Varcoe Looking Sharp (Impressing At Training Camp-Update)

Started by Windigo, December 19, 2012, 10:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/young-cat-daniel-menzel-suffers-another-setback-in-his-comeback-from-second-knee-reconstruction/story-e6frf9jf-1226539970560

Tough luck for Menzel.  :(

But, seriously considering Varcoe @ $234,100. Potentially average 80+ with more opportunities.  ???

"Speedster Travis Varcoe rejoined the main group after overcoming his foot issues and looked sharp yesterday."

Toga

Tough luck for the young bloke, hope he can get his footy back on track, has some real talent!

Varcoe is tempting but I'm not sure I'll start with either after all!

Windigo

Yeah, you'd have to be pretty confident he can have an average of over 80+ to select him.  :-\

But we will see, it's good news to see him back fit though.

GM

Andrew

Varcoe only needs to average 70 to be worthwhile. Handy DPP mid-pricer, I'm on!

RiOtChEsS

61, 62, 75, and 65avg in his 4 healthy years... im struggling to believe :-\

Adamant

I was 50/50 on Varcoe when he was 160k, but at 234... he's no chance for me.

Mr.Craig

Menzel should still be right for the NAB and Round 1. It's just a lack of conditioning that might result in some early low scores that is the main concern for me.

Football Factory

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on December 19, 2012, 04:05:19 PM
I was 50/50 on Varcoe when he was 160k, but at 234... he's no chance for me.

same for me :/

underdog11

No way! Sub potential, no guarnteed spot, much preffer Knights

Windigo

I'll see how he goes over NAB, but there is potential there.

Andrew

Lack of other forward line candidates lean me towards the mid-pricer... Troy Menzel is the other candidate for his position if I want to save some coin, but when you're thinking about sub candidates, rookies are the worst and surely Carlton will have better luck with injuries. I'll take a decently priced mid-pricer with better job security, even if they only go up 50k.

Driride

Not sold on Varcoe sorry , was on Menzel at a cheaper price but not at his new price either

Grazz

Had a drink with Travis today at my local watering hole. Hes super fit and ready to go. Expects to be playing a few roles this season including running off the half back line.Told him i have him sitting in my Fwd line at the minute and i need big things from him lol. He's a great lad and was good to catch up with him after a few years, my eldest was with us who was Trav's Cpt going back a few years and they enjoyed seeing each other again. Think i'll take a punt on him unless Knights is flying through the NAB cup.