in todays paper. It says how he is an impressive inside midfielder who can also go forward and kick goals. He is listed as a def/mid though, so he is also one to watch!

definately one to keep an eye on.....l just wonder if he'll get a run ahead of Hunter, Hrovat and all the other good young players from last year