Main Menu

Pointless posts

Started by TeeJay, December 09, 2012, 06:51:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeeJay

I cant believe the amount of people that add nothing to this forum apart from pointless one word posts to build up their status in the coaching ranks..
The amount of posts that just say +1 or Locked or Pass or something else along those lines that are posted on threads or just a complete repeat of what someone else just said the comment above them. Its mind numbing!

There should be a minimum amount of characters that need to be entered for it to count as a post because the threads, particularly the player profiles are filled with pages of one word responses and everyone repeating what everyone else just said and it is obvious when someone has gone through 20 player profiles giving their same generic response that they are only doing it to build up their rank.

Anyone agree?

Justin Bieber

Yeah I do like the idea, but sometimes less than a certain amount of characters are necessary. But yeah there was the +1 King who tore through the DT Boards for a weird. Also I do not think people do it to move up the ranks.

kilbluff1985

for me it depends on each user some people might hardly ever do it which i think is ok but then if you look at someone like nrich102 whose every second post seems to be +1 or LOL this really annoys me

Quote from: youl_R_FCK on December 09, 2012, 02:17:31 PM
Quote from: youl_R_FCK on December 08, 2012, 05:15:51 PM
:)
yeah let's hope so for him and ports

this made me lol the guy quoted himself :o

PowerBug

The problem with these "pointless posts" is that the character limit includes the quote. So anyone quoting and saying "+1" isn't using only 2 characters.

Just ingore them i guess, it happens. :-\
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

tbagrocks

The forum is for everyone not just the people you think will add to it the way you want ::)

Here's an idea, go and make your own forum and have it the way you want :D

T Dog

Cant tell people what to say on a forum...moderate language standards and "vitriol levels between members" but not the how members like to engage on threads. As for moving up the ranks why even worry ?  8)

TeeJay

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 09, 2012, 08:33:13 PM
The forum is for everyone not just the people you think will add to it the way you want ::)

Of course you were going to disagree with anything I said mate.. You are still bitter about me making you look like an idiot in front of everyone. Chin up buddy

tbagrocks

TeeJay

Quote from: T Dog on December 09, 2012, 09:24:19 PM
Cant tell people what to say on a forum...moderate language standards and "vitriol levels between members" but not the how members like to engage on threads. As for moving up the ranks why even worry ?  8)

It's just ridiculous though and it ruins good threads. I go through the player profiles to see if anyone has information to add about a player or give an injury update and I have to go through 4 pages of people repeating themselves or saying 1 word comments.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TeeJay on December 10, 2012, 01:56:39 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on December 09, 2012, 08:33:13 PM

Of course you were going to disagree with anything I said mate.. You are still bitter about me making you look like an idiot in front of everyone. Chin up buddy

Hahaha chin up tbag

Ziplock

chinnnnnnnnnnn up.

I dunno why whatlez is supporting this- pointless posts are the main reason he made coach :P

Grazz

Its the time of year, often there is not a lot that can be added as a lot of threads carry an unknown quantity regarding info available. Some threads ask for a basic yes or know or close to it. Rookies are hard to comment on if you have no knowledge regarding them. Members that do post regular threads that are both informative and full of content do get noticed and are singled out at times for praise and a thanks for your efforts. These guys are Gold as in the quiet times such as now they give us something to read and comment on. Others that go around posting a syllable or less are also noticed and with amount of posts they have also comes a certain amount of respect as to how it was achieved. The rank urge soon wheres off as people become aware its more important for quality than quantity or become more confident to post what they know or think, not always a lot of fun if you post something and then get chewed up for an opinion but it happens and you have to learn to cope with that, it will be a regular occurrence with so many varied opinions. Theres nothing wrong with being wrong, nobodys perfect and we will all get something askew at times, key is dont take it or make it personal.

Its true what you say an element of posting is done directly to increase rank/stars in the forum, i'm guilty of this as would be a majority i think at stages, but i always try/tried to add something or just simply not bother as its been answered several times already but as you get close to another rank you increase your output to get the rank then things settle again. It is a forum and one that contains the very young to the not so young and trying to have a level a constant informative incisive input is near on impossible because of this. As i said though the good stuff from the average stuff does get noticed and respected because of it.
This year compared to last the amount of work that has gone up on the boards has increased by alot and i think this is a trend that will continue and we'll a be better for it.

kilbluff1985

all hail the great knowledgable Grazz

yes i just made up a word lol

btw wonder if teejay knows posting in the front bar does not count towards your posting total as most pointless posting happens there