AFL Fantasy

Started by Mr.Craig, December 12, 2012, 06:18:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Hoggyz_a_legend

I dont know if i should be excited or scared. Or both.

Mr.Craig

According to that picture Albury is a hotbed for fantasy football coaches. ;D

kilbluff1985

Aww no something else for me to get addicted to :'(

nrich102

kilbluff1985

I don't understand are the AFL bringing in there own AFL fantasy game or is it just promoting the new rules etc?

nrich102

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 12, 2012, 08:16:14 PM
I don't understand are the AFL bringing in there own AFL fantasy game or is it just promoting the new rules etc?
I think it may just be promoting rules etc.

m1tch robo

My Guess is that it's a draft style dream team. Similar to dream team pro last year that was only available to assistant coach subscribers. I think they will make it free for anyone. New wild beast to tame.

Popey99

Nah, guys, it's DT renamed. It's so you supposedly get the picture that AFL Fantasy is the 'only' fantasy game, with the official name of AFL used. Purely marketing, I see straight through it. I would be surprised if it is much different to average good old DT used to be. But quote me, Dream Team is not a name that will be used to describe an AFL related fantasy game. Ever. Rename your subsections and all other DT references m0nty!!

Basically, this is made b the exact people that made DT, it's just giving it a new name.

Popey99

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 12, 2012, 06:35:29 PM
According to that picture Albury is a hotbed for fantasy football coaches. ;D

Mate Albury is the hotbed for everything. Not least AFL Fantasy coaches :P

Popey99

CORRECTION!! I have done some digging around, and have figured that 'AFL Fantasy' will be a title used to cover many other smaller subsections. It is broad, and extensive to my current knowledge. 'AFL Fantasy' will involve our much loved DT itself, basically unchanged apart from the new rules we already know of. To my current knowledge, a draft style game will now be free for the public (SC has gone down same path), this also comes under AFL Fantasy. There seems to be many other unannounced program's that will come under the AFL Fantasy umbrella, of which we may not find out for a while.

In summary, The whole AFL Fantasy term seems to be a broad name for all of the products that will be offered through the AFL website; DT being one of them. So don't worry, DT is alive and well, but what else is coming along does scare me a little. I imagine many people will be much busier than they have in previous years!