Kane Mitchell

Started by Football Factory, December 11, 2012, 06:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: tabs on January 14, 2013, 09:24:49 PM
isnt he on their rookie list though?? Needs an injury to get a spot i think
Sure this is a major problem for round one teams, could be a great upgrade ie Gibson, later on, though with Hartlett and Gray anything is possible!

mezzoculo

Fear not. Port have one position left on their senior list that they have said will go to the best performing rookie prior to Round 1.

timmyparso

Quote from: mezzoculo on January 14, 2013, 11:10:27 PM
Fear not. Port have one position left on their senior list that they have said will go to the best performing rookie prior to Round 1.

What's you source on this? The Power website currently lists 40 senior players, Mitchell is also not listed on either list, seems to be the only player not listed.

me

let's face it, port adelaide have a gaping dearth of remotely capable midfielders, so u'd think this guy will get a gig round 1 providing he impresses in the nab

Capper

m0nty has 41 on the main list with Butcher, Hoskin and Mitchell on the rookie list

chaosAD

He's in ports best 15 let alone there best 22, he'll get a spot and play r1 no doubt, will be this years KHorse!

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: chaosAD on January 15, 2013, 02:02:54 AM
He's in ports best 15 let alone there best 22, he'll get a spot and play r1 no doubt, will be this years KHorse!

His not in our best side tbh!

He doesnt beat boak, hartlett, ebert, broadbent, cornes

Dt wise he might but real life wise he wont get a midfield spot. Darren Pfeiffer was matyre age fwd/mid who tore up sanfl in 2011 but couldnt crack into midfield so played fwd/def for port in 2012. Mitchell will play fwd or defence because he isnt in our best mids, and like pfieffer i predict this will heavily hamper his scoring

Andrew

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on January 15, 2013, 04:00:06 AM
Quote from: chaosAD on January 15, 2013, 02:02:54 AM

His not in our best side tbh!

He doesnt beat boak, hartlett, ebert, broadbent, cornes

Even with the traditional 5 man-midfield, it ain't played like that anymore and regardless you still need rotations through the midfield. Wingard, Wines, and Mitchell will surely round out that midfield nicely. Daniel Pearce leaving has opened up a spot in defence and midfield rotation also.

chaosAD

Kane is clearly in your best side, your side is full of rabble, he dominated the Wafl last year and will slot in nicely to Ports best 22 easily I would of thought. I'm not saying he's better than boak, etc but he will play this year

SydneyRox

Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 11:37:07 PM

What's you source on this? The Power website currently lists 40 senior players, Mitchell is also not listed on either list, seems to be the only player not listed.

+1

I do recall seeing something like this from one of the teams, but can find a source to back it up. Will be one way to write Mitchell off for now if they haven't got a spot to upgrade him to.

mezzoculo

Quote from: timmyparso on January 14, 2013, 11:37:07 PM

Yep. I spoke too soon. Seems that they have a full senior list. Strange, as I remember checking the club's website after the list had been finalised and seeing only 39 senior players listed. Sorry all.
Mitchell is now out of my team!

Mr.Craig

Not sure of the accuracy of this but The Age published the club lists last week and this is who they had for Port...

1 Domenic Cassisi 
2 Cameron Hitchcock 
3 Campbell Heath 
4 Brent Renouf
5 Matthew Broadbent 
6 Angus Monfries 
7 Brad Ebert 
8 Hamish Hartlett
9 Robbie Gray 
10 Travis Boak
11 John Butcher 
12 Jackson Trengove
13 Cameron O'Shea 
14 Paul Stewart 
15 Lewis Stevenson 
16 Oliver Wines 
17 Tom Clurey 
18 Kane Cornes
19 Nick Salter 
20 Chad Wingard 
21 Matt Thomas 
22 Mason Shaw 
23 Matthew Lobbe 
24 Nathan Blee 
26 Andrew Moore 
27 Alipate Carlile 
28 Jay Schulz 
29 Jasper Pittard 
30 Sam Colquhoun 
32 Jake Neade
33 Brett Ebert 
34 Jarrad Redden 
36 Jack Hombsch 
38 Ben Newton 
39 Justin Westhoff
40 Aaron Young 
41 Brendon Ah Chee 
42 Thomas Jonas 
43 Daniel Stewart 
44 Tom Logan

Rookies
31 Darren Pfeiffer 
45 Danny Butcher 
46 Justin Hoskin
Kane Mitchell

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/afl-team-lists-20121231-2c2dm.html

Justin Bieber

I thought pfeiffer got upgraded? Much be mistaken...

Mr.Craig

Quote from: whatlez on January 16, 2013, 03:40:27 AM
I thought pfeiffer got upgraded? Much be mistaken...

He was upgraded prior to Round 1 last year. It appears at some point he was placed back on the rookie list. :-\

mezzoculo

I think 5fer was only promoted to cover an LTI, so his promotion was only temporary.