Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

... surely geelong is an older team....

we were actually saying that younger teams don't have the same fitness base :P

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on December 12, 2012, 03:24:46 PM
... surely geelong is an older team....

we were actually saying that younger teams don't have the same fitness base :P

If you count it as players who played in 2012, it goes (from oldest to youngest):

1. St.Kilda
2. Sydney
3. Hawthorn
4. Geelong
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle
7. West Coast
8. North Melbourne
9. Collingwood
10. Adelaide
11. Brisbane
12. Carlton
13. Port Adelaide
14 Western Bulldogs
15. Melbourne
16. Richmond
17. GC
18. GWS

So in terms of relevant players, the Saints have the oldest team and Richmond (discounting GC and GWS for obvious reasons) is the youngest team.

There's a general correlation between the teams age and how it performs

Ziplock

there we go, problem solved.

so, as I said, richmond are a pretty young team, which would mean graham mighnt be talking shower.

Justin Bieber

I heard Adelaide were one of the youngest ??? ::)

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: whatlez on December 12, 2012, 04:09:05 PM
I heard Adelaide were one of the youngest ??? ::)

If you consider the entire squad, they're the 5th youngest

elephants

About middle of the age table and near the top of the premiership table.

I'll take that Woosha.

CrowsFan

Perhaps this is why they are not as fit as some other teams...

QuoteThey also competed in a three-day 'Amazing Race', where players had to decipher clues and perform a steep orienteering hike, mountain bike circuit, outrigging and archery.

Playing a smaller version of the amazing race isn't going to help fitness very much :P

Toga

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 16, 2012, 03:07:17 PM
Perhaps this is why they are not as fit as some other teams...

QuoteThey also competed in a three-day 'Amazing Race', where players had to decipher clues and perform a steep orienteering hike, mountain bike circuit, outrigging and archery.

Playing a smaller version of the amazing race isn't going to help fitness very much :P

lol so the crows don't do team bonding exercises? ::) bit of a stupid statement sorry..

CrowsFan

Was just a tongue in cheek joke toga ;)

Maca24

Richmond lost a lot of games in the clutch and I remember thinking as I was watching that they always got ran off their legs in the last 10 minutes. I think what Graham is saying would have some truth.

quinny88

Quote from: Maca24 on December 17, 2012, 04:30:13 PM
Richmond lost a lot of games in the clutch and I remember thinking as I was watching that they always got ran off their legs in the last 10 minutes. I think what Graham is saying would have some truth.

Fitness was not the issue. One of the close losses was to Gold Coast. You can't tell me Gold Coast won because they are fitter than us?
We lost close games because of a lack of experience and leadership in those close situations and not knowing how to handle it and ice the clock. We'll be better for having lost so many close ones though and our fitness, which isn't an issue anyway, will naturally get better with maturity

Toga

Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2012, 03:56:19 PM

haha sorry mate couldn't detect whether there was sarcasm or not ;)

Quote from: quinny88 on December 17, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Fitness was not the issue. One of the close losses was to Gold Coast. You can't tell me Gold Coast won because they are fitter than us?
We lost close games because of a lack of experience and leadership in those close situations and not knowing how to handle it and ice the clock. We'll be better for having lost so many close ones though and our fitness, which isn't an issue anyway, will naturally get better with maturity

agreed quinny it was more an experience issue i think... will get better with time!

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 17, 2012, 06:04:01 PM

Well said Quinny. Nothing to do with fitness. With our new additions hopefully this addresses the problem!

CrowsFan

Quote from: Toga on December 17, 2012, 06:44:30 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on December 17, 2012, 03:56:19 PM

haha sorry mate couldn't detect whether there was sarcasm or not ;)
Tried to make it obvious by putting in the :P face. Guess it didn't work haha