Kane Mitchell

Started by Football Factory, December 11, 2012, 06:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Football Factory

Anyone keen on Kane Mitchell now he's gone to Port ..Surely in their best 22 and picked up to go straight into their midfield ?

From Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight thread  :) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.msg897036.html#msg897036

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013: $119,300

Sandover Medal winner 2012

WAFL scores for 2012 - 113, 76, 57, 122, 128, 102, 112, 132, 131, 57, 114, 90, 139, 84, 96, 85, 113, 133, 70, 127, 73, 107.

Holz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on December 11, 2012, 06:52:24 PM
Anyone keen on Kane Mitchell now he's gone to Port ..Surely in their best 22 and picked up to go straight into their midfield ?

From Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight thread  :) http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,68079.msg897036.html#msg897036

Definately will look into him, I did the stats for alot of the WAFL games he played in and I can remember giving him alot of touches. Looks like he works hard to get into position to get the ball and if named round 1 will seriously think about him.

timmyparso

He's on the rookie list so will need a LTI to play, otherwise if there is one he should be a walk in, mature body ready to play but Port did also just score Ollie Wines so the two will likely compete for games. If selected will seriously look at selecting, who knows, Zorko could have landed at Port.

kilbluff1985

Not sure but think Port may have a spot on the list still so they can elevate someone if they want

Mr.Craig

Quote from: timmyparso on December 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
He's on the rookie list so will need a LTI to play

Not necessarily, as a result of players being placed on the veterans list nominated rookies can be upgraded prior to the season starting and clubs also have the opportunity to upgrade a rookie after Round 11 ( if they meet the total player payment requirements ).

"Under AFL Rule 21.11.1, Clubs may nominate one player from their rookie list as being available for selection at any time after the conclusion of Round 11 and before 2pm on the Tuesday after Round 22. The club’s ability to nominate a rookie under this rule is subject to meeting TPP requirements. The AFL will advise all media of any players who are upgraded under this rule."

The_Captain

If named round 1. He will be biggest lock out of all the rookie options!

Toga

Quote from: noto07 on December 12, 2012, 01:51:02 AM

can't be a bigger lock than Jaeger ;)

but will have to strongly consider him in port's midfield, that's for sure!

SydneyRox

I cant be sure... I read so much yesterday, but I think it was one of the port guys said they were keeping a spot on the main list as a reward for the best performed rookie over the pre season, which I think is a fantastic way to make use of the list flexibility.

Will certainly come into consideration if named round 1

Ricochet

a mature age player who is a prolific ball winner... if named round 1 he has to be in your side

Capper

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 11, 2012, 10:10:06 PM
Quote from: timmyparso on December 11, 2012, 09:30:28 PM
He's on the rookie list so will need a LTI to play

Not necessarily, as a result of players being placed on the veterans list nominated rookies can be upgraded prior to the season starting and clubs also have the opportunity to upgrade a rookie after Round 11 ( if they meet the total player payment requirements ).

"Under AFL Rule 21.11.1, Clubs may nominate one player from their rookie list as being available for selection at any time after the conclusion of Round 11 and before 2pm on the Tuesday after Round 22. The club’s ability to nominate a rookie under this rule is subject to meeting TPP requirements. The AFL will advise all media of any players who are upgraded under this rule."
could also be a great downgrade target halfway through the season as well

The_Captain

Quote from: Toga on December 12, 2012, 02:36:02 PM

Will average way more than jaegar if plays full games ! Not sure about the haircut but. Another Tom Swift lol!

nas

Quote from: noto07 on December 12, 2012, 05:11:16 PM
Quote from: Toga on December 12, 2012, 02:36:02 PM

Will average way more than jaegar if plays full games ! Not sure about the haircut but. Another Tom Swift lol!

Whatlez's new DP?

timmyparso

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 11, 2012, 09:42:41 PM
Not sure but think Port may have a spot on the list still so they can elevate someone if they want

Sure hope so

tbagrocks

I don't get this at all :o

Port have not much else but good midfielders, Ebert, Hartlett, Boak, Wingard, Broadbent, Cassisi, Cornes, Thomas and now Wines and Monfries

Tell me why Mitchell is a walk up start? ???

Kellogscrunchynut

Absolutely spoilt for choice with midfield rookies.