The next Barlow?

Started by Jroo, December 13, 2012, 06:15:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

They can upgrade him before start of year if his new salary fits under their salary cap

Grazz

Nice work JR, enjoyed that. I have no idea but enjoyed your work. :-\

Jroo

Quote from: Grazz on December 13, 2012, 11:06:19 PM
Cheers Grazz, thought I should of maybe added some pics as they may just be names to some people  :)

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 13, 2012, 11:13:32 PM
Cheers Grazz, thought I should of maybe added some pics as they may just be names to some people  :)
Adding faces to the names might be a good idea, also gives them an idea who they're looking for.

Grazz

Quote from: JROO8 on December 13, 2012, 11:13:32 PM

Im happy with what youve done mate but still a good idea. Hopefully the next Barlow will show up in the Nab rounds, could be one of the guys you spoke of here who knows  :-\ when we will see another like him, be interesting to see if you've named him here, hope for your sake you have that would  be a nice feather in your cap.

SydneyRox

Just to clarify - there will never ever be another Barlow. Except for that spud Palmer he could have come close to winning a brownlow in his first year!!

Mitchell the best of the above for me.

T Dog

Ashton Hams got a big wrap on SEN (Melb radio) yesterday. Not sure of his history or potential but he was mentioned in comparison to Colquhon and whoever is moving from Darwin to West Coast. (missed the name sadly). Were described as key selections in their draft. Not very helpful but just may be worth watching.  :)

CrowsFan

Quote from: SydneyRox on December 14, 2012, 12:52:38 PM
Just to clarify - there will never ever be another Barlow. Except for that spud Palmer he could have come close to winning a brownlow in his first year!!
He had 12 votes from the first 14 rounds. Judd won with 30. Highly unlikely he would have received 18 votes in the final 8 games ;)

SydneyRox

I didn't say he would have won, Judd had 20 votes after round 13 and a ridiculous start to the season (after missing 3)

Barlow though was clearly one of the best performed players up to that point of the season.

Fantasy wise - 10 tonnes in 14 weeks DT/SC is top shelf in anyone's language and unheard of in rookie terms

Adamant

Mitchell is a lock for me if named round 1.

Grazz

Quote from: Adamant on December 15, 2012, 10:50:12 PM
Mitchell is a lock for me if named round 1.

Yeh ditto think he'll be a popular choice if named round 1.

Sent you a PM Adamant.

Ricochet

Mitchell's running ability is nearly unmatched in the WAFL, it will be interesting to see how he goes at AFL level.
Cachia is the one to watch tho

Jroo

Updated with the new prices  :)

theta

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 13, 2012, 09:29:57 PM
Quote from: blewy09 on December 13, 2012, 07:01:38 PM
Osborne doesn't get much of it? was was his scores/or stats in the VFL this season?
Played 16 games, averaged 17.32 disposals (8.61 kicks and 8.61handballs), 2.38 tackles and 59.56 DT points per game, going at 67.9% effective disposals :)
Everything Ive heard says he is a shocking kick, so a no-go for SC....but reading this makes him sound ok.  Isnt 70%+ DE considered elite?  Correct me if Im wrong.

tbagrocks

In Barlow's first year in 2010 he averaged 116, showing kicking ability has less influence than people think, just look at Sucklings DT/SC comparisons, far far closer than you would think