Mundy or Fyfe?

Started by nichsa673, December 06, 2012, 12:18:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichsa673

Pretty simple, which one would you pick?

What makes them bet over the other?

shorty3264

Fyfe. I've had him locked in since his average was hit by injury.
Mundy will be the more popular pick I think, but Fyfe is younger with a much bigger ceiling. I think he will average 110+, even in Mundy's prime, he averaged 107. Huge fan of Fyfe.

kilbluff1985

yeah i'd have to choose Fyfe if i had to couldnt really say why just think he is better

Hawks_1976

Call me stupid but I'll say both for two reasons.

1. Both will have full preseason, be fit and firing and average well over 100. Could be keepers as Freo eye off a top 4 spot in 2013.
Champion data favours players who are part of winning teams. I'd be happy if my M7 and M8 were averaging 105 by the end of the year.

2. With the new midfield structure of 8 starting midfielders, loading up on super premiums puts pressure on your starting salary cap so these two provide value for money and allow you to place and extra cash elsewhere.

quinny88

Quote from: shorty3264 on December 06, 2012, 12:25:30 AM
Mundy will be the more popular pick I think, but Fyfe is younger with a much bigger ceiling. I think he will average 110+, even in Mundy's prime, he averaged 107. Huge fan of Fyfe.

Think you're missing the whole picture here with Mundy.
On paper his biggest avg is 107 in 2011 but if you take away his injury affected score of 6, he actually averaged 116 that year.
In 2012 he had almost no pre season and struggled most of the year with fitness, but when he got back to full fitness in the back end of the year he actually averaged 114 from his last 8 games including 2 finals games.
All reports are that he is training really well and I would expect him to outscore Fyfe. Although Fyfe could and will hopefully go to the next level

Footyrulz

Muddy has more potential to become a premium,

ossie85

Fyfe is a superstar already, and is still on the up. Fyfe for me.

shorty3264

Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 02:17:27 AM

On paper his biggest avg is 107 in 2011 but if you take away his injury affected score of 6, he actually averaged 116 that year.
In 2012 he had almost no pre season and struggled most of the year with fitness, but when he got back to full fitness in the back end of the year he actually averaged 114 from his last 8 games including 2 finals games.
All reports are that he is training really well and I would expect him to outscore Fyfe. Although Fyfe could and will hopefully go to the next level
yeh fair point mate. I'm not doubting Mundy is a gun midfielder at all, they will both be popular picks, If given the choice i think I would pick Fyfe.

quinny88

Quote from: shorty3264 on December 06, 2012, 09:13:53 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 06, 2012, 02:17:27 AM

yeh fair point mate. I'm not doubting Mundy is a gun midfielder at all, they will both be popular picks, If given the choice i think I would pick Fyfe.
Yeah fair enough. Definitely more breakout potential in Fyfe.
Anyone think Barlow comes back into the mix now that he seems to have fully recovered from his broken leg?
Also had a strong finish to the season

nichsa673

I would love for Barlow to get back to his best, but personally I think it would be very hard for him to replicate what he did in his first season. He may be able to push his average to 105-110, but in his first year, He didnt have the midfield around hime which meant he go the high scores. Now that they have the likes of Mundy and Fyfe, I can't see him getting his average up around 115 mark.

Shihan7

I am considering Fyfe, Mundy and Barlow for M5, and i am probably going with Mundy...

Torress

i think mundy would be more consistent as he is the extractor - will get jags of points for the contested stuff he does.

I like fyfe but he'll get the tag, ive had mundy in my fanplanner from the get go.

but relly both good picks but mundy cheaper so better!!

Grazz

Mundy for me, both quality players but Mundy being cheaper will seal the deal. Fyfe is yet to start full pre season due to growing pains, where as Mundy is having a good one. Barlow ran third in the time trial on the 5/12. Valk has a couple of good links in the Freo threads discussing Fyfe/Barlow etc.

The_Captain

Quote from: Grazz on December 07, 2012, 11:51:08 AM
Mundy for me, both quality players but Mundy being cheaper will seal the deal. Fyfe is yet to start full pre season due to growing pains, where as Mundy is having a good one. Barlow ran third in the time trial on the 5/12. Valk has a couple of good links in the Freo threads discussing Fyfe/Barlow etc.

+1. Also the fact that Mundy still had a decent average last year and was underdone for the majority of the year. Should start firing this year!

Adamant

Fyfe has HUGE upside, but Mundy is safe and should average 110+ quite comfortably.