Varcoe Looking Sharp (Impressing At Training Camp-Update)

Started by Windigo, December 19, 2012, 10:25:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windigo

Haha, he is locked. But remember, I don't have a good track record pumping up players. Gray & Golby.

Redden though.  8)

Andrew

Quote from: Windigo on January 03, 2013, 10:10:10 PM
Haha, he is locked. But remember, I don't have a good track record pumping up players. Gray & Golby.

Redden though.  8)

Can't blame yourself for a broken leg with Gray..! But yeah Varcoe is definitely an interesting proposition and dual-position helps massively, particularly when he would be my only non-premium dual position forward. They're the ones you want to swap around, really.

Adamant

I'd rather go Knights over Travis. At least we know that Knights has averaged 80+ for a few years.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Adamant on January 07, 2013, 04:21:58 AM
I'd rather go Knights over Travis. At least we know that Knights has averaged 80+ for a few years.

not sure about Knights JS though think Varcoe if fit has better JS

Grazz

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 08, 2013, 12:59:01 AM

At the minute id have to agree with you KB but i also think Knights will cement a spot through the Nab Cup, this is what im hoping will happen. ???

Adamant

Quote from: Grazz on January 08, 2013, 01:03:13 AM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 08, 2013, 12:59:01 AM

At the minute id have to agree with you KB but i also think Knights will cement a spot through the Nab Cup, this is what im hoping will happen. ???

For the record, I actually have Varcoe in my team atm (due to lack of cash). But Im seriously considering both and NAB form will be the decider.

essendon2

Quote from: Andrew on January 03, 2013, 10:08:37 PM
Quote from: owenbond007 on December 30, 2012, 09:48:41 AM
Quote from: Spanner221 on December 29, 2012, 11:43:36 PM
Does this mean kennedy is behind both of these guys?

I'm on kennedy atm for my mid-pricer in forward line. Did have varcoe in before set prices came out. Read somebody thinks hell be sub material. Doubt that he will be easily in their best 22 if fit. Not a lot of risk in picking the lad and if he is super fit and remains it his ticking all the right boxes, its just a matter of fitting him in.

Good point about him being possible sub material, but for mine, everything is pointing towards him being in the starting line-up and a rookie player taking the sub vest. I think if Varcoe has a solid NAB Cup, you can pick him without concerns over sub vest. It's just whether he's worth picking or should $20k extra be found to start with Knights instead? I can't fit both in and can only afford Varcoe presently, but not as confident as Windigo!
Knights is too much of a risk.... I'd take Kennedy instead - but that's just IMO

Windigo

Adamant

Quote from: Windigo on January 08, 2013, 12:47:38 PM
Bit of a back flip there Adamant.  :P

Haha, I would much prefer Knights over Varcoe, but after playing around with my team, I unfortunately fell 17k short of him. :(

Varcoe is in for now.

Windigo

Haha, fair enough.  :P

I just think that Varcoe has so much upside over a rookie if he is fit.

Barra17

I have Varcoe and Knights in my team. Have Varcoe in the mids to swap around with DPP.

Justin Bieber

Toga

What does everyone think Varcoe will average this year? ???

Ricochet

i think he can push 85. Has missed a looot of footy tho

Chelskiman

If Knights stays fit I reckon he will average more than Varcoe.  I was rolling with Knights but then ended up tweaking my side and got Embley in instead.