Big Setanta $157k R/F

Started by Scrads, December 18, 2012, 09:13:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Is he worth the extra $$ from a rookie to be a nice little link man between the forwards and rucks ?

Will consider if it looks like he will get games :o

Football Factory

:o  You would need a big sack to go Setanta

Toga

m1tch robo

Surely not

Setanta will average less than most rookies and his job security is poor.

nostradamus

Quote from: m1tch robo on December 18, 2012, 10:07:18 PM
Surely not

Setanta will average less than most rookies and his job security is poor.

if he's fit it wouldnt surprise me if he played most games

Noz

Manbearpig

Santa is my smokey for 2013. I think he can average 60+ which is better than most rookie rucks.

Ziplock

yeah, he'll play as the third tall- giants will be careful with patton and cameron as well, he'll definitely be playing whenever they're getting rested.

I'm considering him.

Andrew

With Joel Hamling as a back instead of a cheap R/F, I'm going with O'hAilpin for now. If injuries get bad again this season, he could be handy emergency cover.

Toga

what about sammy rowe as a R/F... if he's over his medical issues, he could get games given the lack of big men in the blues forward line? Plus he's cheaper than Setanta ;)

jobe#4

I'd probably consider laycock before him

Andrew

Quote from: Toga on December 19, 2012, 10:23:07 AM
what about sammy rowe as a R/F... if he's over his medical issues, he could get games given the lack of big men in the blues forward line? Plus he's cheaper than Setanta ;)

If named round 1 I would consider that, but Setanta seems like a safe bet to play a lot of games and at least average 50 which is great backup for a DPP ruck and potential to rise $100k in price. I guess my 3rd ruck position is between Vardy, Setanta, and Rowe.