Main Menu

BIG FOOTY RED CARDS

Started by theta, December 18, 2012, 12:06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theta

Lol - I just got red carded on Big Footy for saying a post was 'stupid' (the poster was tormenting another about Ablett leaving for money).  Big Footy has always been pretty poor due to trolling and crap rumours, but it has really gone down hilll since the end of season.

Justin Bieber

Only really used it to talk about non afl rested news. Never gotten in trouble before... Lol

kilbluff1985

what has this got to do with the AFL? ::) :o

theta

The sub forum says "For anything football-related that doesn't fit anywhere else."

kilbluff1985

Fair point but "The Front Bar" forum is probably where i would have put it

tbagrocks

Yeah lol, Red cards from other web sites really doesn't come under "other football related topics" Front bar yep ;)

Maybe the idiot Demetriou could add red cards though, would you really give our umpires the power to send guys off if they can't get a holding the ball/holding the man rules right :-[

theta

My bad, will do next time then, chrs.

Ziplock

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 18, 2012, 03:57:49 AM
Yeah lol, Red cards from other web sites really doesn't come under "other football related topics" Front bar yep ;)

Maybe the idiot Demetriou could add red cards though, would you really give our umpires the power to send guys off if they can't get a holding the ball/holding the man rules right :-[
... it'd be more like if you punched someone... in actual game play you'd need a stupidly dangerous tackle to actually red card someone. They have them in younger years of footy dont they?

moot point though- they wont be introduced :P

quinny88

Quote from: Ziplock on December 19, 2012, 03:46:30 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 18, 2012, 03:57:49 AM

... it'd be more like if you punched someone... in actual game play you'd need a stupidly dangerous tackle to actually red card someone. They have them in younger years of footy dont they?

moot point though- they wont be introduced :P

Yeah they have them in most senior football as well. I guess local footy is more susceptible to big blue's and hits.
I wouldn't want to see red cards in AFL, although it is frustrating when someone from the opposition does something dirty to one of your players and its the team that they play the week after that will benefit from it.
I.e Lloyd running through Sewell in the last round of 2009, Hawthorn are left a man down because of a dog act and its Adelaide who sat back and reaped the rewards not having to worry about Lloyd playing the next week