Kyle Martin

Started by KoopKicka, December 12, 2012, 12:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoopKicka

Well well well, another midfield option, the Pies headed into the draft with the intention they wanted mature-age players who were ready to go, and picking up Martin with pick 12 is promising, his VFL average for this year was bang on 100 points a game, while being the main tag target for opposition VFL teams, and if he is named round one he has LOCK written allover.

Heres craigys writeup.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.msg901692.html#msg901692

The_Captain

Quote from: KoopKicka on December 12, 2012, 12:58:27 AM
Well well well, another midfield option, the Pies headed into the draft with the intention they wanted mature-age players who were ready to go, and picking up Martin with pick 12 is promising, his VFL average for this year was bang on 100 points a game, while being the main tag target for opposition VFL teams, and if he is named round one he has LOCK written allover.

Heres craigys writeup.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.msg901692.html#msg901692

Cheers Koopa. Looks like a great option. Could become a downgrade option if they get a few injuries!!

Jukes

Young Collingwood midfielder. Would be a dead set lock if he were in pretty much every other team- but having to compete with Swan, Beams, Sidey, Pendles, Ball and the like will make his selection chances for the <3 boxxy <3's  slim unless he can prove both scoring potential at the tom level and job security during the nab cup.

That being said, could be a tasty downgrade target should be not play until later on in the season.

The_Captain

Quote from: Jukes on December 12, 2012, 01:15:04 AM
Young Collingwood midfielder. Would be a dead set lock if he were in pretty much every other team- but having to compete with Swan, Beams, Sidey, Pendles, Ball and the like will make his selection chances for the <3 boxxy <3's  slim unless he can prove both scoring potential at the tom level and job security during the nab cup.

That being said, could be a tasty downgrade target should be not play until later on in the season.

Yeh agree. Would be good at melbourne or Port. Hopefully Kanr Mitchell gets upgraded early !!

Holz

Agree with the sentiments here it seems collingwood are picking up mids i thought other teams would have taken e.g. Ben Kennedy.

Im not sure if they are planning post Ball and Swan but i really cant see how they can fit intho the squad at the moment. I see him at best playing the odd game or two to help fill holes.

Toga

Quote from: Holzman on December 12, 2012, 11:05:15 AM
Agree with the sentiments here it seems collingwood are picking up mids i thought other teams would have taken e.g. Ben Kennedy.

Im not sure if they are planning post Ball and Swan but i really cant see how they can fit intho the squad at the moment. I see him at best playing the odd game or two to help fill holes.

well swan has already stated he is retiring at 30, meaning he only has a couple of seasons left in him.. so i guess they are just replenishing the midfield stocks for a few years time!

Mr.Craig

Hine says: "Just had his first year at Frankston and his numbers are second to none in the VFL. He played as that inside mid who can go outside. We just feel [he can be used] as a back-up for Luke Ball and the promising Josh Thomas. History tells us that those senior players no matter what competition they play, the statistics replicate."

Ricochet

can we really fit another Pie into our teams

The_Captain

Quote from: Ricochet on December 12, 2012, 04:42:05 PM
can we really fit another Pie into our teams

maybe after the bye rounds?? Downgrade option? Here's to hoping!

Adamant

Hopefully a downgrade option, tough to break into the Pies side.

owenbond007

scored well 36pts from 62% TOG. Interesting to see if he gets much more game time.

Mr.Craig

Team announcements this week will give us our best indication yet as to which rookies are being considered.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 26, 2013, 11:40:57 PM
Team announcements this week will give us our best indication yet as to which rookies are being considered.
And the first proper full games this will, how will all the favourite rooks go in full competitive matches?

I'm fairly excited on seeing "Jimmy the Gun" Toumpas, also Patton again, will the expensive Luke Brown get hold of the footy, Wines and Crouch are getting huge expectation here how will they respond?

Really looking forward to Daw and Rowe and how they back up

Ricochet

Yeh he's a gun. Not sure where he fits in the Pies side though

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 27, 2013, 12:22:19 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on February 26, 2013, 11:40:57 PM
And the first proper full games this will, how will all the favourite rooks go in full competitive matches?

I'm fairly excited on seeing "Jimmy the Gun" Toumpas, also Patton again, will the expensive Luke Brown get hold of the footy, Wines and Crouch are getting huge expectation here how will they respond?

Really looking forward to Daw and Rowe and how they back up

You might not be seeing Daw.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-02-26/knee-swelling-has-majaks-nab-cup-campaign-in-doubt