Adelaide profiles of fantasy relevant players in 2013

Started by tbagrocks, December 20, 2012, 08:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

theta

hey tbag.

you seem fairly confident both crouch and brown will enter into the crows best 22....just wondering who you think they be replacing.

chrs in advance.

CrowsFan

Michael Doughty for one. And possibly Mackay as the other

tbagrocks

Let's have a look, my Round one 22

Back: Brown, Talia, Rutten                       yep, Luke Brown replaces Doughty who retired
           Reilly, Shaw, Smith

Mids: Jacobs, Thompson, Dangerfield
           Wright, Sloane, Vince

Fwds: Porplyzia, Walker, Petrenko
           Henderson, Jenkins, Callinan

Bench: Douglas, Mackay, Crouch, Van Berlo                          Last year young Riley and Lyons got games, but they won't
                                                                                             play before Crouch. Otten, Jaench, Martin and McKernan are next
Missing: Johncock, Lynch, Otten, McKernan, Jaensch, Martin,      Huge depth at Adelaide ;)

These guys should get games firts, then

Young Mids: Kerridge, Riley, Lyons, Grigg,

+ Laird, L Thompson, Johnston, Tambling, Graham

Not to mention, Ellis-Yolman, Joyce, Atkins, Hartigan, Siggins

theta

chrs tb.

Why do you have such big wraps on Brown?  What makes him so good? 

Why do you put him ahead of Johncock/Otten/Jaench?

tbagrocks

Luke Brown was pre-listed to GWS after a great year as an 18yr old for Norwood, then Adelaide got him when they traded to get Brad Crouch in that deal, it was considered Luke would have gone very high in that draft (2011 National)

Browny is tough, can stop his opponent, he also finds the ball, highly skilled on both feet and looks like a footballer

Andy just hasn't looked the same since his knee injury, if he does have a solid pre-season he should get a chance, Johncock looks to be on the outer possably to do with attitude, Jaensch would not have the devensive or game reading quilities of Brown

Could also be conceivable that if Andy Otten does impress, Truck Rutten could become liable at FB and lack the pace to play BP, he could even get that spot if the game catches up with Truck, though Truck stopped Pav in the Semi

theta

theta

Why did Johncock's average drop so harshly?  A solid range of 85-100 for 7 years and then 62 in 2012. 

Is it just age after 235 games? A change of role?  A new coach?  Or this 'attitude' issue some have mentioned?

Not much being said about him anywhere.  Is he in the Didak league now?

tbagrocks

Attitude I think mate! Also being used forward more now

Interesting to see if he is in the best 22, sadly I think not

JBs-Hawks

Attitude? It was because of role change and subbed often.

CrowsFan

Yeah was basically because he had his role changed from being a rebound defender to being a small forward. The sub doesn't really change his average, boosts it up to 67, but that's it.

theta

Subbed 3 times including the PF...change of role sounds right to me.

A little surprised he hasnt been mentioned more as being similar to Yarran (in price drop, obviously not age, etc).

Also DPP   :o

Unfortunately shares the round 13 bye with GOD, Gibbs, Yarran, Broughton.

Capper

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on January 05, 2013, 02:44:51 AM
nice write up tbag.... enjoyable read
Thanks tabs, tried not to be bias an call it how I saw it, especially come SANLF lol ::)

Truth is there is just so much talant! Two years ago Neil Craig said it was the most talanted group he'd seen at Adleaide, we've since added Brad Crouch, Rory Laird, JJ (Jenkins) Luke Brown, Mitch Grigg, Sam Kerriddge, Tommy Lynch, sheesh i'm getting excited by my own writing :P

T Dog

Toga

How likely is it do you think that Laird will get games Tbag? I need a backman that's below 110K :P