How many rookies is enough rookies

Started by jockreynolds, December 20, 2012, 09:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jockreynolds

Gday there lovers of Supercoach,

It's Jock Reynolds here of Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy fame. Happy to be here posting for the very first time on the great fanfooty forum. Great place. Great friends. Great times.

Legend of the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community Peter Higginbotham posted a very bloody interesting article on our site today which had a close look at last years Supercoach winning side  POWERTOTHEPEOPLE.

Interesting to note that he went in with 13 rookie priced players.

With the increase to 30 trades and therefore more scope to cash in more cows - should we be looking to go in with up to 15 rookies in Supercoach 2013?

Jock Reynolds
www.jockreynolds.com.au

kilbluff1985

how is that interesting was pretty standard i thought?

i have 14 rookies in my team right now

Grazz

I play the Gun/Rookie theory been burnt by midpricers to often and tend to stay clear now. Luey being the exception this year in the rucks. Under this theory i would expect to start with approx 15 rookies due to the price rises under the new rules. Always try to keep my upgrades at around 8 with a starting line up, the less the better but i think 8-9 will be the mark this year. Played in a couple of leagues with Powertothepeople and he will be joining one of our gun leagues this year so it will be interesting to see how he starts up this year. Pretty sure i saw a post of yours the other day Jock as i welcomed you to the best site there is for Fantasy Footy, anyway welcome again Jock.

jockreynolds

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 20, 2012, 09:37:39 PM
how is that interesting was pretty standard i thought?

i have 14 rookies in my team right now

Gday there mate nice to meet ya - I'm interested in relation to the changes to the game in 2013.. more trades.. more mids... and wether this gives us more scope to include more rookies and more potential trade up value

GM

Obviously this is the place to be.Have 15 at the momment cant wait till feb to see these guys in action.

jockreynolds

Quote from: Grazz on December 20, 2012, 09:47:27 PM
Pretty sure i saw a post of yours the other day Jock as i welcomed you to the best site there is for Fantasy Footy, anyway welcome again Jock.
What a lovely welcome! Thank you very much indeed Grazz  :) I must make a note to come in here more often, big fan of Monty and you blokes.

Grazz

Quote from: jockreynolds on December 20, 2012, 09:55:08 PM
Pretty sure i saw a post of yours the other day Jock as i welcomed you to the best site there is for Fantasy Footy, anyway welcome again Jock.
What a lovely welcome! Thank you very much indeed Grazz  :) I must make a note to come in here more often, big fan of Monty and you blokes.

Your more than welcome mate, nice to have another internet celebrity among us, hope your made to feel very welcome and enjoy the experience. m0nty does do an outstanding job but the heart of the site is the people in it. Thought i knew a bit about footy but alot of the guys here are just incredible with the depths they go to with their research. I may be dumb but i can lift heavy things lol.

jockreynolds

Quote from: Grazz on December 20, 2012, 10:07:28 PM
Quote from: jockreynolds on December 20, 2012, 09:55:08 PM

Your more than welcome mate, nice to have another internet celebrity among us, hope your made to feel very welcome and enjoy the experience. m0nty does do an outstanding job but the heart of the site is the people in it. Thought i knew a bit about footy but alot of the guys here are just incredible with the depths they go to with their research. I may be dumb but i can lift heavy things lol.

Well it's all about the research isn't it mate.. you can be born with all the God given fantasy footy talent in the world but its the hours of study, heartache and tears that make the elite rise to the top of the crop! That's why I have Higgo.

Grazz

Quote from: jock reynolds on December 20, 2012, 10:11:12 PM
Quote from: jock reynolds on December 20, 2012, 09:55:08 PM

Your more than welcome mate, nice to have another internet celebrity among us, hope your made to feel very welcome and enjoy the experience. m0nty does do an outstanding job but the heart of the site is the people in it. Thought i knew a bit about footy but a lot of the guys here are just incredible with the depths they go to with their research. I may be dumb but i can lift heavy things lol.

Well it's all about the research isn't it mate.. you can be born with all the God given fantasy footy talent in the world but its the hours of study, heartache and tears that make the elite rise to the top of the crop! That's why I have Higgo.

So true Jock, nothing worthwhile comes easy, you need to put in the effort. Whats the saying "You reap what you sew".

Thankfully Ive got JROO8, Sid, Torps, Shorty, Jayman, My Chumps, tabs, nichsa, quinny, Ringo, colli, roo boys and more.  :P

jockreynolds

[/quote]

So true Jock, nothing worthwhile comes easy, you need to put in the effort. Whats the saying "You reap what you sew".

Thankfully Ive got JROO8, Sid, Torps, Shorty, Jayman, My Chumps, tabs, nichsa, quinny, Ringo, colli, roo boys and more.  :P
[/quote]

lol great stuff!!

nostradamus

Welcome to ff jock, l had a quick look at your site mate......very impressive

Ringo

Welcome Jock as well - I currently have 14 rookies in my team as well. Think with 30 trades this year you will need to start with between 12 - 15 if you are to get a prem team.

Jroo

Quote from: Grazz on December 20, 2012, 10:33:41 PM
Quote from: jock reynolds on December 20, 2012, 10:11:12 PM
Quote from: jock reynolds on December 20, 2012, 09:55:08 PM

Your more than welcome mate, nice to have another internet celebrity among us, hope your made to feel very welcome and enjoy the experience. m0nty does do an outstanding job but the heart of the site is the people in it. Thought i knew a bit about footy but a lot of the guys here are just incredible with the depths they go to with their research. I may be dumb but i can lift heavy things lol.

Cheers Grazz! And welcome Jock, enjoyed your podcasts and your SC articles and reading through your Jock's locks was really helpful, convinced me to start the year with Priddis  8)
Remember you talking up the Berger at the start if the year and I had him in my team until I heard about the achilles rumours. Is an absolute lock next year
With the new rules I will probably try and pick some more mid pricers next year as we have 30 trades. Had Hanley, Sidebottom, Sloane and Lake as mid pricers this year and finished in the top 500, so I guess you need to take risks 8)

jockreynolds

Quote from: nostradamus on December 20, 2012, 10:42:26 PM
Welcome to ff jock, l had a quick look at your site mate......very impressive

Cheers nostradamus! Very kind words mate and I appreciate that... now a quick question mate... I know that you are a man of significant pre cognitive abilities... does the Mayan prediction of the end to the world hold any away with you mate?

pavs nose

13 for me at this early stage Jock. I'm sure the amount of times that changes between now and round one will reach triple figures.

The only line im finding really tough this year is the backline. Not confident in many of the rooks there but there are some oldies who will get regular games like mitch brown of west coke and staker. both 50-60 aves at best though...