Calling all Forumers whove been to the USA/Canada

Started by KoopKicka, December 20, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Flying out of Adelaide in 6 days. Dad has asked us to research stuff to do in the following locations.

Vancouver
Banff
Annaheim
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Yoesmite
San Fransisco

Ones confirmed: Snow, NHL game in Annaheim, Alcatraz, m&m factory, Ontario Mills, Grand Canyon, NBA game somewhere, DisneyLand Universal Studios

Cheers guys.

valkorum

If you are in to music then the Sunset Strip in LA is cool, dont forget the Hollywood Walk in LA as well

Nige

Univesal Studios and Disneyland surely? :P Hollywood Walk like valk said is also good.

Tominator

Nige

KoopKicka

Quote from: NigeyS on December 20, 2012, 02:40:37 PM
Univesal Studios and Disneyland surely? :P Hollywood Walk like valk said is also good.

Woops :p

SydneyRox

We drove from San Fran down the coast to LA and then onto Vegas and the canyon.

It is a awesome way too see the US (via car)

San Fran has some of the best things to see, Alcatraz, Mexican quarter, bay area, fishermans wharf - make sure you try the crab chowder in the soar dough bowl!!
We were non-plussed on LA, did all the normal stuff
Vegas was awesome, wanted more time to visit all the hotels to see what they offer, each one is an experience in itself, if you like Golf I played a round at the Bali Hai Golf Course - AMASING!

http://www.balihaigolfclub.com/course/photo-gallery/

In order the places we visited best to worst - San Fran, Vegas, Canyon, San Diageo, LA

Grazz

SydneyRox

Quote from: Grazz on December 20, 2012, 04:22:28 PM
That is a beautiful course Syd. :o

Really is special. Best thing was by that stage of our trip it was on company money, so we didn't have to cough up for anything!

Ringo

If you are going in the next couple of months Yosemite may be off limits due to the snow.

San Francisco was my favourite one - If into timber and tall trees a visit to Muirwoods out of SanFrancisco is well worth it and do Saualito on the way back. Fishermans Wharf is a must including rides on cable car and as has been siad you have to try the Clam, Crab or seafood chowder.  Wax Musuem on Fishermans wharf is well worth the money.

As has been siad previously LA is over rated once you do Disneyland, Universal Studios and The Hollywood walk of fame.

Nails

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 20, 2012, 02:22:31 PM
Flying out of Adelaide in 6 days. Dad has asked us to research stuff to do in the following locations.

Vancouver
Banff
Annaheim
Los Angeles
Las Vegas
Yoesmite
San Fransisco

Ones confirmed: Snow, NHL game in Annaheim, Alcatraz, m&m factory, Ontario Mills, Grand Canyon, NBA game somewhere, DisneyLand Universal Studios

Cheers guys.

The NHL isn't even running atm and to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if it never runs again. You could witness the VFL equivalent though for Ice Hockey...

Flying out from Adelaide... provided it's to anywhere but a 3rd world country I'd make sure you didn't get a return ticket.

SydneyRox

Quote from: Nails on December 20, 2012, 05:16:57 PM
Quote from: KoopKicka on December 20, 2012, 02:22:31 PM

Flying out from Adelaide... provided it's to anywhere but a 3rd world country I'd make sure you didn't get a return ticket.

Bazinga!

Tominator

I'm going there next year too, will keep an eye on this thread   ::)

Grazz

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 20, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

Really is special. Best thing was by that stage of our trip it was on company money, so we didn't have to cough up for anything!

Sweeeet.  :)

pyronerd

Quote from: Grazz on December 20, 2012, 07:08:30 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on December 20, 2012, 04:26:42 PM

Sweeeet.  :)
amazing looking golf course :o I know where I want to go for a holiday :p