Breakout Player

Started by nichsa673, December 08, 2012, 12:30:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Not what I was saying at all mate, but whatever. ::)

shorty3264

Jay

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:43:07 PM
haha!

I agree though. Gun mids and rucks but not much else unfortunately. Lisle? Pfft

nichsa673

Quote from: Jayman on December 08, 2012, 08:04:38 PM
Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:43:07 PM
haha!

I agree though. Gun mids and rucks but not much else unfortunately. Lisle? Pfft

+1

blewy09

[/quote]
+ Sipposs may play the Goddard role.
Hanneberry, Christansen, Conca, Martin, Ziebell, Wallis, C.Beams just a few names
[/quote]

Out of interest why do you think Clay Beams?  Any Brisbane supporters do you also agree? Cheers.

nichsa673

I dont go for Brisbane, but I think Claye Beams will definently improve from this year. I dont think he will have a breakout year and average around 100, but I see him averaging anywhere from 75-85 if all goes well.

Jroo

Quote from: blewy09 on December 08, 2012, 08:15:41 PM

+ Sipposs may play the Goddard role.
Hanneberry, Christansen, Conca, Martin, Ziebell, Wallis, C.Beams just a few names
[/quote]

Out of interest why do you think Clay Beams?  Any Brisbane supporters do you also agree? Cheers.
[/quote]
Beams averaged 81 this year if you take out his sub affected games. He also averaged 99 in the last three games so I reckon he can carry this form on 2013.

Jroo

Here are some of my write ups on some break out contenders if anyone's interested
him.
Break Out Contenders
Daniel Hannebery

Hannebery is a SuperCoach gun in the making and has averaged 83, 84 and 82 in the last three years and is very durable, missing only three games since 2010. Hannebery stepped up in the big games for the Swans this year, averaging 109 SuperCoach points in the finals. He does have a big ceiling with four scores over 120 (not including finals) but he definitely needs to add some consistency to his game. He had five scores under 50 which shows he can go missing in some games. But with another pre season under his belt, he should continue to improve in 2013 and add some consistency to his game.

Mitch Duncan
Showing lots of promise in 2012, Duncan has shown in patches he will be a great player in the future, with five big scores over 100. Duncan averaged 80 SuperCoach points for the year and finished the year off averaging 97 from the last three weeks. Duncan does need some improvement, as he had 12 games where he scored under 80. If Duncan can add some consistency to his game, he may be someone to consider as a break out year in 2013 is looming.

Mitch Wallis
Entering his third season in 2013, Wallis is a prime candidate for a break out season. He will play every game if fit in this young Bulldogs line up and has showed some good signs that he will be a great player. He averaged 87 SuperCoach points in 2012 and that included six scores over 100. Wallis is the future for the Doggies and will be a SuperCoach gun, but will 2013 be the year he has a break out season?

David Swallow
The number one draft pick from 2010, he is one of the most talented young players going around. Swallow's 2012 season was ruined with injury only playing the 12 games and averaging 78 SuperCoach points, but if you take out his two games where he was subbed out, he averages 86. If Swallow can stay fit next season, he is surely ready to explode and with the help of Gary Ablett in the Suns midfield, Swallow could take his game to the next level.

Claye Beams
In 2013, I am hopeful Beams can have a season like his brother Dayne did this year. Claye Beams only played the eight games in 2012 for a 66 point average, but when you take out his two sub affected games, it bumps his average up to 81. He also finished the season in fine form averaging 99 SuperCoach points from his last three games.

blewy09

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 08:26:02 PM
I dont go for Brisbane, but I think Claye Beams will definently improve from this year. I dont think he will have a breakout year and average around 100, but I see him averaging anywhere from 75-85 if all goes well.

Finished the year with 80, 103 and 115.  As a 21 year old that does sound very tempting...We know how Dayne has come along, hopefully Claye can too.

Adamant

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 08:26:02 PM

We could tell from your argument with nrich ;D

nichsa673

haha, thought you might pick up on that.

Ringo

From a Brisbane perspective and as most of you know call it as i see it as a Lions supporter and member.  Beams although he may break out is still a huge risk.  Has only played 13 games of Senior football.   Of those 13 games he was sub twice but more  fantasy relevant in 4 of those he was given a tagging role.  Tagged Murphy against Carlton and only scored 60 SC points.  Effectively only a second year player and not a lot of players advance in second year.

To bring a little balance to the last three games average which has got everyone exited the last 2 were against Port and Bulldogs,  Without taking anything away from either of those 2 teams they are not challenging teams and easy to score against.

As much as I love Beams he will have pressure on him to remain in Brisbane's best 22.  See Beams and McGrath fighting out a half forward spot with Beams in front at the moment. 

Would love to be proved wrong though.

Footyrulz

Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:05:59 PM
You have good young players in the midfield and rucks. you have no kpp's.
I actually agree that Brisbane are a decent young side.

i love their midfield based around leuenberger, black and redden. Then they have rich, rockliff and Zorko as young supporting acts.

They have a solid defence and plenty of attack as well with adcock, mgrath and hanley as rebounding defenders.

Key position is the main issue obviously.

I think if someone other than brown manages to kick some goals, plus with their easy draw, Brisbane could be the surprise finalist for 2013.

A premiership in 2016 might be a bit ambitious though, especially with Gold Coast and gws dominating the competition by then! I wouldn't be surprised though, if they're up and around the top 4.

nrich102

Quote from: blewy09 on December 08, 2012, 08:15:41 PM

[/quote]
C Beams is a gun. If he can get his body right he's a 2014 Lock.

Ringo

Quote from: Footyrulz on December 09, 2012, 12:45:46 PM
Quote from: nichsa673 on December 08, 2012, 07:05:59 PM
You have good young players in the midfield and rucks. you have no kpp's.
I actually agree that Brisbane are a decent young side.

i love their midfield based around leuenberger, black and redden. Then they have rich, rockliff and Zorko as young supporting acts.

They have a solid defence and plenty of attack as well with adcock, mgrath and hanley as rebounding defenders.

Key position is the main issue obviously.

I think if someone other than brown manages to kick some goals, plus with their easy draw, Brisbane could be the surprise finalist for 2013.

A premiership in 2016 might be a bit ambitious though, especially with Gold Coast and gws dominating the competition by then! I wouldn't be surprised though, if they're up and around the top 4.
Thanks Footyrulz
To add to your comments Moloney will probably slot straight into the midfield to give us first use of the ball.  An area where we were beaten badly this year,
Suspect Martin will be used as support for Brown and if he can gain 2010 form will be a solid performer.
Merrett will revert to the Key defender position as well.
Rockliff imo will also be used forward to add to our goal scoring capabilities.