Beams and pendlebury saga

Started by starz, December 15, 2012, 11:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starz

I see swan as an absolute lock. However beams and pendlebury I think are both still very good buys. Do you think you can fit all three plus gaz.
If you had to pick one which would you choose.
Cheers

Adamant

Pendles!

He had a poor year by his standards, yet still managed a 110 average. He is underpriced, and will easily push 115-120ish... cant see why you wouldn't lock him in. Also 30k cheaper than Beams. ;)

jimmytigs

im only going with 1 of the 3 & thats pendles,i think like murphy has sailed past judd the time has come that pendles has passed swanny,im leaving beams out because im sadding up over his loss of dpp status,so thats an easy omission on principal.Also of the 3 beams is more prone to injury-but im sure noone will do too much wrong with any of the 3 of them or even 2 as long as they are wise with their other 8 mids.

kilbluff1985

think Pendles is better for SC really out of the rest for DT has to be GAJ if he is 100% for round 1

Master Q

I'd go Pendles over Beams... Not sure if I'll take either though  :P

Jukes

Beams will average more. The choice is obvious.

I'm not going any of the three however. Swan costs far too much, can't see Pendles scoring 113+ so rate Stants and Murph ahead of him as both have much more room to improve and have a good chance at averaging more, and I rate Ablett ahead of Beams.

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on December 16, 2012, 01:27:13 AM

I'm not going any of the three however. Swan costs far too much, can't see Pendles scoring 113+ so rate Stants and Murph ahead of him as both have much more room to improve and have a good chance at averaging more, and I rate Ablett ahead of Beams.

Pendles averaged 116.6 in 2011?

ossie85

Quote from: Jukes on December 16, 2012, 01:27:13 AM

I don't think this is a sure thing, I'd say unlikely. Pendles has been a superstar for years, no reason to think he won't be next year....

Football Factory

This is a choice im struggling with at the moment .. i didnt have Beams for a while last year and he was killing it, every game i watched he was all over the place .. couldnt get him in quick enough. If he plays up forward a little more with Ball back will that effect him ? im not so sure i think he will just kick more goals the guy is a freak. Im gonna struggle with this decision all year. Pendles is cheaper yes but its only 30k

ossie85

I think we can agree Pendles is a better player in real life? When in doubt, chose the better real player

mezzoculo

Below are '12 averages for both players. R1 excl as Beams missed. R10 is excluded to omit Pendles' injury affected score and R11 to R15 is the time he was recovering.

Averages ----  R2 - R9  ----  R11 - R15  ----  R16 - R23
Pendles           117                0 (inj)                113
Beams            108                 116                   127

Pendles was scoring pretty well prior to his injury and didn't seem to return to the same levels in the second half of the season. His R16 - R23 scores includes an 11 tackle 142 against the Hawks in R17 plus only 1 other 120+ score (129 v WC in R22). It seems that he never fully recovered from his leg injury.

Beams, OTOH, started well and just kept improving, managing an amazing 127 average over the final portion of the season. His scoring wasn't negatively affected by either Pendles' loss or his return.

So... from this I'd say that Pendles is the better value for money when selecting a starting Pie as he could potentially get back to his '11 form - remembering that he was the third most expensive player at the start of the '12 season.

Coming off his 127 average at the back end of the season, Beams is fully priced and therefore offers less value in a starting line-up. Personally, I see him as a great upgrade target once if he has a flat couple of weeks.

Grazz

Quote from: mezzoculo on December 16, 2012, 02:36:32 PM
Below are '12 averages for both players. R1 excl as Beams missed. R10 is excluded to omit Pendles' injury affected score and R11 to R15 is the time he was recovering.

Pendles was scoring pretty well prior to his injury and didn't seem to return to the same levels in the second half of the season. His R16 - R23 scores includes an 11 tackle 142 against the Hawks in R17 plus only 1 other 120+ score (129 v WC in R22). It seems that he never fully recovered from his leg injury.

Beams, OTOH, started well and just kept improving, managing an amazing 127 average over the final portion of the season. His scoring wasn't negatively affected by either Pendles' loss or his return.

So... from this I'd say that Pendles is the better value for money when selecting a starting Pie as he could potentially get back to his '11 form - remembering that he was the third most expensive player at the start of the '12 season.

Coming off his 127 average at the back end of the season, Beams is fully priced and therefore offers less value in a starting line-up. Personally, I see him as a great upgrade target once if he has a flat couple of weeks.

Brilliant, love your work mate. Couldnt of been translated better. Personally if i havent got Gaj, Swan, Pendles and Beams bar unforseen circumstances by seasons end then i will of probably screwed up.

GM

Pendles locked with Beams to be included after the rd 13 bye if his 2012 form continues.

elephants

Quote from: mezzoculo on December 16, 2012, 02:36:32 PM

Awesome work man, very impressive!

I have to agree, Pendles is the way to go here with Beams as a potential upgrade target.

Football Factory

Quote from: ossie85 on December 16, 2012, 02:24:00 PM

I think we can agree Pendles is a better player in real life? When in doubt, chose the better real player
At the moment you can say Pendles is a better midfielder(player).. Beams is a ball magnet and kicks goals tho .. Pendles is a better real life player but who's the better dreamteamer ?  thats the problem