How to pick the winning starting squad for SuperCoach 2013

Started by MTTY, December 13, 2012, 03:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

I thought i'd run a post where each member can list ONE rule that they will employ when making their SuperCoach team for 2013.

Try not to double up, as the opening post will be updated so try and check that first.

1. Pick atleast One non-playing DPP rookie
2. Pick Gary Ablett
3. Attempt to be a little less of a cookie cutter and more risky-ish e.g. Got to risk it to get the biscuit
4. Go with your gut
5. Spend your money on the super premos.
6. pay the top dollar for the best
7. Don't panic.
8. Watch the pre season games to see who will change position to midfield
9. Don't start with Travis Cloke.
10. Dont spend too much on defenders. Load up in Mids and Forwards.

MTTY

I'll kick things off by saying:

. Pick atleast One non-playing DPP rookie

Grazz

Got to risk it to get the biscuit. I'll attempt to be a little less of a cookie cutter and more risky-ish, even writing it makes me nervous. :P

kilbluff1985

GM

Spend your money on the super premos.

Ringo

Listen to advice from forums and then go with your gut feel In all cases.  Never let you down

If you are going to take advantage of Rolling lockout try to pick 1 - 3 Non Playing DPP.  Will need this if you are.

jfitty

Not exactly a rule, but I think the 'guns and rookies' approach is the best way to put together a SuperCoach team in 2013. Next year we have so many awesome rookies and rookie-priced players (Whitfield, O'Meara, Viney, Crouch, Toumpas, Staker, Pederson, etc) that this should be every coaches strategy.

dmac07

Don't rely on a premium to drop in price. If you think he will be a top scorer overall, just pay the top dollar for him. A 50k saving is not worth missing ten weeks of good scores waiting for.

Jay

Quote from: MTTY on December 13, 2012, 03:01:44 PM

Why is this mate? Wouldn't it be better if they were playing?

Nige

Quote from: Jayman on December 13, 2012, 04:05:34 PM

I'm slightly confused by this one too...could you elaborate please, MTTY?

kilbluff1985

i thought the same thing but the theory is you can use the non playing rookie to exploit the VC loophole but i still don't like the idea to do this plus it's unlikely all your rookies will be playing anyway

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 13, 2012, 04:11:26 PM

i thought the same thing but the theory is you can use the non playing rookie to exploit the VC loophole but i still don't like the idea to do this plus it's unlikely all your rookies will be playing anyway

I thought that at first, but what difference would it make for the non-playing rookie to be DPP? As long as they're on your bench and don't play, that's all that matters for the VC loophole right?

kilbluff1985

well if you have a M/F as a non playing rookie you can use him in different lines if you want to try one of your forwards with VC for example and next week it could be a mid you put the VC on

like i said i don't like it just explaining the theory

AFEV

Don't panic.

Especially relevant for first year players.