Best Bye Strategy

Started by mdub, December 15, 2012, 10:54:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mdub

Just wondering how everyone is going to handle the byes in 2013 season?

kilbluff1985

something along the lines of 10/10/10 is popular or as close to that as you can get

timmyparso

Best bye strategy is to ignore it for your round 1 team, you could try a work out a team that you can switch around the DDP's but you will likely sacrafic 5-10% of your score in the early rounds and chances are you will lose some link players to injury/form/suspension and trade them out before the byes anyway.

Choose the best team you can for round 1 to start with (including some DDP's for flexibility), see who your opponents are for the bye rounds and use your trades wisely to make sure your team is better than your opponent.

No need to sacrifice choosing a "not quite premium" in place of a gun premium because of the team they play for.

Just remember that no one has a Mid field in round 13, or has Cotchin standing alone.

ossie85

I agree very much for timmyparso, pick the best team and go from there

Football Factory

Agree with other comments .. im leaning towards more round 13 premo's same as last year. I like the idea of starting with Ball and Embley midpricers, Embley can be turned into a round 11 premo in round 12 and Ball can be turned into a round 11/12 premo in round 13. My team will score higher rounds 11 and 12 but if in a strong position with plenty of trades come round 13 a sideways trade of round 13 premos might not be such a bad idea.

Jukes

I'm not going to give a shower about byes. Went it comes I'll deal with it. If you strive to achieve 10/10/10 you'll probably flower up your team. Just make sure you haven't got 20 r13 players and you'll be right.

Holz

im not going to worry about it but im super tempted to trade one of my round 13 pemo mids to a rocky or boyd as im not going without a captain the move could make me 50-100 points and thats worth a trade.

nrich102

I'm just going to get stuffed in the bye rounds

Toga

isn't it a 'best 18' system now? ???

mdub

awesome advice. stfu byes!!!

Football Factory

Quote from: Toga on December 15, 2012, 08:26:14 PM
isn't it a 'best 18' system now? ???
Yes but your structure will determine what you score during the bye rounds .. if half of your 18 players are benchies your not going to score very well

Windigo

I'll think about it in the near future.   :P

jimmytigs

im with the majority i think pay them no heed.However with the extra 6 trades its a lock that i will use 6-9 over those 3 rounds,have to think the team will be set nicely for 1 of them anyway then use 3 trades for the other 2 rounds.Personally i did sensationally over the bye rounds in 2012.The key is setting up your team for rd 1,that will take care of most of the headaches alone.Only the clowns who choose callum papertalks & other such superstars in their teams round 1 will suffer badly.

Dave085

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,66227.msg857533.html#msg857533

I know this year is different but just something to keep in mind from last year...

shaker

It also depends if your opponents have worried about them . I did and won all three , it turned my season around improved my ranking and set me up for the best year I have ever had . even with 18 best scores I will be looking at it very close.