Started by popedelio, December 08, 2012, 03:14:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

popedelio

Lewis Stevenson - Port Adelaide

Price - $101,600

Postion - CTR (should be defender)

2011 avg/games - 0/0

2012 avg/games - 0/0

Summary - Only playing 10 games for WCE, Stevenson was traded to Port Adelaide. He has been identified with similar traits as Birchall. Played 0 games in the last 2 seasons because he was unable to break into a solid WCE defence. Played a critical rebounding role for Claremont in the WAFL in both their 2 premiership winning seasons, has been rated amongst their top 6 players in Claremont

Verdict - It is unknown what he is going to average, but now he has a new opportunity at a new club. It also seems he will have good job security with the departure of Pearce, Jacobs and Chaplin. If he is listed as a defender, which hopefully VS will rectify, he should be a lock as a rookie cash cow. If a midfielder, he needs to show scoring potential in the NAB, none the less keep an eye on him

Prediction - 65-70

source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/time-for-power-defender-lewis-stevenson-to-deliver-on-promise/story-e6frf9jf-1226532432536

Mr.Craig

Averaged 65.3 in the WAFL this year.

We'll wait and see but I'm not that keen on him at the moment.

elephants

I have a funny feeling about him... So funny in fact that I'm tempted to pick him over one of the first rounders :o

Noz

I don't think he does have good JS to be honest he has a few guys he has to compete with, Then again he was recruited because he is such an elite kicker and will help us greatly with our deliver out of defence. Like i have said it is an exciting time to be a port supporter.

His kicking has been likened to Jason Akermanis as well as Grant Birchall and can kick well on both left and right feet and after being around guys like Beau Waters, Shannon Hurn and alike at West Coast for a couple of years he has some great experience and was taught well at AFL level.

Windigo

Playing for Port surely means he will see game time as they try and sort out there best 22.

Jukes

He was a good player for us (Claremont) over the past two seasons, our rebounding has always been pretty weak over the years but him and Crawf have been great last couple of seasons. Was named in the WAFL team of the year, too (one of our like 6 representatives lol).

Adamant

No chance as a mid, but will seriously consider if a defender. Not sold on his JS though...

The_Captain

Yeh should be a defender for sure!!! Would lock in if he was! No chance as a mid but!

elephants

Kane Mitchell being picked up this morning makes me much more hesitant on selecting this bloke..

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on December 11, 2012, 03:15:19 PM
Kane Mitchell being picked up this morning makes me much more hesitant on selecting this bloke..

he does need to be upgraded but. Lewis does not!

Adamant

Pittard, Mitchell, Wines, Stevenson, Colquhoun... Port are very DT relevant when it comes to rooks!

Noz

Quote from: Adamant on December 15, 2012, 02:04:24 PM
Pittard, Mitchell, Wines, Stevenson, Colquhoun... Port are very DT relevant when it comes to rooks!
Wingard, Hartlett, Ebert, Gray

Jessbek

The Doctor has already tweeted that he is listed as a Defender for 2013.

Ricochet

This makes him a little more relevant. Only needs to average 65-70ish back there to make enough money for an upgrade