Rate my team

Started by Mr Micah, December 07, 2012, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr Micah

TEAM NAME: Micahs M&M's
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, B. Lake, N. Bock, S. Docherty (J. Pittard, S. Colquhoun)
MID: D. Swan, G. Ablett jnr, J. Redden, M. Murphy, L. Ball, A. Embley, S. Mayes, B. Crouch (J. O'Meara, J. Viney)
RUC: N. Naitanui, M. Leuenberger (M. Daw, B. Grundy)
FWD: L. Franklin, S. Johnson, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, M. LeCras, J. Daniher (B. Staker, T. Lee)
CASH LEFT: $22,000
Please rate me! ;)

kilbluff1985

really like most of it but would prefer someone else besides Lake and Bock prob wont be fit by round 1 don't think they are worth having just for DPP link

Bartel is declining don't think i'd start with him

it's pretty good overall thought i'd give you 8/10

mezzoculo

DEF:
Yep, I'd also go with only one of Bock or Lake as DPP and downgrade the other to a rookie (or upgrade one to Broughton if you're feeling adventurous). Birchall's season-on-season consistency means he doesn't offer much value for money in a starting team but he should end up in the top 8-10 defenders by the end of the year.
MID:
Four premiums and two mid-pricers doesn't leave much room for the plethora of mid cashcows. Perhaps consider downgrading one for one of Matt Jones (Melb) or Dean Towers (Syd) - two mature rookies who should get plenty of game time at their respective clubs? That will frees up cash to compensate for the inevitable MN related price increase.
RUC:
Nice, although be aware that NicNat is under an injury cloud at the moment (groin).
FWD:
Agree again with kb on Bartell. You already have Stevie J from Geelong so why not look at one of Daisy/Wright/Bennell/Robinson for your fourth forward premium? Tom Lee is also one to keep an eye on - as a fringe KPP in an average side he may not be a great cashcow.

Good luck!

Mr.Craig

Looks good, I like it. Maybe slot in Menzel instead of Mayes.

I do have some fears that Lake might take points off Birchall, you'd want to pay very close attention to any of the NAB games where the Hawks use their Plan A setup just to see how they work together.

mezzoculo

Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 07, 2012, 01:46:39 PM
Menzel won't start training til 2013 so you'd think he'll be at long odds to get early games. Ben Kennedy from the Pies is a more likely (and cheaper) DPP starter.

stew42

DEF:
I mostly agree with Mezz, only one of Lake or Bock, probably Lake as he doesn't have as many injury concerns. Also expect to see Birchall being tagged more. I imagine him to be similar to Heath Shaw in that sense. Your rooks are good, Colquhoun should be in PA's best 22 (let's hope!) 8/10
Mids:
Having Swan and GAJ, huge tick  ;D Redden should improve on his average to 110+. Murphy is so ridiculously underpriced... I would only go with Ball, as Mezz says, there are heaps of good mid rooks available. However I disagree with his idea that mature age rookies are automatically in their side's best 22. Particularly with Towers, he'll be fighting for a spot with Mitchell, Meredith and Gordon (if we re-rookie him). Also I wouldn't be too confident about Mayes, as Voss has such a crap record with rookies (with the exception of Zorko). 8/10
Rucks:
Solid. It's vanilla, but who cares? 9/10
Fwds:
You've probably spent a bit too much here. I would downgrade one of Franklin, Stevie or Bartel to a midpricer or rookie. Otherwise it's good. 8.5/10

Cash remaining: You'll probably find yourself a few hundred k short when the MN rises, but this should be fixed with the downgrade of Ball/Embley and your premo fwds.

stew42

Quote from: mezzoculo on December 07, 2012, 01:51:25 PM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on December 07, 2012, 01:46:39 PM
Menzel won't start training til 2013 so you'd think he'll be at long odds to get early games. Ben Kennedy from the Pies is a more likely (and cheaper) DPP starter.
Really? Who will Kennedy replace???  :o

mezzoculo

Really? Who will Kennedy replace???  :o
Nixon  ;)

stew42

Actually Kennedy replaced Eisenhower  :P

mezzoculo

Quote from: stew42 on December 07, 2012, 02:20:00 PM
Actually Kennedy replaced Eisenhower  :P
Ha ha! Derp.   :-\

mezzoculo

Take two on Kennedy.

At a guesstimate, he could poach games from either young players (e.g. Marley Williams et al) or an injured, older player (Dids)?

Mr Micah

from beffor i diden`t use Lake to be a DPP I used him to get more money. I traded from P. Hanley to Lake.

What Kennedy????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

mezzoculo

From before I didn`t use Lake to be a DPP I used him to get more money. I traded from P. Hanley to Lake.
If you want to make money then go with a rookie. Mature rookie Dean Terlich should be a good chance for early games at Melbourne. Leigh Osborne - if drafted by the Suns as expected - is another.
What Kennedy????? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
Ben Kennedy from the Magpies.

Mr Micah

I`ll think about it. :-\ :-\ :-\

Mr Micah

please rate it. What should I do with Leuenburger? What do you think?