Redden or Murphy?

Started by GM, December 06, 2012, 09:55:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

These premiums are there for the taking.Both are underpriced and are ready to explode.
But if you had to choose,which one would it be?

quinny88

slipknot_4

murphy over redden for sure

Shihan7

Will Murphy be able to get the number 1 tag though?

Adamant

Murphy averaged 111.4 in 2011, and 100.8 in 2012.

Redden averaged 109.1 in 2011, and 102.6 in 2012.

Both very similar numbers, but the difference is Murphy's average was heavily affected by his shoulder injury (averaged 105.7 without the 27). Whereas, Redden had a bit of a down year. Both young and on the improve, however Murphy is more proven, averaging between 97-102 from 2008-2010. One thing that works in Redden's favour is that he is unlikely to get tagged and doesn't need to rack up the 30+ possesions to hit the ton (tackling machine). Murphy will cop more and more attention though, and doesn't cope too well with a tag.

But out of the two, I would be leaning towards Murph.

Mr.Craig

Flip a coin really. Hopefully there'll both end up back around the 110 mark.

nrich102

**Insert overused "why don't we have both" thing**

Windigo

I'd go Redden, he is only 22 and there is so much room for improvement.

Nieso FC

T Dog

Redden...something seems to be changing  with the Lions setup for next season..not sure exactly what it is yet but I figure more upside than the Blues..

GM

I agree T Dog i think the Lions will be a big improver this year.

ronl

I don't think Murphy will handle the number one tag.  And there are better options than Redden.  No, to both.

Holz

Murphy is a lock in my eyes, should be safe for 105+ and i think he can go back up to 110. Redden is a good pick and i want him also, but between the two i would go murphy. Carlton should be on the up too with malthouse at the helm and judd is still there so you cant tag murphy too hard.

its me lads

Like them both but not keen on Murphy, he doesn't handle the Number 1 tag well. I think Redden can keep his tackle count the same but get more of the ball. Should average 110+ IMO.

Windigo

Top 3 for tackles two years running. Only problem with Reddo is he never posts the huge scores of the 130+