Breakout Player

Started by nichsa673, December 08, 2012, 12:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Where do you think Polec will be used Ringo? I wonder if any of their young key forwards get a major go at it and could score nicely

Ringo

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 09, 2012, 04:59:52 PM
Where do you think Polec will be used Ringo? I wonder if any of their young key forwards get a major go at it and could score nicely
TBH I see Polec struggling to make at team at best coming of the bench.  We have great depth now in most areas. Personally I would like to see Lisle or Cornelius given an extended crack at the position as they look the best to fill position.  Polec would be competing with Beams, Bewick. Green, Zorko for position.

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on December 09, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
Quote from: Footyrulz on December 09, 2012, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:05:59 PM
You have good young players in the midfield and rucks. you have no kpp's.
I actually agree that Brisbane are a decent young side.

i love their midfield based around leuenberger, black and redden. Then they have rich, rockliff and Zorko as young supporting acts.

They have a solid defence and plenty of attack as well with adcock, mgrath and hanley as rebounding defenders.

Key position is the main issue obviously.

I think if someone other than brown manages to kick some goals, plus with their easy draw, Brisbane could be the surprise finalist for 2013.

A premiership in 2016 might be a bit ambitious though, especially with Gold Coast and gws dominating the competition by then! I wouldn't be surprised though, if they're up and around the top 4.
Thanks Footyrulz
To add to your comments Moloney will probably slot straight into the midfield to give us first use of the ball.  An area where we were beaten badly this year,
Suspect Martin will be used as support for Brown and if he can gain 2010 form will be a solid performer.
Merrett will revert to the Key defender position as well.
Rockliff imo will also be used forward to add to our goal scoring capabilities.   

Thats no good for SC though :(
Surely he is better suited to play midfield? He is Brisbanes best Mid IMO.
It would be like Richmond Playing Cotchin forward every game, just seems a waste

nichsa673

I don't think Brisbane will play RFockliff in the forward line as much since they drafted Mayes.

blewy09

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 09, 2012, 06:55:12 PM
I don't think Brisbane will play RFockliff in the forward line as much since they drafted Mayes.

I thought the main reason rocky was playing fwd this year was due to a niggling injury he has carried all year..(possible o.p :/)

As we all know how good he can play in the midfield...

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 09, 2012, 06:31:20 PM
Quote from: Ringo on December 09, 2012, 04:49:18 PM
Quote from: Footyrulz on December 09, 2012, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:05:59 PM
You have good young players in the midfield and rucks. you have no kpp's.
I actually agree that Brisbane are a decent young side.

i love their midfield based around leuenberger, black and redden. Then they have rich, rockliff and Zorko as young supporting acts.

They have a solid defence and plenty of attack as well with adcock, mgrath and hanley as rebounding defenders.

Key position is the main issue obviously.

I think if someone other than brown manages to kick some goals, plus with their easy draw, Brisbane could be the surprise finalist for 2013.

A premiership in 2016 might be a bit ambitious though, especially with Gold Coast and gws dominating the competition by then! I wouldn't be surprised though, if they're up and around the top 4.
Thanks Footyrulz
To add to your comments Moloney will probably slot straight into the midfield to give us first use of the ball.  An area where we were beaten badly this year,
Suspect Martin will be used as support for Brown and if he can gain 2010 form will be a solid performer.
Merrett will revert to the Key defender position as well.
Rockliff imo will also be used forward to add to our goal scoring capabilities.   

Thats no good for SC though :(
Surely he is better suited to play midfield? He is Brisbanes best Mid IMO.
It would be like Richmond Playing Cotchin forward every game, just seems a waste
Feel free to disagree with me but remember the announcement by Voss that he will be managing Black this year to extend his career by using sub rule.  This i believe will lead to Rockliff playing forward initially moving to mids when Black is subbed.  Have said this along so nothing new here.

shorty3264

i agree with quinny on this one, surely Brisbane is a much better side with Rockliff playing in the middle.
pretty big decision for our SC sides haha

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/152259/default.aspx

This article may change my mind on how often he plays forward.  Know he is talking himself up but could be an indication of his desire and push this year,  With the DPP should be a lock.

Looked great in training on Thursday as well.

The F.A.R.K.

quinny88

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 09, 2012, 06:55:12 PM

Mayes is an 18 year old kid. I dont think they are going to be shifting any players around upon his inclusion just yet.

The_Captain

Quote from: Ringo on December 10, 2012, 05:49:37 PM
http://www.lions.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/5085/newsid/152259/default.aspx

This article may change my mind on how often he plays forward.  Know he is talking himself up but could be an indication of his desire and push this year,  With the DPP should be a lock.

Looked great in training on Thursday as well.

Lets hope so Ringo. Would be great if his scoring went back to the likes of his 2011 season.

nichsa673

Just had a weird thought, I know he wont average around 100, but anyone think Tommy Bell could average 85+ nex year. He looked awesome last season.

The_Captain

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 11, 2012, 12:01:49 AM
Just had a weird thought, I know he wont average around 100, but anyone think Tommy Bell could average 85+ nex year. He looked awesome last season.

What was his average last year??

blewy09

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 11, 2012, 12:01:49 AM

I think 80. Depends on Mick.  Tommy like a tackle though, if he can improve decision making and skills he will be awesome. -Maybe score like Robinson in a yr or 2.

nichsa673

I think he only averaged about 65 last year, but tht is with 2 or 3 sub games. He could be a bit of a gamble in the backline.