DPP's For 2013

Started by Grazz, December 13, 2012, 08:17:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Yeh i get it, you explain it well and between you and Toga i think the reasons have been shown well by both of your last posts.
Between the two of you i dont think youve missed anything.

Holz

any more DPP F/R to come, im looking to see what clarke gets. He played up front all year so might be a F only  should be a F/R though, if he gets R only than its a joke.

GM

Quote from: Holzman on December 14, 2012, 03:39:58 PM
any more DPP F/R to come, im looking to see what clarke gets. He played up front all year so might be a F only  should be a F/R though, if he gets R only than its a joke.
From what i have heard there is 1 more ruck/fwd dpp to be revealed.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on December 14, 2012, 02:49:18 PM
that's possible as well...

I'm not entirely sold on the where they get possessions thing though... I mean, a player could spend 60% of their time forward, and only 40% mid, but then get 70% of their possessions in the midfield... doesn't mean they should be named midfield from a fantasy perspective imo- the large chunk of time they spend forward severely impacts their fantasy output, even if they carve up in the midfield, they wont be decent mid scorers due to the amount of time they sit forward.

And it skews it for younger/ lower placed teams as well- like these blokes might be spending large proportions of the game forward, and they are essentially forwards, but since the ball doesnt get to the forward line too often, the occasions when they push into the mids becomes the majority of their possessions.

For instance, at gws, for players who played more than 10 games, treloar was ranked  3rd for average goals, behind cameron and giles, while smith was ranked 5th (behind cameron, giles, treloar and palmer), I mean, the way it is now, our 3rd and 4th highest goal scorers aren't forward eligible :/ And, yeah, these guys are good, young players, but they're not people like jetta who gets the ball midfield and runs and bangs it in, or playing in strong teams like collingwood, where the ball is often in the forward 50 so heaps of mids kick goals, or like top tier midfielders like ablett, cotchin, boyd etc...

you get what I mean?

yeah i completely agree with you zip, that's the only feasible reason i could come up with as to why those blokes have lost DPP (i don't agree with this though)

Justin Bieber

The ball went In the GWS forward line ???

Adamant

Nice work Grazz! Jackson Paine is Def/Fwd according to the Fanplanner.

Grazz

Quote from: Adamant on December 14, 2012, 09:05:17 PM
Nice work Grazz! Jackson Paine is Def/Fwd according to the Fanplanner.

Ok thanks mate.  ;)

Scrads

Quote from: greenmoon on December 14, 2012, 03:42:27 PM
any more DPP F/R to come, im looking to see what clarke gets. He played up front all year so might be a F only should be a F/R though, if he gets R only than its a joke.

Have a sneaky feeling it might be Giles.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Scrads on December 14, 2012, 09:50:52 PM
any more DPP F/R to come, im looking to see what clarke gets. He played up front all year so might be a F only should be a F/R though, if he gets R only than its a joke.

Is it even possible for the GWS to have any forwards ???

Jroo

Quote from: Scrads on December 14, 2012, 09:50:52 PM

I though he may be a chance, but nah it's been confirmed he is a ruckmen only

nostradamus

wasnt there one other d/r apart from Pederson?

.....l thought l read somewhere that Lever was

Justin Bieber

Quote from: nostradamus on December 15, 2012, 01:27:53 PM

They changed him to Ruck only I have heard. Even Sellar lost his DPP...

Grazz

Quote from: nostradamus on December 15, 2012, 01:27:53 PM

Nuh as far as i know and according to Dr DT there is only one. :(

Ziplock

jordan roughead maybe?

or did ddt say there was only 1 specifically?

Grazz

Quote from: Ziplock on December 15, 2012, 01:55:24 PM
jordan roughead maybe?

or did ddt say there was only 1 specifically?

Yeh the question was asked "is there another" and he said "no theres only one."