The most important fantasy player selected in the rookie draft.

Started by Hawks_1976, December 12, 2012, 01:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

Who was your most important player selected in the rookie draft?

For me it was Callum Sinclair to the Eagles.

Callum will take my 4th ruck spot as a dual ruck/fwd and be able to rotate with Cox on my fwd line as well as being my captain for VC loophole.

Kane Mitchell, who won the Sandover Medal this year comes under consideration. In the grand final win for Claremont this year, it was his ability to keep running and finding space that proved the difference. 

The_Captain

I would say Mitchell. Could be a good starting option, or even downgrade option

blewy09

Anyone know what stats/sc scores Mitchell got this season?

roti

Quote from: blewy09 on December 12, 2012, 04:28:19 PM

Averaged 100 in something thats all i remember

shorty3264

Quote from: blewy09 on December 12, 2012, 04:28:19 PM
I don't know his SC scores, but his stats were:
played 22 games, averaged 25.2 disposals, 4.7 marks, 3.6 tackles and kicked 30.21 for the year. As well as starring in Claremont's grand final win with 24 touches and 3 goals.

Ziplock

blewy09

elephants

Problem with Sinclair is he might actually get games with Nic Nat possibly not full fit and Lycett maybe not at AFL level fitness wise yet...

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on December 12, 2012, 05:10:13 PM
Problem with Sinclair is he might actually get games with Nic Nat possibly not full fit and Lycett maybe not at AFL level fitness wise yet...

watching lycett from the sideline, he looks real slow, and not like most young ruckman. He is pretty stocky for a young ruckman and i dont think he is ready to do anything decent in the afl for a while!.

Mitchell's dt profile shows his scores for the year. Averaged over 100 in the wafl

blewy09

Quote from: noto07 on December 12, 2012, 05:21:00 PM

watching lycett from the sideline, he looks real slow, and not like most young ruckman. He is pretty stocky for a young ruckman and i dont think he is ready to do anything decent in the afl for a while!.

Mitchell's dt profile shows his scores for the year. Averaged over 100 in the wafl

How much lower would do you guys think WAFL standard is to AFL?

Port have drafted exceptional well.

The_Captain

Quote from: blewy09 on December 12, 2012, 05:35:08 PM
Quote from: noto07 on December 12, 2012, 05:21:00 PM

How much lower would do you guys think WAFL standard is to AFL?

Port have drafted exceptional well.

A fair way! I'd say further than AFL than the VFL is.

blewy09

timmyparso

Dean Trelich looks decent and likely starter for the Demons in Defence, had good year at Norwood in SANFL so would be a good early cash cow

kilbluff1985

Quote from: timmyparso on December 13, 2012, 12:52:16 PM
Dean Trelich looks decent and likely starter for the Demons in Defence, had good year at Norwood in SANFL so would be a good early cash cow

wasn't taken in rookie draft was he?

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 13, 2012, 01:12:01 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on December 13, 2012, 12:52:16 PM

wasn't taken in rookie draft was he?

Nah, Terlich went at 68 in the Nat Draft.