Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

A few potential breakout players at the Dees

. Nathan Jones
. Daniel Nicholson
. Colin Sylvia  ::)
. Jeremy Howe

Ringo

Another Brisbane player who will be value if he continues his improvement will be Mitch Golby.  Injured in round 14 but averaged 82 SC points for the 6 games prior.
Other players from Brisbane worth keeping an eye on are Harwood, Beams and maybe Josh Green.

Rich will improve as will Redden

nichsa673

Colin Sylvia, although an older player now, I think will have a really good year. reviously it has been up to him to get it out of the middle and score some goals, but I think Melbourne have done good recruiting, and now with some big targets in Dawes and Pederson, he could really average 100+ again.

I also Like Harwood from Brisbane. I remember watching him play a game where he fot 140+ and it reminded me of Josh Drummond, and how he set up everything from the backline.

meow meow

Bulldogs breakout contenders:

nichsa673

The obvious player that couls and should breakout from the dogs is Mitch Wallis.
Was an excellent junior, struggled early, but last year he was consistenly getting over 100. If he cn raise his ceilling a bit I think he could average over 95.

CrowsFan

From the Crows I'm tipping Brodie Smith to have a massive year :)

blewy09

Quote from: Ringo on December 14, 2012, 05:52:17 PM
Another Brisbane player who will be value if he continues his improvement will be Mitch Golby.  Injured in round 14 but averaged 82 SC points for the 6 games prior.
Other players from Brisbane worth keeping an eye on are Harwood, Beams and maybe Josh Green.

What sc avg would you predict for Harwood? 75?

Noz

Hartlett to average 115 next season and be the highest scoring defender.

Im predicting Daniel Rich to have a good year.

meow meow

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 14, 2012, 06:39:33 PM
The obvious player that couls and should breakout from the dogs is Mitch Wallis.
Was an excellent junior, struggled early, but last year he was consistenly getting over 100. If he cn raise his ceilling a bit I think he could average over 95.

Libba and Cross missed the last part of the year. Koby and Lower could both play in round 1. Clay will get more midfield time. In 2012 Wallis attended a lot of stoppages. The Dogs have added plenry of midfield depth and Wallis' time on ball may decrease as a result. I predict an average of around 90 max. Smith will be more of a breakout contender and rise to 80 but it's pointless to pick him at his price. The most likely picks are Morris, Campbell and Smith. If you count a forward going from 78 to 90 as a breakout then add Higgo to the list.

Ringo

Quote from: blewy09 on December 14, 2012, 07:06:01 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 14, 2012, 05:52:17 PM

What sc avg would you predict for Harwood? 75?
harwood averaged 72 for the games after he was moved to defence so expect 75 - 80 from him at least which is not bad for a defender,

blewy09

you guys have a lot of those kinds of players with Golby and Docherty coming on well.  Hopefully they don't spoil each others points.

nichsa673

I reckon Harwood could average up to about 80-82/3. Just watching him play he looks like he knows what his doing, but its only his second year.

With the bulldogs, I think their midfield has to step up because Boyd, Cross, Cooney are all older now, so they need to carry the load more. I can't see Higgo averaging 90. With younger midfielders he will be permanent forward, which is a position that he s not a high scorer at.

CrowsFan

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 14, 2012, 10:16:00 PM
I reckon Harwood could average up to about 80-82/3. Just watching him play he looks like he knows what his doing, but its only his second year.
Harwood has been on the list for 3 years, going in to his 4th year next year. Don't know where you got the info he is only in his second year from...

nichsa673

Second year of playing I meant.

CrowsFan

Ah right I get ya. Has played games each year, but this was the first year he got consistent game time.