Midfield dilemas

Started by shaker, December 14, 2012, 11:57:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shaker

With 8 midfielders next year I would like to know your thoughts on stacking the midfield.

Justin Bieber

I thought with the talent, maybe go even less?

shaker

I thought this year with no new teams a lot of the new picks may not play many games

kilbluff1985

3 premos an up and coming mid like Greene then Ball and or Embley

hould be good enough

shaker

I'm talking 6 premos plus mid plus ball .

kilbluff1985

Quote from: shaker on December 15, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

i don't like that idea there are heaps more mid rookies likely to get games opposed to rookie fwds/backs not only that rookie mids make you more cash quicker

shaker

I know what you are saying I've been told , but I want to be in contention for overall , and I  can still fit 3 premos in my back and forward lines  , there are alot of mature players that are very cheap to fill the other positions and  then look at the new young players ?

Mr.Craig

I played around with an 8 premium midfield and it only had a projected total 26 points higher than my 4 premo/1 mid pricer team. I'm sure people will be tempted to stack their mids but in the end you're just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

kilbluff1985

i'm going for overall to

another reason i don't like stacking the mids is you don't know which of them are going to have good seasons if you have to upgrade a few you can get guys in good form or for cheaper then they were at the start of the year

there are many pro's and cons i went 5 premos at the start last season GAJ, Pendles, Watson, Murphy , Thompson i call it the real madrid strategy whilst it did work well there were mid rookies i wished i could get but did not have the room

picker_man

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 15, 2012, 12:30:55 AM
Quote from: shaker on December 15, 2012, 12:27:53 AM

i don't like that idea there are heaps more mid rookies likely to get games opposed to rookie fwds/backs not only that rookie mids make you more cash quicker

I like it. I think there are enough back/fwd rookies and midpricers to cover the extra spots having a premium midfield would leave, a rookie back/fwd will score closer to a premium in the same position compared to one in the midfield imo.

Also due to the extra cash you need early to upgrade a rookie mid to premium compared to other positions, means im going this stratery 8) Prolly made up of my XV's mids though :P

shaker

Very good replies , I've just not seen any talk of this and I was sure that I was not the only one thinking of it . I still think that  I would rather go into round 1 with mid premos than rather than 1 or 2 extra back or forward premos as from last year, they did throw some very average scores all year . And franklin is in my budget.

shaker

We are on the same page picker- man ,  you think the same as me but it is good to get other peoples thoughts on this matter.

tbagrocks

I actually think guessing the new premo's will win it, getting a guy like Barlow, Danger, Bennell, Trengove, Ward etc...

If you spend the less money on say Danger, Redden and Ward as starters and they fire the 110 ave, you will win the car ;)

People will go the premo/rook method but will finish 100th and not top 10 ;)

Adamant

I'll be going with Swan, Ablett, Pendles as my top 3. An underpriced Murphy at 4, and Mundy as a POD at M5.

Nieso FC

Currently with Fan Planner I have Swan, GAJ, Cotch, Murph, Ball, Embley, Wines, Crouch - O'Meara & Viney

I still have 4 premiums in the back line, 2 in the ruck  and 4 in the forward line excluding LeCras