Jay

Holz

Quote from: NigeyS on December 13, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 13, 2012, 04:11:26 PM
Quote from: Jayman on December 13, 2012, 04:05:34 PM
Quote from: MTTY on December 13, 2012, 03:01:44 PM
I'll kick things off by saying:

. Pick atleast One non-playing DPP rookie
Why is this mate? Wouldn't it be better if they were playing?

i thought the same thing but the theory is you can use the non playing rookie to exploit the VC loophole but i still don't like the idea to do this plus it's unlikely all your rookies will be playing anyway

I thought that at first, but what difference would it make for the non-playing rookie to be DPP? As long as they're on your bench and don't play, that's all that matters for the VC loophole right?

not only is there the VC loophole there is the emrgency loophole.

Say you have a non playing R/F on your ruck bench. Bulldogs play Collingwood friday night and you have stringerin your forward line. your worried stringer may not score well so you put him on the bench with emregency. Stringer kills it and scores 96 you flick the R/F into the forward line he doesnt play and you get stringers 96.

LF

Don`t trade in a player based on a couple of good scores i.e Stanton who burned a lot of coaches this season

Holz

dont be afraid to trade rookies after round 2.

I brought in Greene sure it cost me a trade but made me heaps of cash and made lots of points.

Nige

Quote from: Holzman on December 13, 2012, 04:37:18 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 13, 2012, 04:15:26 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 13, 2012, 04:11:26 PM

i thought the same thing but the theory is you can use the non playing rookie to exploit the VC loophole but i still don't like the idea to do this plus it's unlikely all your rookies will be playing anyway

I thought that at first, but what difference would it make for the non-playing rookie to be DPP? As long as they're on your bench and don't play, that's all that matters for the VC loophole right?

not only is there the VC loophole there is the emrgency loophole.

Say you have a non playing R/F on your ruck bench. Bulldogs play Collingwood friday night and you have stringerin your forward line. your worried stringer may not score well so you put him on the bench with emregency. Stringer kills it and scores 96 you flick the R/F into the forward line he doesnt play and you get stringers 96.

Ah okay, that example helped. Cheer Holz.

wharf_army

Watch the pre season games to see who will change position to midfield!!

Spite

Quote from: dmac07 on December 13, 2012, 04:01:16 PM
Don't rely on a premium to drop in price. If you think he will be a top scorer overall, just pay the top dollar for him. A 50k saving is not worth missing ten weeks of good scores waiting for.

Great advice, I suggest this to everyone!

MTTY

Opens up two options with rolling lockout which is the Captain loophole and the emergency loophole.

dmac07

Quote from: MTTY on December 13, 2012, 08:27:54 PM

Opens up two options with rolling lockout which is the Captain loophole and the emergency loophole.

Just another reason the rolling lock out annoys me. Mostly cause I work and can't compete as I cant do either of these. You should deliberately pick players that won't play, just seems against the 'spirit' of the game.

monstrum

How many threads is there going to be on here called "how do i do the loophole"  :o

MTTY

Quote from: dmac07 on December 14, 2012, 10:50:07 AM

Just another reason the rolling lock out annoys me. Mostly cause I work and can't compete as I cant do either of these. You should deliberately pick players that won't play, just seems against the 'spirit' of the game.
I agree that it's against the spirit but the rules are now there to be exposed and those who don't do it will have a lot less chance to win, if they actually have the time to sit at there computer all the time they will do it. Very unfortunate for people like you and I who actually have lives though.

Speculator

Target your downgrades carefully. You don't want to bring in rookies who only play 3 games.

gossiboy

dmac07

MTTY

Guys by the way could we keep it to rules about picking a starting squad, please. I will make another thread after for how to win supercoach later.   :)