Beams and pendlebury saga

Started by starz, December 15, 2012, 11:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Quote from: mezzoculo on December 16, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
Below are '12 averages for both players. R1 excl as Beams missed. R10 is excluded to omit Pendles' injury affected score and R11 to R15 is the time he was recovering.

Averages ----  R2 - R9  ----  R11 - R15  ----  R16 - R23
Pendles           117                0 (inj)                113
Beams            108                 116                   127

Pendles was scoring pretty well prior to his injury and didn't seem to return to the same levels in the second half of the season. His R16 - R23 scores includes an 11 tackle 142 against the Hawks in R17 plus only 1 other 120+ score (129 v WC in R22). It seems that he never fully recovered from his leg injury.

Beams, OTOH, started well and just kept improving, managing an amazing 127 average over the final portion of the season. His scoring wasn't negatively affected by either Pendles' loss or his return.

So... from this I'd say that Pendles is the better value for money when selecting a starting Pie as he could potentially get back to his '11 form - remembering that he was the third most expensive player at the start of the '12 season.

Coming off his 127 average at the back end of the season, Beams is fully priced and therefore offers less value in a starting line-up. Personally, I see him as a great upgrade target once if he has a flat couple of weeks.
Probably have to agree with this .. really didnt want to have to wait before getting Beams again, he screwed me over many times without him last year.

T Dog

If undecided perhaps look at best mcg performer of the 2. !4 games or so there next year

youl_R_FCK

had beams all year and was one of the main reasons finishing in the top 1000, but for some reason I just think pendles and a bit worried about beams doing it two years in a row happens a lot

Holz

For me its pendles is the lock than the choice comes down to swan it beams. For me I'm not convinvmced by beams yet if he kills it upgrade. Pendles is way too good value not to pick him. A top 8 player who will go up in price you can't pass that up.

Adamant

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2012, 06:53:08 PM
For me its pendles is the lock than the choice comes down to swan it beams. For me I'm not convinvmced by beams yet if he kills it upgrade. Pendles is way too good value not to pick him. A top 8 player who will go up in price you can't pass that up.

+1

Just like Murphy, an underpriced top 8 mid... although Pendles will finish top 4 quite easily.

ossie85

Quote from: Holzman on December 16, 2012, 06:53:08 PM

Nicely said..

If Pendles hadn't broken his leg last year....

S_Coach99

Add Swan and that's a recipe for a headache!

Toga

pendles for mine, nicely underpriced and i guess more proven than beams at this stage of affairs. will certainly look to upgrade to beams later in the season though!

Barra17

I personally think Beams will be the #1 player next year. Will definitely have to get him one way or another.

shaker

Both great scoring players  but just think pendles will have a better year than last.