7 (8.2%)
Ablett only
34 (40%)
Swan only
8 (9.4%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Windigo

Quote from: Toga on December 19, 2012, 10:45:31 AM
I just don't know how I could fit both of them in... I've chucked together a team (with GAJ only) and can't see how I would be able to fit Swanny in without:

a) Starting 3 rookie backs
b) Starting 4 rookie mids
c) Starting 2-3 rookie forwards

It basically means I'm gonna have to cut the mid-pricers outta my forward line or cut a premium out of my defence... Is it worth it? ???

I did some re jigging just now and now have got Swan &GAJ in.

Starting 2 rookies in mids, 2 in backs & one forward. If you count Staker or Maccaffer as rookies.  :P

Holz

trying soo hard to upgrade redden to him.

Strugling to find the cash

Gibbs Goddard Broughton Grimes lcoked down back and Thomas Martin SJ Rocky locked up front the rest are rookie. Just cant see where the money can come from.

Toga

Which would you prefer 8)

Option 1:
          Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Broughton, Goodes, Terlich (Docherty, Colquhon)
          Mids: Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Fyfe, Wines, O'Meara, Lonergan (Viney, Hunter)

Option 2:
          Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Goodes, Terlich, Vlastuin (Docherty, Colquhon)
          Mids: Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Wines, O'Meara, Lonergan (Viney, Hunter)

Tbh I think Option 1 looks a lot nicer :-\

Holz

Quote from: Toga on December 19, 2012, 11:19:08 AM

Option 1:
          Mids: Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Fyfe, Wines, O'Meara, Lonergan (Viney, Hunter)

Option 2:
          Mids: Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Pendles, Murphy, Wines, O'Meara, Lonergan (Viney, Hunter)

Option 1 and thats basically my team except i have redden over fyfe.

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on December 19, 2012, 11:22:02 AM

Option 1:

Option 2:

Yeah that's what I think, i'll be losing far too much to get swan in :'(

Holz

Quote from: Toga on December 19, 2012, 11:25:31 AM
Quote from: Holzman on December 19, 2012, 11:22:02 AM

Option 1:

Option 2:

Yeah that's what I think, i'll be losing far too much to get swan in :'(

Broughon 90 Fyfe 105 or Swan 130 Vlaustin 70

actually by that im thinking Swan. depedns really how you rate each player.

Toga

I'm a bit worried Vlas won't have good JS until Newy retires though... Hard choice!

Anyways sorry for hijacking the thread, I'll have a think about it! :)

Holz

I got Swanny in the team.

For me its Cotchin + Redden/Stanton of Swan + Mundy/Fyfe

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on December 19, 2012, 11:48:14 AM
I got Swanny in the team.

For me its Cotchin + Redden/Stanton of Swan + Mundy/Fyfe

tbh i reckon fyfe will go 105+ this year so wouldn't be too bad an option imo

Ajax22

Remember to add the bonus captain points from Swan as well there. I always feel that my team feels so much better with Ablett and Swan. I would only consider dropping one if I was confident someone like Pendles, Cotchin of even Stanton could step up to fill the captains role if an injury was to strike the marquee player

Holz

Quote from: Ajax22 on December 19, 2012, 01:00:58 PM
Remember to add the bonus captain points from Swan as well there. I always feel that my team feels so much better with Ablett and Swan. I would only consider dropping one if I was confident someone like Pendles, Cotchin of even Stanton could step up to fill the captains role if an injury was to strike the marquee player

yeah thats exactly why you need 1. I like going both just so you can pick the best one between the two. My rule is i chose however between the two calvin rates higher.

Doing that last year got me a 135 captain average. Have decided on goign 2 for that reason.

tbagrocks

Assuming the two greats won't match their 012 averages early, then they could drop well inder 600k hopefully

I also believe their roles could change, often Swan was left forward in last quarters in 012

so... I'm trying to come up with a plan to get them once they drop nicely

How about starting with say the likes of, Fyfe, Wallis, Ball, Embly, Ziebell etc and...
Wait for them to rise nicely then up-grade to the dropping Swabblett?

Could also have Bock, Varcoe, Knights etc to make the money quick and early

Does that sound silly, remember 30 trades now!

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 19, 2012, 06:11:03 PM
Assuming the two greats won't match their 012 averages early, then they could drop well inder 600k hopefully

I also believe their roles could change, often Swan was left forward in last quarters in 012

How about starting with say the likes of, Fyfe, Wallis, Ball, Embly, Ziebell etc and...

I don't think people are worried about how much they will drop in price... but if you start with neither, you will be way down the rankings when most people have them as captain pumping out 150+. Imagine lining up against someone with Swan and GAJ, and you have one or neither... scary thought.

GM

Quote from: Adamant on December 19, 2012, 07:03:50 PM

I don't think people are worried about how much they will drop in price... but if you start with neither, you will be way down the rankings when most people have them as captain pumping out 150+. Imagine lining up against someone with Swan and GAJ, and you have one or neither... scary thought.
++1

Toga

I think I'll be starting with Fyfey tbag, and definitely looking at that strategy! Ablett's locked in, I just have to decide whether I start Swan or do as you say and try do that early upgrade... I think it could definitely be pulled off.

Also, people saying that it's good to have those two captain's options week in week out, what about Pendles? He's locked in my side and remembering back to 2011 he was a popular captain's choice frequently talked about by Calvin and co.