Breakout Player

Started by nichsa673, December 08, 2012, 12:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Last year we saw many break out years from young guns in the competition, with the like of Dangerfield, Sidebottom, Beams, Cotchin, Kennedy, all becoming elites of the comp.

Which players do you think will it be this year. Swallow? Christensen? Dustin Martin 2.0?

The_Captain

I reckon Koby Stevens may be a chance. Mitch wallis possibly.

roti

Fyfe to become a premium
Once martin gets his head right he will breakout as well, its up to him when it happens

nichsa673

Phasir

I'd have to say breakout:
Def: 90+
Mid: 105+
Ruck: 90+
Fwd: 90+

Ziplock

the best way to define a premium are by however many positions there are on the field for the player, + 2 or 3, then look at the average. For instance, this year we have 6 defenders, 8 mids, 2 rucks, 6 forwards, so the 8th defender + can be defined roughly as premium, heppell at 85 average, the 8th forward robinson at 93, honestly for mids, only the top 8, 110+ are true premiums, but you can probably get away with top 10, so 105+, while rucks you'd say ryder up, so 90+

so similar to what you have :P

just being a premium doesnt make you a break out though... A. Swallow averaged 103 this year, hitting 105 doesn't mean he's broken out, while mclean only averaged 100, but last year he only averaged 67- that makes him a break out.

basically, it works like this,
Avg. this year             average next year to be a break out

40                                                    75
50                                                   80
60                                                   85-90
70                                                   90-95
80                                                   100
90                                                    105
100                                                  110

that's more of a midfielder guide though... for instance, we've defined premiums as 85+ for defenders, subsequently, if you get a 70 average defender who then averages 85, that can be defined as a break out.

I dunno if that was even the question though.

w.e, you have my answer :P

popedelio

possibly the young eagle brigade of the likes of selwood and shuey. both have shown high ceilings and posted solid averages,  just need to show more consistency, which should skyrocket there average :)

Adamant

Nat Fyfe to become a 110-115+ player.

tbagrocks

Lets see here,

Smith (Ade) 85-95,
Hartlett, if he can keep fit 100-114
Ziebell, 95-110
Darling, 90-100
Martin (Rich) 90-115
Bennell, 95-110
Heppell, 90-100

Footyrulz

looking at the types of players that broke out last season, i think the best criteria are:

youth
gradual improvement
average of around 80 to 90

the players that best apply to this and the players i think might breakout are (in order):
1. matthew wright
2. duncan
3. grimes
4. christensen
5. zeibell
6. heppell

blewy09

Jroo

Quote from: blewy09 on December 08, 2012, 12:23:04 PM
Siposs
+ Sipposs may play the Goddard role.
Hanneberry, Christansen, Conca, Martin, Ziebell, Wallis, C.Beams just a few names

shorty3264

Yarran aswell? love Hannebery and Ziebell

Adamant

I think Ziebell is very overrated, but that's what everyone was saying about Danger last year...hope he surprises me.

nichsa673

Hannabery is an interesting one. with their draw being GWS, GCS, STK, NM and BRI in first 6 rounds he could realy start well.