2012 Games: 18

2012 Ave: 86.5

Centuries: 9

Highs: 150 vs Gold Coast, 129 vs Melbourne 128 vs Hawthorn

Lows: 4 vs West Coast, 23 vs Port Adelaide, 42 vs Sydney

FanPlanner Price: $459,500

Position: Forward

Thoughts
Tippett had an extremely controversial year, he was concussed three times in five weeks, sparking more concussion safety debate, and we all know the salary cap debacle, which has seen his exit from the club along with much negative publicity for the Adelaide football club. Tippett was a hot topic for many weeks, he has now ended up at Sydney with the reigning premiers selecting him with the eleventh pick in the pre season draft. Looking at Tippett’s numbers for 2012 they don’t seem all that impressive, but if you take out his three concussion-effected matches he averaged a quality 98.9. He is a clunking mark and a huge presence up forward, despite his sometimes wayward kicking, he creates plenty of opportunities and had an outstanding preliminary final where he took 11 marks, kicked 4 goals on his way to 118 SC points. He will receive superb delivery to him from Sydney’s brilliant midfield but unfortunately he will not feature for the first eleven rounds as part of his suspension from the salary cap fall out. His suspension obviously rules him out of any initial selections, by the half way mark of the year Tippett will be raring to go and could have a sensational backend of the year if he continues his form of early 2012.

Verdict
He could possibly be an upgrade target if he finds his best form once he returns, however he is a relatively risky pick, even the best tall forwards historically have their huge games and the occasional quiet ones. I would have to say there are much more reliable options out there.

Prediction
Only half a season, but will comeback firing, 102.

kilbluff1985

lets hope he does not play many games in 2013 so we get a discount in 2014 lol

AFEV

Nope no way. He'll miss half the season and honestly don't think he'll average enough to be worth upgrading to.

Plus I don't really like him any more...Yes I sometimes rule out players because I don't like them. :P

Good write-up.

shorty3264

agreed haha

yeh, I know a bit tainted for sure.

Thanks

S_Coach99

nah I wouldn't pick the big oofter in my team...

... he'll just have a sook, request to be traded out and stuff my salary cap for the next year

Jroo

After a 10 week break, will be fit and firing. Will defintley consider him as an upgrade target after the byes

GM

Had him last year but not again.
Concussed three times and subbed.
NO!

ossie85

I really doubt he'll average 102.....

But could be an upgrade target! Who knows...

shorty3264

Quote from: ossie85 on December 11, 2012, 04:48:15 PM

He'll be super keen by the time he can play, I can see him kicking plenty of goals at the Swans.

Bones Bombers

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 11, 2012, 01:35:03 PM
Like your thinking!

ossie85

Quote from: shorty3264 on December 11, 2012, 06:48:48 PM

He'll be super keen by the time he can play, I can see him kicking plenty of goals at the Swans.

I've no doubt he'd be keen, but will he have the match fitness? Will he fit into the Swans style of play after they've been playing as a unit for half a year? Will the smaller SCG ground suit or hinder him? What will John Longmire's plan be for him (stay at home full forward? centre half forward? #1 forward, back up to Reid and Goodes? Back up ruck?)

You're right, he could come out on fire... I just have my doubts.

tbagrocks

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on December 11, 2012, 01:35:03 PM
Yeah he will get knocked out so he will miss more games

shorty3264

Quote from: ossie85 on December 11, 2012, 08:13:01 PM
Quote from: shorty3264 on December 11, 2012, 06:48:48 PM

I've no doubt he'd be keen, but will he have the match fitness? Will he fit into the Swans style of play after they've been playing as a unit for half a year? Will the smaller SCG ground suit or hinder him? What will John Longmire's plan be for him (stay at home full forward? centre half forward? #1 forward, back up to Reid and Goodes? Back up ruck?)

You're right, he could come out on fire... I just have my doubts.
oh yeh he's a risky pick for sure. I'd imagine he'd train the house down prior to coming back, may take a couple of games to find his full AFL match fitness, I'd be pretty confident he will be the focal point up forward, with Mumford and Pyke rucking.
plenty of question marks for sure though

SydneyRox

I have been burnt both the last years by old Kurt. But wearing the red and white might convince me to look at him after two games?
If he plays well against Port then Cartlon, his next few rounds would be very appealing.

Melb (MCG), GWS (SCG), WC (Subi), Rich (SCG), Dogs (Ethiad) before it gets harder vs Pies, Saints, Cats, Hawks.

Obese Arachnid

You've been burnt, you've been burnt?

Adelaide were burnt mate, "I love the smell of napalm in the morning" burnt!!! :P