Post your team for feedback+analysis by Jukes

Started by Jukes, December 12, 2012, 08:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monjaz

Quote from: Jukes on December 31, 2012, 08:04:27 PM
Quote from: monjaz on December 31, 2012, 07:44:11 PM
TEAM NAME: Justice League

Brendan Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brian Lake, Sam Colquhoun, Sam Docherty, Brent Staker
Lewis Stevenson, Dean Terlich

Dane Swan, Gary Ablett jnr, Jack Redden, Scott Pendlebury, Trent Cotchin, Luke Ball, Jaeger O'Meara, Jack Viney
Matt Jones, Tom Mitchell

Todd Goldstein, Matthew Leuenberger
Brodie Grundy, Liam McBean

Dean Cox, Tom Rockliff, Jimmy Bartel, Josh J. Kennedy, Brent Macaffer, Colin Sylvia
Tom Lee, Sam Dwyer

CASH LEFT: $117,100

What are your suggestions? But, I also want to keep at least 50-80k for when the actual DT time comes.

Backs: Exactly the same as mine from player 1 to 8 :P. I reckon although this is a weak structure as it'll only get us like 450-500 points per week, but there is just too many backline rookies which good JS and scoring ability to pass up being cheap down back and stocking your mids/rucks. Even though I'm bias, great selection of rookies and premiums. 7.5/10
Mids: Very strong, one of the best midfields I've seen. Could almost expect half your teams points to come from here. I reckon Embley is a better selection than Ball as he's 80k cheaper but will only average at most 5 points less than Ball. 10/10
Rucks: Standard starting pair, in addition to normal bench rooks. 8/10
Forwards: Strong, I'm unsure on Cox and Bartel however. They're old and I can see both dropping in average to around the 95 mark as they are overtaken by their younger counterparts and require more resting. I'd much prefer to go the way of say Mitch Robbo and Daisy. Unless you're in love with their DPP component I'd strongly consider dropping at least one. 8.25/10

Overall: 8.6/10

Thanks heaps!!! I changed Bartel to Daisy. I'm not sure whether to downgrade Ball because if I end up downgrading him, say for Embley, I will hopefully receive cash other than spend.. if that makes sense. Thanks again!

Tyes

Quote from: Jukes on December 31, 2012, 01:48:35 PM
Quote from: Tyes on December 31, 2012, 12:32:02 PM
First go at the team with the new structure, thanks Jukes.

TEAM NAME: Sloth stew
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, G. Broughton, B. Goodes, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, J. Redden, M. Murphy, L. Ball, B. Crouch, J. O'Meara (B. Kennedy, J. Viney)
RUC: C. Pedersen, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, B. Grundy)
FWD: T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, D. Martin, C. Sylvia, C. Knights, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, M. McDonough)
CASH LEFT: $16,700

Backs: Standard structure. Same players as everybody else has basically- not a bad thing as gives you comfortability and they are good picks with minimal faults, but little chance of gaining a point of difference, like I have with Lake. 8.25/10
Mids: Very strong line, similar to mine with 3 top-end premiums who will go 110+ (Pendles, Cotchin, Stants) then Redden and Murphy who are underpriced but should also go 110+. Obviously the difference between you and mine is Cotchin and Stants vs Swan and Ablett, which will only cost me like 20 points per week, while I'm saving like 180k. Depends whether you want your midfield top set from the start or to build on it, and we've gone opposite ways, both strategies being good. 9.5/10
Rucks: Two good mid-pricers here who will look to gain $$$ fast. Both could score premo-like (Leuey 92, Pedo 80) and will be either a good stepping stone to a full premium or a potential keeper. 7.5/10 (it's low as it's very risky with JS and reinjury issues, going with mid-pricers is never safe)
Forwards: Even though it's can be perceived as weak (only 2 established premiums(, it's still a good line. All players except for McDonough have prior afl experience, and from those only Macaffer has played under 50 games. Sylvia is another good risk, I'd probably have him if it wasn't for Clokey. 8/10

Overall: 8.4/10

Cheers Jukes, yeah I like the idea of stants, I am toying with the idea of dropping Swan for him for the extra cash, the more I think about it the more I think I'll go with it. Just need to think where to chuck the extra $$. Maybe upgrade Pedo to Goldy or something.

Junkitup

TEAM NAME: Yeyeye Live Action
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, G. Broughton, B. Lake, N. Vlastuin (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: J. Kennedy, M. Murphy, S. Gibson, N. Fyfe, A. Embley, T. Varcoe, O. Wines, J. O'Meara (N. Hrovat, S. Colquhoun)
RUC: H. McIntosh, T. Bellchambers (S. O'hAilpin, M. Daw)
FWD: D. Thomas, M. Robinson, N. Naitanui, S. Wellingham, C. Knights, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $53,000

Jukes

Quote from: Junkitup on January 01, 2013, 03:42:06 PM
TEAM NAME: Yeyeye Live Action
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, G. Broughton, B. Lake, N. Vlastuin (J. Pittard, D. Terlich)
MID: J. Kennedy, M. Murphy, S. Gibson, N. Fyfe, A. Embley, T. Varcoe, O. Wines, J. O'Meara (N. Hrovat, S. Colquhoun)
RUC: H. McIntosh, T. Bellchambers (S. O'hAilpin, M. Daw)
FWD: D. Thomas, M. Robinson, N. Naitanui, S. Wellingham, C. Knights, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $53,000

Backs: Strong. Great selection of players imo, especially my boy Brian Lake. Rookies good, if you need an extra 50k though somewhere down the track I'd downgrade Vlastuin to Docherty or Stevenson. 8.25/10
Mids: Again pretty strong. I'd rate Redden over JJK as Redden looks set to vastly improve to the low 110s but I can't see JJK jumping in average that much. Gibson is an interesting selection. Could prove a good stepping stone to a full premium early or he could just retain his early 90s average. 8/10
Rucks: Good. I rate both premium selections, both should improve their average and could be top 5 rucks with low-to-mid 90s averages. Setanta as a back-up does absorb a fair chunk of cash to just lie on your bench but will be good back-up in case one of your primary ruckman miss a game. 8.5/10
Forwards: Pretty strong. I rate Thomas and Robbo as good picks, not so much the next two. Naitanui has gone through groin surgery and, even if he gets up for NAB cup and round 1, probably won't be a top 5 ruckman. I rate de Boer, Martin, Wright ahead of him for c/f dpp. 8.25/10

Overall: 8.25/10

Breivheart

TEAM NAME: TBC
DEF: Gibbs B (MID), Birchall G, Pittard J, Staker B (FWD), Colquhuon S (MID), Docherty S (Terlich D, Stevenson L)
MID: Ablett G, Cotchin T, Pendlebury S, Goddard B (DEF), Greene T, Heppell D (DEF), O'Meara J, Wines O (Mitchell K, Viney J)
RUC: Leuenberger M, Goldstein T (S. O'hAilpin (FWD), M. Daw)
FWD: Rockliff T (MID), Robinson M (MID), Ryder P (RUC), Martin D (MID), Broughton G (DEF), Macaffer B (O'Brian N, Daniher J)
CASH LEFT: $198,800

I've tried to keep the DPP options open but definitely still need a FWD/MID in the center. Also I think that's too many bombers but I don't know any of the alternatives very well.

Jukes

Quote from: Breivheart on January 01, 2013, 05:39:15 PM
TEAM NAME: TBC
DEF: Gibbs B (MID), Birchall G, Pittard J, Staker B (FWD), Colquhuon S (MID), Docherty S (Terlich D, Stevenson L)
MID: Ablett G, Cotchin T, Pendlebury S, Goddard B (DEF), Greene T, Heppell D (DEF), O'Meara J, Wines O (Mitchell K, Viney J)
RUC: Leuenberger M, Goldstein T (S. O'hAilpin (FWD), M. Daw)
FWD: Rockliff T (MID), Robinson M (MID), Ryder P (RUC), Martin D (MID), Broughton G (DEF), Macaffer B (O'Brian N, Daniher J)
CASH LEFT: $198,800

I've tried to keep the DPP options open but definitely still need a FWD/MID in the center. Also I think that's too many bombers but I don't know any of the alternatives very well.

Backs: As I've said before, even though structures like 2 and 3 premiums is weak and will only drag in like 400 and 500 points per week, I reckon it's one of or the best backline structures. There is such a strong market for backline rookies in terms of JS and scoring ability that you can afford to absorb a fair amount of cash from your backline to stock up your mids and forwards. Anyway, good selection of rookies, you've basically taken every good one :P. 6.5/10- this is NOT because it's a bad line, just because it's weak and won't drag you in many points.
Mids: Strong. One way I reckon you could place a C/F link in the midfield would be to remove Pittard/Stevenson and put in their place Goddard/Heppell, then use the vacant midfield spot for a C/F rookie such as Menzel, Mayes, Kennedy, etc. Anyway I like the choice of Toby Greene. 9.25/10
Rucks: Standard. 8/10
Forwards: Strong. I rate Tommy Lee and maybe Membrey over O'Brian and JoeD, can't see O'Brian getting much game times and JoeD won't play as much as he should so he can develop properly into our next Coleman medallist. 9/10

Overall: 8.5/10

kilbluff1985

bit bored today

TEAM NAME: FIGJAM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, L. Osborne, B. Goodes (L. Stevenson, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Cotchin, B. Ebert, A. Embley, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, M. Daw)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, T. Varcoe, B. Staker (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $15,500

i like the idea of having a unique pick at M5 and Port have an easy draw

Thomas will see how his ankle is come round 1 obviously

3 Port defender rookies are just fill ins until round 1 teams are announced

Jukes

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 01, 2013, 07:00:00 PM
bit bored today

TEAM NAME: FIGJAM
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Broughton, J. Pittard, L. Osborne, B. Goodes (L. Stevenson, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, D. Beams, T. Cotchin, B. Ebert, A. Embley, O. Wines, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (J. Witts, M. Daw)
FWD: L. Franklin, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, M. Robinson, T. Varcoe, B. Staker (T. Lee, B. Kennedy)
CASH LEFT: $15,500

i like the idea of having a unique pick at M5 and Port have an easy draw

Thomas will see how his ankle is come round 1 obviously

3 Port defender rookies are just fill ins until round 1 teams are announced

I've already explained all my things right/wrong with it to you on chat, so I'll just give you ratings per position;

That and I'm a sucker for not having to do work.

Backs: 7.5/10
Mids: 9.5/10
Rucks: 8/10
Forwards: 7.99/10

Overall: 8.5/10

crumpetjack

TEAM NAME: The Mighty Bye
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, J. Pittard, B. Goodes, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, B. Stanton, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, D. Currie)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, C. Sylvia, S. Mayes, B. Staker (S. Kerridge, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $71,400

Thanks Jukes. Not impressed with forward rookies

Jukes

Quote from: crumpetjack on January 02, 2013, 11:38:40 PM
TEAM NAME: The Mighty Bye
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, H. Hartlett, J. Pittard, B. Goodes, S. Docherty (S. Colquhoun, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, S. Pendlebury, B. Stanton, M. Murphy, D. Mundy, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (S. Rowe, D. Currie)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, C. Sylvia, S. Mayes, B. Staker (S. Kerridge, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $71,400

Thanks Jukes. Not impressed with forward rookies

Yeah I'm not impressed with any forward rooks bar Staker and Lee, which is why I've going with 6 premiums atm.

Backs: My favourite structure as I have previously remarked. I reckon Broughton over Pittard is a smarter decision as he is priced lower but they'll both average about the same, 88 or so (I'd prefer Lake to both but he's probably too indie for most :P). 7.5/10
Mids: Very very very strong. And that's not just because you have the Stantonator. To have 5 110+ mids to start off with is always going to be good. I'm hoping I can do that with Pendles, Cotch, Stants, Murph and Redden. Good selection in Mundy too to compliment that powerful start. 10/10
Rucks: Standard. Don't think I'll ever need to say anything else when somebody goes Goldy/Leuey as at least half of sides have it. 8/10
Forwards: Standard structure. I'd prefer alternatives to Cox, as I've explained in previous analysis, he almost definitely will drop average to like 94, maybe even right down to ~90. 8/10

Overall: 8.5/10 a good team obviously anchored by that super midfield.

brandon_12

You've already given me a review but would love another on my update team if you dont mind, you give out great pointers !  :D

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Vlastuin, Staker, Docherty (Colquhoun, Terlich)

Mid: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Murphy, Goodes.B, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

Ruck: Mcintosh, Leuenburger (Currie, McBean)

Foward: Johnson, Rockliff Thomas, Broughton, Daniher, Lee (Dick, Kennedy)

$3,500 left over, rookies are still not 100% but these ones are looking like playing atm.

Jukes

Quote from: brandon_12 on January 03, 2013, 06:16:08 PM
You've already given me a review but would love another on my update team if you dont mind, you give out great pointers !  :D

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Vlastuin, Staker, Docherty (Colquhoun, Terlich)

Mid: Swan, Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Mitchell, Murphy, Goodes.B, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

Ruck: Mcintosh, Leuenburger (Currie, McBean)

Foward: Johnson, Rockliff Thomas, Broughton, Daniher, Lee (Dick, Kennedy)

$3,500 left over, rookies are still not 100% but these ones are looking like playing atm.

I don't mind doing multiple reviews for a person mate. As long as your haven't just changed like 1 player sideways I'm happy.

Backs: Good structure. Aside from the locks in Goddard and Gibbs, reckon Birchall is a good selection for third premium (I cheaped out and went Lake). Standard rookies. 7.75/10
Mids: Very strong. I'm uncertain on Selwood and Mitchell, imo there are better options as I can't see Selwood and Mitchell averaging 110 unlike Redden and Stanton, although they could be good POD players and it's not that big of a deal, a lot will be told in the NAB cup on premium scores and whether or not they'll improve. Rookies good. 10/10
Rucks: Standard. 8/10
Forwards: Standard structure. Great choice in premiums, cannot fault those selections at all. All those rookies bar Lee I'd be uncertain on, we'll have to wait until pre-season to tell. 8/10

Overall: A strong side, 8.4/10, obviously highlighted by that midfield.

Converted

Have a look at this line-up for me Jukes, ps I'm a supercoacher having a crack at DT.

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, J. Pittard, L. Osborne (B. Goodes, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, L. Ball, O. Wines, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, L. McBean)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, T. Menzel, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $4,500

Cheers in advance mate, Ta!

essendon2

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, J. Pittard, B. Staker, S. Docherty (D. Terlich, S. Colquhoun)

MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett, T. Cotchin, J. Redden, M. Murphy, S. Mayes (DPP), B. Goodes (DPP), B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)

RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, M. Gawn)

FWD: S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, M. Robinson, D. Martin, T. Cloke, J. Stringer (B. Maccaffer, T. Lee)

Cash Left: $18,000

&

Grimes + Martin
vs.
Lake + Franklin

thanks Jukes xx

Jukes

I'm going to have to rush these next two as am on borrowed computer time at somebody elses house :X

Quote from: Converted on January 03, 2013, 08:25:43 PM
Have a look at this line-up for me Jukes, ps I'm a supercoacher having a crack at DT.

DEF: B. Goddard, J. Grimes, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, J. Pittard, L. Osborne (B. Goodes, D. Terlich)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, T. Cotchin, S. Pendlebury, L. Ball, O. Wines, K. Mitchell, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: T. Goldstein, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, L. McBean)
FWD: D. Cox, S. Johnson, T. Rockliff, D. Thomas, T. Menzel, B. Macaffer (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $4,500

Cheers in advance mate, Ta!

I've found that SC isn't that much different to DT, just a few premium and structural differences.
Backs: Pretty much the standard structure. All choices in players are good, cannot fault them at this stage. 8/10
Mids: Strong, especially in those front four. Having 4 of the top 8 priced mids from the off-set is always good. Ball a little overpriced for me but could work off by reaching close to his maximum price early allowing you to make a slight upgrade to a premium, I don't want to put in the heavy investment however. No b/c or c/f links at all may make your midfield weaker. 9.25/10
Rucks: I might as well just copy paste the same thing for everybody who locks in Goldy and Leuey, which is most people (I'm still proud to say I was one of the first to go with this strategy :P); Standard. 8/10
Forwards: Standard structure. As I've said before, I'd prefer blokes like Zorko or Mitch Robbo over Cox, both will average more (inb4 anti-eagles bias- it's the truth). 8/10

Overall: A well-balanced side at 8.3/10