DPP's For 2013

Started by Grazz, December 13, 2012, 08:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 13, 2012, 11:22:22 PM
Who's the spud responsible for listing Smith as a mid :o

Guys like Sidebum and Bennell had it for at least two years, this guy surely played enough game time forward ???

Is a bit strange as zip said, Treloar Adams and Smith. Not that i saw alot of GWS's games but id of thought Treloar would of spent enough time fwd. Cant comment on Smith and Adams as im really not sure.

Andrew

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on December 13, 2012, 09:51:37 PM
Has Harley Bennell definitely lost his mid/fwd status?  >:(

I'm pretty pissed about this. I know it's early, but he was looking good value priced at 85 as my F3. Now it's not a case of him being DPP, I'd still be keen to add him to my midfield, but not ahead of 4 actual premiums and 2 genuine mid-pricers in that position. He'll do well early because of Gold Coast's easy draw, but looks like I'll be missing out... Back to the drawing board.

nrich102

Good work Grazz.
I think Power has retired though.

Grazz

Quote from: nrich102 on December 14, 2012, 07:39:55 AM
Good work Grazz.
I think Power has retired though.

Thanks mate i had a gut feeling he had hence the question mark, will delete him now.

GM

GM

Grazz

Jroo

Dr.DT told me a few more
Higgins, Krackouer and LeCras forward only
M.Johnson defender only

Grazz

Anyone have any info regarding Higgins and Shermans DPP status.

Quote from: JROO8 on December 14, 2012, 01:52:43 PM
Dr.DT told me a few more
Higgins, Krackouer and LeCras forward only
M.Johnson defender only

Haha good onya JR was just posting asking for info (See above) regarding Higgins etc. Thanks for the other updates also. ;)

Ziplock

Quote from: Grazz on December 13, 2012, 11:27:22 PM

Guys like Sidebum and Bennell had it for at least two years, this guy surely played enough game time forward ???

Is a bit strange as zip said, Treloar Adams and Smith. Not that i saw alot of GWS's games but id of thought Treloar would of spent enough time fwd. Cant comment on Smith and Adams as im really not sure.

the only reason I can think of, would be like if you need like 40% game time in a position to  be eligible for it... then if adams/smith/ treloar were all thrown into the backs occasionally for experience, they might have played like 35% forward, 40% mid, 25% back. Even then though.....

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 14, 2012, 02:02:51 PM

the only reason I can think of, would be like if you need like 40% game time in a position to  be eligible for it... then if adams/smith/ treloar were all thrown into the backs occasionally for experience, they might have played like 35% forward, 40% mid, 25% back. Even then though.....

Agreed zip its the only explanation as the way they do it now using the tracker is pretty ligit so a couple would of just missed by the barest of percentages im feeling.

Toga

Quote from: Grazz on December 14, 2012, 02:06:58 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 14, 2012, 02:02:51 PM

Agreed zip its the only explanation as the way they do it now using the tracker is pretty ligit so a couple would of just missed by the barest of percentages im feeling.

don't they measure it on percentage of where possessions are gained? if so, would it be because these young blokes played up on the flanks and possibly pushed up field, gathering a majority of their possessions in the centre? idk for sure, that's just my guess

Grazz

@Toga, yeh thats part of it i think mate or big chunk of how they do it, but im sure i read somewhere they track a players time in certain parts of the ground to evaluate DPP this year aswell. Hopefully someone else has seen something or can elaborate on it for us.

Toga

Quote from: Grazz on December 14, 2012, 02:32:01 PM
@Toga, yeh thats part of it i think mate or big chunk of how they do it, but im sure i read somewhere they track a players time in certain parts of the ground to evaluate DPP this year aswell. Hopefully someone else has seen something or can elaborate on it for us.

yeah well i guess time spent in the middle and % of possessions in the middle will be pretty correlated... and i think players on the HFF will be more inclined to push further into the middle while the ball is in the opposition team's F50, and with GWS getting pumped some weeks that might have something to do with it... idk really, just guessing lol

Ziplock

that's possible as well...

I'm not entirely sold on the where they get possessions thing though... I mean, a player could spend 60% of their time forward, and only 40% mid, but then get 70% of their possessions in the midfield... doesn't mean they should be named midfield from a fantasy perspective imo- the large chunk of time they spend forward severely impacts their fantasy output, even if they carve up in the midfield, they wont be decent mid scorers due to the amount of time they sit forward.

And it skews it for younger/ lower placed teams as well- like these blokes might be spending large proportions of the game forward, and they are essentially forwards, but since the ball doesnt get to the forward line too often, the occasions when they push into the mids becomes the majority of their possessions.

For instance, at gws, for players who played more than 10 games, treloar was ranked  3rd for average goals, behind cameron and giles, while smith was ranked 5th (behind cameron, giles, treloar and palmer), I mean, the way it is now, our 3rd and 4th highest goal scorers aren't forward eligible :/ And, yeah, these guys are good, young players, but they're not people like jetta who gets the ball midfield and runs and bangs it in, or playing in strong teams like collingwood, where the ball is often in the forward 50 so heaps of mids kick goals, or like top tier midfielders like ablett, cotchin, boyd etc...

you get what I mean?