Main Menu

Fantasy Draft

Started by Cicjose, December 09, 2012, 04:04:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

http://www.theroar.com.au/2012/12/09/fantasy-afl-to-be-transformed-by-draft/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+theroar%2Faussie-rules+%28The+Roar+-+AFL%29

Unsurprisingly, the decision to implement significant structural changes to the games has been a hot topic of conversation this past week. So hot, in fact, that it has largely overshadowed another important announcement.

I am talking of course about the introduction of a free draft-based fantasy competition to complement both Dream Team and SuperCoach â€" to be available alongside the traditional salary cap versions.

The draft-based format has been available in previous seasons, but has struggled to ignite user enthusiasm, due largely to the fact that it has never been free.

Although other draft-based AFL fantasy competitions have existed for some time, many are operated by smaller, lesser known organisations. As a result, the draft-based format has never managed to lure the mainstream audience in Australia.

Ziplock

? ultimate footy runs a free one, but if you pay you get more feature- like customisability of fixtures etc.

cool though :P

Toga

i'm quite looking forwards to it... one thing i don't understand though is how are they going to get everyone's leagues to finish the 'draft' before the start of the season? i have a feeling they will take a long time for everyone to have their picks and it will end up being pushed for time ???

13Brummy

I think their drafts are live, so you get like one minute for each pick.  If you can't make it for the draft you can pre-organise a list to auto-draft for you.

Toga

Quote from: 13Brummy on December 14, 2012, 06:02:02 PM
I think their drafts are live, so you get like one minute for each pick.  If you can't make it for the draft you can pre-organise a list to auto-draft for you.

oh really? that sounds good! do you have a source or anything? im interested to find out more about it haha

13Brummy

I think i read it on the dt website nad I'm 95% that it's true but I don't have a source...

Oh well, who is keen for it? There is a SC one that is pretty much organised by NigeyS but I haven't found one for DT... Does anyone want to start an expression of interest list for DT?