Started by Football Factory, December 22, 2012, 09:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Max Gawn - Melbourne

POSITION: Ruck

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013: $108,500

HEIGHT: 208cm       WEIGHT: 107kg

2011 GAMES: 4    2011 AVERAGE: 56

2011 SCORES:  RND 11 (56)  RND 12 (54)  RND 13 (63)  RND 20 (52)

HISTORY:

2009    2009 NAB AFL Draft 3rd round selection (Melbourne) No. 34 overall. The strong marking, football smart ruckman modelled himself on Kurt Tippett  :o  and Brad Ottens, and is capable of going forward. Missed the 2009 NAB AFL Under-18 championships with a knee injury. Stands a towering 208cm and was going to be given plenty of time to develop.

2010  Missed a fair chunk of 2010 with a knee injury. Played at VFL reserves level in the second half of the season and came through without any major injury problems. The Demons said they would not rush the the 208cm giant but they will be hoping to see him at senior level in the VFL and from there they believe he can develop into an AFL-standard ruckman.

2011   Played in the VFL and managed to play 4 games for the Demons in 2011. Made his debut against essendon in round 11.

2012   Agonisingly for the promising ruckman, Gawn injured his knee at training just before Christmas and scans confirmed he had torn his anterior cruciate ligament. It was a major setback for the Demons and Gawn, who will miss the entire 2012 season.  The son of New Zealand-born parents showed last year he can take a mark and is agile for his size (he was the second tallest player in the AFL last season). He finished sixth in the Casey Scorpions’ best and fairest and his ruck work was first class. Has signed with the club for the next two years.

VERDICT: If his knees hold together he should get games in 2013 but how many ? Has managed just 4 games since being picked up in 2009, however he is young and they do take time to develop. Entering his 4th season he might be a chance to step up and help Jamar as the second ruck in 2013.

PREDICTION: Hard to say anywhere from 50-70 if he can string some games together. Watch his NAB performances

AFL post-season medical report

Max Gawn's knee is fully healed and he's right for a full pre-season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/afl-post-season-medical-report-for-your-club/story-e6frf9jf-1226496635551

Football Factory

No responses has everybody Gawn off this guy   :D

T Dog

Jukes

Yeah I've got him too atm but everything will change come NAB cup.

Also you might want to change the thread title, there's a glaring typo.

Football Factory

Quote from: Jukes on December 23, 2012, 10:36:36 PM
Yeah I've got him too atm but everything will change come NAB cup.

Also you might want to change the thread title, there's a glaring typo.
lol . haven't you heard of the new pofiles .. ;D  will do thanks Jukes

Mr.Craig

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 23, 2012, 10:29:12 PM

I think I was just freaked out by that scary looking photo.

He's on the ever expanding watch list.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 23, 2012, 10:47:10 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 23, 2012, 10:29:12 PM

I think I was just freaked out by that scary looking photo.

He's on the ever expanding watch list.
Wolfman anyone?

mezzoculo

Considering Melb's favourable fixture if he's names for Round 1 then you'll find his popularity will skyrocket!

henry

Quote from: T Dog on December 23, 2012, 10:32:45 PM
He is my R3  ;D
Same, got that spot sewn up for me providing he stays injury free over pre-season. No Martin looking for the same spot now.

Adamant

Will lock him in if he has a decent NAB Cup.

Toga