Pick the player, or the draw?

Started by nichsa673, December 06, 2012, 11:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Hey guys, I'm just putting this one out there cause I'm interested to see what people are thinking. The two players I am going to use in this post are Marc Murphy and Kieran Jack.

As everyone knows, Marc Murphy is a proven SC player who struggled last year through injury (by his standards).

On the other hand, after a slow start, Kieran Jack dominated the second half of the season and showed he is a true premium.

My question is, do you go with a player like Murphy, who will get you a consistent 110-120 regardless of opposition, or do you go with Jack, who, with the starting draw of GWS, GCS, NM, GEE,STK, BRIS, could average, IMO, 125-135+.

All opinions are welcome.

Capper

why not both, who else are you looking at??

ronl

With Murphy likely to get the Judd tag from now on not sure about that 110-120ppg. I think Jack will at least equal Murphy's output and possibly better it.  But I'll be having neither.

Ringo

Welcome to the joys of SC.

The only time I consider the draw is if I can not really separate 2 players that I am considering. Using your case Sydney has a slightly better draw on paper than Carlton so go Jack.

Another useful consideration is look at who the clubs play twice and look at their scores against those teams for comparison purposes.

As I said only used when unable to separate players,  In all cases and I can not emphasise this enough go with gut feeling as it never really lets you down.

nichsa673

Quote from: tabs on December 07, 2012, 01:45:54 AM
why not both, who else are you looking at??

Ive also got Gaz, Pendles or Selwood, then 1 of those two, Mundy, Bundy and Ball, with Omeara, Viney, and Im looking at Jesse lonergan, kavanagh, crouch, mitchell, kent and a few other for last two spots.

Jay

I'm on the KJack bandwagon. Hope not many others lock him in. Would be a great POD.

Murphy is still a bit of an unknown in regards to handling a tag.

Capper

i should have kept KJACK to myself and not written the thread

Footyrulz

always go for the player!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torress

I think its wise to consider the fixture more so with midpriced picks. not as big of deal with premo selections imo.

swans and saints have a nice early draw, who will rebound with no goddard and gram gone???

The_Captain

Adamant

Definitely Murph out of the two. He is nicely underpriced and should go well under Mick - locked.

SydneyRox

I have locked in both ATM as well, Jack at M4

Sabretooth Tigers

Just to throw something else in to the equation, if Murphy should get the captaincy how will that affect ( if any ) his game. Out of the two I would go for Murphy but in reality I'm taking Josh Kennedy. Cheers.

quinny88

I dont consider the draw when picking premiums. particularly midfielders.
Go with who you think will score the most over the season. The right time will come to get the other player at some stage or a better option will pop up