Varcoe Looking Sharp (Impressing At Training Camp-Update)

Started by Windigo, December 19, 2012, 10:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Grazz on December 29, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
Had a drink with Travis today at my local watering hole. Hes super fit and ready to go. Expects to be playing a few roles this season including running off the half back line.Told him i have him sitting in my Fwd line at the minute and i need big things from him lol. He's a great lad and was good to catch up with him after a few years, my eldest was with us who was Trav's Cpt going back a few years and they enjoyed seeing each other again. Think i'll take a punt on him unless Knights is flying through the NAB cup.
Cheer for the info Grazz!
I think he is well liked at the Cats and they want him to succeed. Will play as many games as his body allows, more than a rookie.
Like the idea of an attacking defender running through the middle of the ground over someone stuck inside forward 50.
Can't wait for Nab.

Grazz

Quote from: Bones Bombers on December 29, 2012, 05:27:56 PM
Had a drink with Travis today at my local watering hole. Hes super fit and ready to go. Expects to be playing a few roles this season including running off the half back line.Told him i have him sitting in my Fwd line at the minute and i need big things from him lol. He's a great lad and was good to catch up with him after a few years, my eldest was with us who was Trav's Cpt going back a few years and they enjoyed seeing each other again. Think i'll take a punt on him unless Knights is flying through the NAB cup.
Cheer for the info Grazz!
I think he is well liked at the Cats and they want him to succeed. Will play as many games as his body allows, more than a rookie.
Like the idea of an attacking defender running through the middle of the ground over someone stuck inside forward 50.
Can't wait for Nab.

No worries mate his brother is fit and ready to go for the 1st time in a long time and is hoping to play a few this year. Vardy is traveling ok and Trav reckons he's a gun, with Hamish there for 2013 the mid field is pretty excited about their chances for next season. The one thing they missed last year was a competative ruckmen he said. Cant argue with that they did.

Windigo

Yep, been locked in at M6 since Team Picker opened.  ;)

Football Factory

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Im still thinking Knights, NAB Cup is going to be a very busy time of the year for me  8)

He does seem like a top bloke Grazz but i need 80+ out of him you think he can do it ?

Grazz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 29, 2012, 08:56:55 PM

Im still thinking Knights, NAB Cup is going to be a very busy time of the year for me  8)

He does seem like a top bloke Grazz but i need 80+ out of him you think he can do it ?

Tbh i dont know FF, i like you am hoping for about 80ish myself. Knights is the other im looking at and the decision will come down to NAB cup form and output, i'll be leaving it entirely up to then mate.

Football Factory

Quote from: Grazz on December 29, 2012, 09:32:06 PM

Tbh i dont know FF, i like you am hoping for about 80ish myself. Knights is the other im looking at and the decision will come down to NAB cup form and output, i'll be leaving it entirely up to then mate.
Still 48 days till the Nab   :(

Grazz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 29, 2012, 09:41:47 PM
Quote from: Grazz on December 29, 2012, 09:32:06 PM

Still 48 days till the Nab   :(

And then a month of Nab Cup mate. Still its critical to us and our rookies aswell as mid pricers so i guess patience is the key.  :(

GM

Nice work Grazz,researching over the xmas period,and even better at the pub.
What will you do if Knights And Varcoe show their good form in the nab?
Which one or both?

tbagrocks

Quote from: greenmoon on December 29, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
Which one or both?
If they both play staring roles in nab I might have both, Varcoe is almost a lock,

I actually don't care much for the nab as it is just a practice, but it could show what and where Varcoe and Knights will be playing, also Watts, Broughton, Monfries and Jacobs

Grazz

Quote from: greenmoon on December 29, 2012, 10:04:41 PM
Which one or both?

Haha you know me mate never stop doing the hard yards and if that means i gotta hit the pub to do it, well i'll take that bullet for the team. It was pure luck tbh as we were there for my Mother and Father inlaws 50th anniversary having lunch and my eldest just happened to wonder into the front bar and the boys were there playing 8 ball with their girlfriends.

As for your question mate i hope both Knights and Trav are flying in the NAB for all our sakes, if it was a dead heat between the two id probably jump on Trav for the dpp benefit. Cant really fit both in at the minute but if both were in good form id have to have another look and shift Trav to the middle if i could get them both in but it would probably mean id have to cut a genuine prem for a riskier option, not liking the sound of that. I really just hope he can get a few seasons going without unlucky injury setbacks so we can all get to see the best of him, the kid can play.

Spanner221

Does this mean kennedy is behind both of these guys?

Driride

Am a cats man but can not come to Varcoe sorry better money else were  :'(

owenbond007

Quote from: Spanner221 on December 29, 2012, 11:43:36 PM

I'm on kennedy atm for my mid-pricer in forward line. Did have varcoe in before set prices came out. Read somebody thinks hell be sub material. Doubt that he will be easily in their best 22 if fit. Not a lot of risk in picking the lad and if he is super fit and remains it his ticking all the right boxes, its just a matter of fitting him in.

Windigo

Andrew

Quote from: owenbond007 on December 30, 2012, 09:48:41 AM
Quote from: Spanner221 on December 29, 2012, 11:43:36 PM

I'm on kennedy atm for my mid-pricer in forward line. Did have varcoe in before set prices came out. Read somebody thinks hell be sub material. Doubt that he will be easily in their best 22 if fit. Not a lot of risk in picking the lad and if he is super fit and remains it his ticking all the right boxes, its just a matter of fitting him in.

Good point about him being possible sub material, but for mine, everything is pointing towards him being in the starting line-up and a rookie player taking the sub vest. I think if Varcoe has a solid NAB Cup, you can pick him without concerns over sub vest. It's just whether he's worth picking or should $20k extra be found to start with Knights instead? I can't fit both in and can only afford Varcoe presently, but not as confident as Windigo!