Cameron Pederson DPP

Started by GM, December 12, 2012, 04:55:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Pedo will start in my backline no matter what if named round 1.

Originally i was going to play nic nat up front and have a non playing F/R to allow nic nat to cover the rucks and to use the VC loophole and emergency loophole.

May choose not to waste a forward spot on Nic Nat and just pick up lever in the ruck line. or even if maybee a F/R and R/B ruck bench could be the way to go at some stage.

It also gives you that option say grundy goes up to 200k you could always downgrade/upgrade him to a back and swithc pedo as your cover.

roti

For me he is always going to be upgraded so DPP makes little difference

The choice becomes do you want to start with Goldstein in the rucks and pedo down back, or Broughts down back and pedo in the ruck. having a quick think about it i'd actually rather start broughts, goldy is no certainty to bounce back above 90 because he didn't score that great last year even when hmac wasn't playing. I think broughts on the other hand should definitely push a 90+ average and be a top 6 back, don't see goldy being a top 2 ruckman. Add to this the fact there seem to be a number of solid rookies down back, Vlastuin, Staker, Pittard, Colquhoun, Terlich, Doherty, Stevenson?, Heath

Ziplock

maybe cox up front, rowe/grundy in a ruck bench spot, lever in the other and pedo down back? :P

Football Factory

I will be using the F/R link not the B/R link... Pederson might become a backline keeper  :)

Justin Bieber

How much is Pederson priced? Sorry for inconvence :)

nrich102

Justin Bieber

nrich102

timmyparso

Quote from: Ziplock on December 12, 2012, 07:37:17 PM
maybe cox up front, rowe/grundy in a ruck bench spot, lever in the other and pedo down back? :P

Why would anyone consider Lever? no one knows a thing about him. Not every DPP needs to be paired up.

With lack of round 1 starting rookie rucks (bold prediction, I know), Pedo may be worth starting ruck bench to ensure you start with a full squad of starting players. 

Justin Bieber

Quote from: timmyparso on December 12, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on December 12, 2012, 07:37:17 PM

Why would anyone consider Lever? no one knows a thing about him. Not every DPP needs to be paired up.

With lack of round 1 starting rookie rucks (bold prediction, I know), Pedo may be worth starting ruck bench to ensure you start with a full squad of starting players.
The point of Lever is to expose the new rules.

timmyparso

[/quote]
[/quote]

A player that doesn't play is worthless regardless of rules

MTTY

Quote from: timmyparso on December 12, 2012, 11:22:09 PM

[/quote]

[/quote]

No necessarily J.Tippett is a perfect example of a non playing player that was very useful.

By exposing the new rules, i presume Lez means that with Lever it offers us another way of using the bench loophole and captaincy loop hole.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: MTTY on December 12, 2012, 11:36:18 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on December 12, 2012, 11:22:09 PM

[/quote]

No necessarily J.Tippett is a perfect example of a non playing player that was very useful.

By exposing the new rules, i presume Lez means that with Lever it offers us another way of using the bench loophole and captaincy loop hole.
[/quote]
Correct. Being able to put Lever on bench or on field depending on situation could be valuable. Swapping with Pedo. Doing this in the forwardline too could be handy. Probably more effective, but more options.

Manbearpig

Quote from: Holzman on December 12, 2012, 06:02:03 PM
Pedo will start in my backline no matter what if named round 1.

Originally i was going to play nic nat up front and have a non playing F/R to allow nic nat to cover the rucks and to use the VC loophole and emergency loophole.

May choose not to waste a forward spot on Nic Nat and just pick up lever in the ruck line. or even if maybee a F/R and R/B ruck bench could be the way to go at some stage.

It also gives you that option say grundy goes up to 200k you could always downgrade/upgrade him to a back and swithc pedo as your cover.

Interesting analysis, but I'm not sure about Lever - I don't want to have him clogging up a spot all year, though it could be useful to be able to swing Pedersen from ruck to defence later in the year.

dunnie

IMO Tippet was only useful in 2011 when there was rolling byes through the whole season and most used him with Petrie whom turned out to be a premium. This year and next there is 3 bye rounds where it must be all hands on deck during 11-13 so a non playing player even if a DPP is a risk of a donut, even in the ruck.