This or That? - David Mundy vs Nathan Fyfe

Started by Adamant, December 21, 2012, 07:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

VS         

David Mundy                                                                   Nathan Fyfe

Club: Fremantle Dockers                                                                      Club: Fremantle Dockers

Age: 27                                                                                              Age: 21

Position: MID                                                                                     Position: MID

Price: $451,800                                                                                  Price: $458,500

2011 Stats                                                                                        2011 Stats

Games: 12                                                                                         Games: 21

Average: 95.9 (106 without the sub affected 2)                                     Average: 98.3

100+ Scores: 7/12                                                                             100+ Scores: 10/21

High Score: 134                                                                                 High Score: 137

Low Score (non sub affected): 75                                                     Low Score (non sub affected): 65

2012 Stats                                                                                        2012 Stats

Games: 20                                                                                         Games: 9

Average: 87.7 (91 without sub affected games)                                    Average: 89.0 (97 without the sub affected 22)

100+ Scores: 7/20                                                                            100+ Scores: 3/9

High Score: 130                                                                                High Score: 124

Low Score (non sub affected): 53                                                    Low Score (non sub affected): 82

Thoughts

Mundy didn't have a pre-season this year, but still managed a respectable 91 average. He finally built up match fitness towards the end of the year, and averaged a massive 112 in the last 5 games. In 2011, he was on the brink of becoming elite and was sitting comfortably inside the top 10 mids before a broken leg ended his run. Fyfe had a breakout in 2011, lifting his average from 68 to an incredible 98 in just his second year. He had an injury ravaged 2012 thanks to a shoulder injury, but was a standout when he returned, polling 14 Brownlow votes in just 9 games. When fit, he is a consistent 90-100+ scorer, and rarely lets you down. He has a big future ahead of him at 21 years of age, and I can definitely see him going 105+ next year.

Verdict

With 8 midfield spots, you can afford to take a few risks, and if you want a cheap premium, you can't go past these two. At this early stage, I'm still undecided whether I'll be going with a mid-pricer in the mids... and Im still not sure who I would be taking out of Mundy and Fyfe. I don't think there's a lot of risk involved with these two to be honest. At worst, they'll be easy stepping stones to someone like Boyd, and at best... you've got yourself a top 10 mid for 450k.

The Jukes Coefficient

Quote from: Jukes on December 21, 2012, 07:59:46 PM
Mundy: 87.7 + 102 + 14.3 + 1.3
Fyfe: 89 + 102 + 13

Mundy = 205.3
Fyfe = 204

Adamant

Jukes

Quote from: Adamant on December 21, 2012, 07:51:22 PM
Waiting for the Jukes Coefficient :P

You could have just pm'ed me :P

I'll have it up in a few minutes.

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on December 21, 2012, 07:52:37 PM
Quote from: Adamant on December 21, 2012, 07:51:22 PM
Waiting for the Jukes Coefficient :P

You could have just pm'ed me :P

I'll have it up in a few minutes.

I look forward to it. ;)

Jukes

Mundy: 87.7 + 102 + 14.3 + 1.3
Fyfe: 89 + 102 + 13

Mundy = 205.3
Fyfe = 204

Jroo

Nice work Ad, it looks great!
I'll probably go with Fyfe but both are very underpriced and both of them are worth taking a risk on.

Toga

Nice work Ada, I've got fyfe locked and loaded at M5 8)