Main Menu

Training Report: Valkorum 07/12/2012

Started by valkorum, December 07, 2012, 05:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Pav, Dawson, Pearce, Pearce, Walters, Spurr, Mellington, Griffin, Duffield, Fyfe, Mora, Hill & Griffin didnt train
Johnson did some running and kicking then left the track early
Fyfe was out early doing some kicking and running then left the track - looks ripped
Morabito did some kicking for goal then went in early

Lachie looked good and was involved in everything (geez his legs are solid)
Faulks was very vocal
Menegola is a running machine
Suban looks to have lost a considerably amount of weight
Silvagni was being called SOS (not SCOS or SNOS)
McPharlin did the drills and hardly broke a sweat
Kirk is still fit enough to play
Smith looked pretty good (lined up as a defender in a whole ground drill)
Crozier hurled his guts up, decided against taking a photo of that.  That being said, he was impressive in the training
Mundy/Duffy/Maine/Pitt ran lots of laps then some agility and then some kicking drills. Duffy started with Mundy but Mundy left him in his wake after about 8 laps or so

Out of the guys hoping for a spot

Symonds and Sinclair didnt look very impressive and always appeared behind the rest in the running
Rodda has massive legs and looks pretty good
Taberner looked really impressive
Hewson was good

valkorum

I am heading down to training again this Friday

Ricochet

very nice Valk, i enjoy these reports.
what do you think of Menegola getting elevated? didn't have a big year or anything last year but sounds like he is killing preseason

valkorum

He needs an LTI before he can be upgraded so I am hoping no chance.  I wouldnt say he is burning up the track from a skills point of view (not saying he is crap either) but the boy can run and run and run and run.........

j959

anchorman

I guess new season training starts back in full swing either later this week or early next week.Just hope they all come back and are in tip top condition ready for another pounding.
Hopefully none of the boys have to be sent back to their WAFL clubs to get back in shape.

SydneyRox

What can you find out/tell us about Morabito?

valkorum

Trained with the main group today for the first time.  His kicking was a little off but that was to be expected. 

Standout from today was Son Son (Michael Walters) and Haydn Crozier

SydneyRox

Cheers mate. Just keeping an eye on him for DT. They do love him down there, surely he could play 22 games this year and @ $108k he is a steal?!

valkorum

If he plays - LOCK AND LOAD

But yes he has talent and is highly rated down at Freo (I rate him as well)

Toga

What chance does Nugget Neale have of playing in 2013? Looks to be a real jet, loved watching him in the SANFL a couple of years ago, would love to see him out on Paterson's next year!

valkorum

Neale is a quality player but selections this year will be hard and some may have to miss out.  I believe that he is definitely right in the mix for selection and would be deserving of his spot.

He has put on quite a bit of bulk/muscle through his legs and his workrate at training has been very impressive.

Toga

Quote from: valkorum on January 04, 2013, 09:26:44 PM
Neale is a quality player but selections this year will be hard and some may have to miss out.  I believe that he is definitely right in the mix for selection and would be deserving of his spot.

He has put on quite a bit of bulk/muscle through his legs and his workrate at training has been very impressive.

Yeah he definitely looks as though his body is in the right shape, but yeah as you said it will be hard to break into RTB's team! Hopefully he gets out and about in the next couple of years!

What about another impressive SA youngster Alex Forster? Any news on him?

valkorum

Has good wraps on him with regard to his skills but being injured most of last year means he is a little behind at the moment.  Dont think it will be his time this year, look to next year for him - but stranger things have happened

Cicjose

from the reports that i have seen on Fremantle's preseason the biggest improver has been Crozier...

lking his chances for a debut early on at this stage