Previous topic - Next topic

swan,beams,pendils whos the best buy?

swan
beams
pendils

lordy9

Football Factory

Value for money Pendles

If you want the best scorer in the league as captain of your team you cant go past Swanny

AlexIsOnFire

Beams will be targeted this year after his breakout year.

I'm going Pendles, value for money and should benefit from the extra attention on Beams.

Grazz

For me it comes down to the guys that have got it done year in year out. This brings Swan and Pendles to the front for me. Pendles probably the best value as stated above but if you want a guy you Cpt week in week out and be confident then its Swan out of the 3 for mine. If you dont have all three after the byes then youve made a blue imo.

m1tch robo

Whatever price swan is at he is the best value. He will be the number 1 averaging player as he has been for the past couple of years. It will cost you 3 trades to get him in the regular season 2 downgrades and an upgrade. Next year there will be less price fluctuations so his price won't drop too much.

Get swanny

tbagrocks

Best bye = Pendles but..

Imo Swan and Gaz =  bad buy, though Gaz normally fires early, those prices are riddiculous, go for Fyfe, Redden, Murphy, Danger, Mundy as low priced premos.

With 30 trades we can afford for an eg: Mundy to rise, a Swan to fall, and swap ;)

Jukes

^^^ exactly what tbag said

Swanny and GAJ are at incedibly large prices, I mean like 6.8 times the price of a rookie who'll score half their score.

Beams and Pendles are at more acceptable prices at under 600k.

imo Beams is the best choice (my formula proved it) but can't go wrong with him or Pendles, I got both.

Grazz

Quote from: Jukes on December 22, 2012, 11:20:17 PM
^^^ exactly what tbag said

Swanny and GAJ are at incedibly large prices, I mean like 6.8 times the price of a rookie who'll score half their score.

Beams and Pendles are at more acceptable prices at under 600k.

imo Beams is the best choice (my formula proved it) but can't go wrong with him or Pendles, I got both.

True and your formula did show that, but the amount of trades and time for rookies to increase it takes to get them in down the track to me is the same as paying the premium to get them from the start, probably worse as you'll be waiting till atleast round 7 before its viable and then you'll burn approx 6 trades getting them. Ok we have 30 trades now but your giving up 5 or 6 trades to gain them which is also giving an advantage to the guys that started them as they arent coughing up X amount of trades to get them because they bought them in from the begining. Im confident my team will be competative with both in it from the get go as anyone elses with an extra Prem in their forward line or backline tbh and my upgrades will come alot easier for me than those trying to ugrade to Gaz and Swan.

tbagrocks

Very true Grazz and your record shows why we do this

Let me be the devils advocate,, with the 14 trades most of us had the teams we wanted by the end, we..

We now have 30.. So, we can now risk guys like Mundy, Wallis, Fyfe, Bennell, Swallow etc...

Make the money of the lower priced mids and upgrade to a fallen Beams, Ablett etc...

Of coarse they will fall, those premiums are ridiculous and you're betting on Collingwood having as much of the ball as 11/12, well others will carch up and... Beams, Gaz and Swan will only prove value come seasoned end

Use your 30 trades to upgrade a Mundy or Swallow, who will score well early anyway, now you know my strategy ;)

Chelskiman

I'd rather start with the likes of Gazz and Swan who are likely to come out and smash 150 over the first three rounds.  You can risk it with the mid-pricers but they won't score as big and as consistent as the true premiums.  I don't care if I overpay early for Swan and Ablett because I'd rather have them in my team from the start than not.

Football Factory

Last year everyone thought Swanny would drop and he went up  :o  I cant see him going up this year so there probably is an argument for not starting him, but how much will he drop 5 points a game? do you think he will drop 10, i personally dont think he will. Im not stuffing around trying to get him in later on and i dont want to miss out on his captains points either even if he does drop 5 points a game.

tbagrocks

Buckley played Swan forward often in last querters in 012, how the frog did he get thet ave?

Well he is probably the most damaging midfielder but how much time will he spend forward?

How much does all thi affect that massive ave and price?

He is an up grade for me as I don't trust Buckley

Jukes

^ because being good at SC has anything to do with DT

Grazz

True, i tend to feel that those that dont start atleast one or both will be behind the leaders overall. Its what ive observed over the years but in saying that ive seen atleast one coach win DT without ever having Ablett, Dudge would know who im talking about as he has a memory like an Elephant sadly i dont. So there is no real right or wrong answer it all comes down to circumstance and how you trade ie aggresively early or timidly can change all scenarios. For how i go about it having both works for me as i'll upgrade to Beams sooner than the guy who is upgrading to Swan or Gaz. These two over the years dont drop alot in value and hoping that will happen so you can save alot of cash is more wishful thinking than reality in my opinion. For me i feel its easier to get a good start overall with them than without but i tend to play a Prem/Rookie strategy and dont hit midpricers to often as it can be risky unless your certain that they are underpriced and will turn a good dollar and points. This year theres a couple that are just that but for me thats not always the case hence the Prem/Rookie startegy. Gaz at rnd 17 youd save 30k last year, Swan 30K at rnd 3 but by rnd 7's end was back at 611k after opening at 598k, doubt many would of made the cash to upgrade to Swan by rnd 3. Both finished the year worth more that what you paid for them to start in your side.

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 23, 2012, 12:14:54 AM
Buckley played Swan forward often in last querters in 012, how the frog did he get thet ave?

Well he is probably the most damaging midfielder but how much time will he spend forward?

How much does all thi affect that massive ave and price?

He is an up grade for me as I don't trust Buckley

Swan finished the minor rounds with scores of 165, 159, 120, 111 and 187. He still gets it done mate.

Not trying to change anyones/your mind i think its better you go about it how you feel most comfortable or whats worked for you in the past, im just putting some personal experiences and numbers up for people to then make an informed decision.

EZA100

Quote from: Jukes on December 23, 2012, 12:28:23 AM
^ because being good at SC has anything to do with DT
yeah i guess it doesn't really make a difference maybe a bit for sc thanks for knocking that in my head :P by the way love the status